PDA

View Full Version : Mothers' Day 2009

Rkkm
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Just in from dinner with a friend who went to DL with his family this past Sunday, Mothers' Day. He said the parking structure was very crowded, but both DL and CA were not. He reported reasonable line waits that allowed them to go on all the rides they had planned on doing.

Her said he had been clued into the tip that Mothers' Day is not a crowded day. I had been under the impression that Mothers' Day was usually a mob scene.

Anyone have input on this .. especially this Mother's Day? Thanks!

Bytebear
05-13-2009, 08:02 PM
We went both Saturday and Sunday (Mothers' Day). It was more crowded on Saturday. Both days we got there around 11, and Saturday we got the tail end of Goofy, but Sunday they had just opened Goofy.

We joked that all the regular park guests were at the Disneyland Hotel Brunch, and sure enough, later in the day, we saw a lot of people with brunch buttons.

4DWs
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
We were there on Mother's Day too! We fully expected DL to be packed but were so happy to see how pleasantly uncrowded it was. Especially since we were moving through the park at a slower pace with 3 older visitors. The longest line wait was about 30 minutes for Submarine at 9 am. What a wonderful day we had!

Sleeping Beauty's mom
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
We were there on Mother's Day. Got there around 11 and left about 7 or so.
Neither park was very crowded, most lines were at 15 to 20 minutes with the exception of Toy Story which was 45. They gave the moms carnations in DCA for Mother's Day. Saw The Incredibles and Goofy in DCA.

In DL, we saw Mary Poppins, she was interacting with the kids, really cute.
Went on Mark Twain and almost got stuck. The engine sounded like it stopped and an alarm would ring. After we got off, they closed it due to mechanical difficulties. Around 5 or so they were taking ressies for dinner at 7:30 for Celebration Roundup. Wasn't too hot and was a very enjoyable day.

TowerofTerror
05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
WELL IM GLAD ALL THAT WENT ON MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND HAD A GOODTIME. i think maybe people rather spend time with their moms somewhere else

DisneyFunFamily4
05-14-2009, 08:15 AM
we too went to DL for Mothers Day... We arrived at about 9 am and left at about 4, it wasn't to bad. The longest line we waited in was 45 minutes for Toy Story. I was able to call at 8 am and get seating for Minnie and Friends at 1030 am... We pretty much walked on to most rides in the morning. After lunch it seemed to get a little more crowded but nothing horrid, and when we left at 4 pm it seemed a lot of others were leaving as well....

dlfansx4
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
We were there on Mother's Day and found it really nice, crowd-wise. We had stayed the night at the Grand Californian so we were at DL for Magic Morning at 7:00. We rode 6 or 7 rides before the park even opened at 8:00 (with no lines on anything). I do have to wonder if many people staying at the resort skipped Magic Morning to have Mother's Day breakfast or brunch instead. But since that was our first time, we have no idea if it is always completely empty like that. We were even able to walk straight on to Nemo which surprised me.

Some rides were only 10 minutes (TOT and California Screaming) later in the day, while there were a few others that were around 30 (Space Mountain at one point).

But yes, it did seem a little less crowded for a Sunday even when we were leaving around 4:00.

I saw quite a few Mouse Adventure teams and even talked to a couple, but never introduced myself. It looked like everyone was a having a great time :p

Tiger Lily
05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
My family and I were there on Mother's day also. We were expecting it to be pretty crowded but to our surprise it wasn't bad. We arrived around 8:30 and left around 2. We rode 12 rides and spent about an hour shopping. We had a blast.