PDA

View Full Version : hehe [Boudin Bakery @ DCA]

Hawkeye Jenny
01-02-2003, 02:20 PM
I heard a good one at the boudini bakery in DCA. A kid came up to the counter and ordered a cookie. Cashier says "sure, that'll be $3.01"....the kid says "no..I only want one cookie..."

Sad yet amusing.:o

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 04:29 PM
And the Cashier responds.....no, that would be $6.02 the $3.01 is only for 1/2 a cookie. ;-)

Ok, sorry couldn't resist.

Laffite
01-02-2003, 11:23 PM
and 1 cent? Who came up with these prices?

RStar
01-03-2003, 07:41 AM
That would be $1.87 +tax, I belive.

Ghoulish Delight
01-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by RStar
That would be $1.87 +tax, I belive. That would be $2.01. The thing is $3.01. That's $2.79+tax. Basically, they wanted the final price to be as close to $3 as possible, but they also want the bs of having the price end in a 9. Everything's gotta end in a 9. They could have knocked a penny off and had it be exactly $3, but no, it's just not kosher in the business world to not have your pre-tax price end in 9. :rolleyes:

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Businees world????? I thought we were leaving the real world behind when we entered the gates, so who cares what's kosher and what's not? ;-)

Ok, really, I do think it's a dumb idea to have your post tax price end in a penny, esp. since the prices aren't generally posted on the cookies and I do agree that $3.01 for one cookie is a bit out of hand, i'll be waiting for my birthday and will get my free one, thank you very much.

AVP
01-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ldsguy
I thought we were leaving the real world behind when we entered the gates, so who cares what's kosher and what's not? ;-)

DCA has kosher cookies? :D

AVP

ldsguy
01-04-2003, 10:09 PM
DCA has kosher cookies?
Ha, Ha, I was refering to an earlier thread that said:

They could have knocked a penny off and had it be exactly $3, but no, it's just not kosher in the business world to not have your pre-tax price end in 9.

Ok, so, I couldn't resist responding.

rexfarms
01-04-2003, 10:11 PM
LOL

TerryTiger
01-05-2003, 11:48 AM
...Ok, really, I do think it's a dumb idea to have your post tax price end in a penny, esp. since the prices aren't generally posted on the cookies and I do agree that $3.01 for one cookie is a bit out of hand, i'll be waiting for my birthday and will get my free one, thank you very much.

Free Cookie??? I only thought we got a bag of free tortillas across the street at Mission... Does the Boudin Bakery really give a free cookie on your birthday? Any other birthday freebies that us Mouseplaneteers should know about?

Nancy
01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I thought they can only charge tax on hot food, anyone know?:confused:

rexfarms
01-05-2003, 08:30 PM
When it was my birthday I went to Mission and I got a bag of tortillas and a nice black apron. I was very supprised.:)

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 08:03 AM
I thought they can only charge tax on hot food, anyone know?
This is one thing that bugs me......
In California:
If you go into the Candy Shop, they can't charge you tax on anything, because you don't eat it in the shop....just like going to See's Candy, there's no tax there either.

If you go into a restraunt or somewhere that serves food, you are charged tax on everything, including cold items. The true rule is supposed to be on cold items: If you eat it on the premises of the restraunt then tax is supposed to be charged, if you are going to take it to go then tax is not supposed to be charged. The difference to this rule would be pre-packaged food, i.e. if you go into White Water Snack Bar at the Hotel and get A Frozen Yogurt, one of thier Pies, a soda, a hamburger and a Candy Bar, if you ate it at the restraunt, the rule is you are supposed to have to pay tax on:
The frozen yogurt, the pie, the soda, the hamburger, but not the candy bar.

If you take it to go, then the rule is that you are supposed to have to pay tax on:
The hamburger and the soda (All fountain drinks must have tax charged on them), not the frozen yogurt, the pie or the candy bar.

No one ever follows this rule properly.....except most frozen yogurt shops.

RStar
01-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
That would be $2.01. The thing is $3.01. That's $2.79+tax.

Oops. Sorry, GD. But at least I think I got the idea right, it was the tax:rolleyes:. At least they didn't just arbatrarily set the price at $3.01.

You are a stickler for detail, aren't you?;)

Doodle Duck
01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
I bought a box of Chocolates at the candy counter on MS and got charged tax.
What about those metal mini-lunchbox things that contain (GREAT) candy??? we buy those and get charged tax.

Sorry confused as the checkers.

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Sorry, but you are not supposed to get charged tax on those items, the Candy Shop on Main Street might be a little different, at lease on the candy that is made there, because it is made on site. The candy shop in DCA would not be able to charge tax though, with a few exceptions to these rules as well....believe me, if Disney is charging tax, then tax must be charged, they would get in huge ammounts of trouble for charging when it's not supposed to be and not charging when it is.

rexfarms
01-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Sorry, but you are not supposed to get charged tax on those items, the Candy Shop on Main Street might be a little different, at lease on the candy that is made there, because it is made on site. The candy shop in DCA would not be able to charge tax though, with a few exceptions to these rules as well....believe me, if Disney is charging tax, then tax must be charged, they would get in huge ammounts of trouble for charging when it's not supposed to be and not charging when it is.

I agree.