PDA

View Full Version : Pinocchio and Enchanted Cottage Refurbishment

JoeCool
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi. I just noticed that in this week's DL update that Pinocchio's Daring Journey will be closed July 20 – August 14 for refurbishment and the
The Enchanted Cottage will closed July 29 – November 17 for refurbishment.

Does anyone have any information on why Pinocchio is being refurbished in the middle of the summer...after Snow White comes back. I am just curious as to why Snow White and Pinocchio would be closed for refurbishment during June, July and August. I love these attractions and I know the lines are never long but still it is the summer season.

Also I love the Enchanted Cottage and their preztels and popcorn. DOes anyone know what is going on with this? I know the EC does not get a lot of traffic but it does do business because of the overflow from the Princess festivities that take place nearby.

As always, I love Mouseplanet and the updates, and I visit daily!
Keep up the great work!!

IdahoMike
05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, they can't all go down in spring and fall, so I am guessing they are picking the "less popular" attractions to go down in the summer. Fewer people are going to miss Snow White or Pinocchio, than will miss say, Peter Pan, or Indy. Unless there is a full scale refurb along the lines of Space Mtn or It's a Small World, you won't see the big attractions go down during peak traffic times.

Malcon10t
05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Also I love the Enchanted Cottage and their preztels and popcorn. DOes anyone know what is going on with this? They are probably trying to have it reopened in time for the holiday season, so they are takingit out at the later portion of the summer season.

Smorri
05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I would think that the pending re-release of the Snow White DVD might also have something to do with the refurbishing.

TheCoachman
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Pinocchio's Daring Journey really needs to be refurbed the Lampwick Hologram in the mirror. it has not been working and it really makes that part of the ride so dull looking. Hopefully they can just fix the lightbulb inside before the refurbishment.

xsilverxstarsx
05-17-2009, 10:11 AM
The Enchanted Cottage is going down for refurbishment and opening back up as a smaller venue (i dont know how much smaller it can get)... details really arent known yet, but rumors are that its going to be something like a giant ODV stand... turkey legs and soda... i hope not. Weve known about the closure for a couple of months now and still no one knows what its going to reopen as.

JoeCool
05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
The Enchanted Cottage is going down for refurbishment and opening back up as a smaller venue (i dont know how much smaller it can get)... details really arent known yet, but rumors are that its going to be something like a giant ODV stand... turkey legs and soda... i hope not. Weve known about the closure for a couple of months now and still no one knows what its going to reopen as.

Thanks for the information. I agree no turkey legs. Keep the preztels, popcorn, brownies and Bavarian sausage! The stand is small as it is!
When more details are available, please let us know.