PDA

View Full Version : Cast Cutters gone

tabacco
01-02-2003, 11:08 AM
I don't think this affects too many people here, but I thought it was worth noting that Cast Cutters closed for good at the end of the year. They were the backstage barbershop behind Space Mountain. Gary retired on the 28th, and the company decided to close the shop altogether.

tinkfreak
01-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I thought that was real sad. Gary seemed like a nice guy, and half of the male CM's desperatly need his advice. The "Disney Look" is fast becoming a thing of the past.

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Which does bring up an itneresting idea, why not do as WDW does in this instance and have a Barber SHop on Main Street? Make sure there is enough staff to handle both CMs and guests.

HTHBellcaptain
01-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, the CM Hair Styling places at WDW are still open. But I get my hair cut on Main Street, just cause it's so cool to get it cut there.

Promo-Man
01-03-2003, 08:33 AM
What a sad thing to have one of the best perks for a CM gone. I had the privilege of working for two years at the park (Graveyard Custodial). My hair was at its best at that time because of having my hair trimmed every two weeks to borderline Disney at a most resemble price. :crying: