PDA

View Full Version : Waiting in a Wheelchair

fronkfam
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
We are visiting in August. We've never been to DLR in the summer crowds before and I worry about my son who is in a wheelchair. He loves to be in his chair, but if we're not moving, he gets very impatient and could 'melt-down'. For rides like TSMM does anyone know if the CMs would let one of us stand in line while the other person takes our son and other kids to do something else, then join the line again? Even if it is just walking around in the nearby area, he just can't be stationary for too long. Last year, a very kind CM let us go through the single rider line with the chair and we all rode together. I know she didn't have to do that, so I'm trying to prepare us for waiting this time!

candles71
05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
DH actually saw the give someone a pass to come back later last week. We were arguing because I said that ECVs (his mom was in one that day) had to wait in the stand-by line, because it was made for it. He said someone was given a pass to come back later as he was waiting for the rest of us to join him. Now a side note, that line really keeps moving, it does get longish but is pretty constant motion.

Malcon10t
05-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Your best bet will be to ask the CM who is managing the line.

Cheshire Figment
05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Since TSMM is a constant-load attraction the line is always moving. Somethimes there are short pauses, but I have never had to be in one specific location for more than a minuta at a time; this is due to lengthening and compression of the line (normal flow).

fronkfam
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Are there other rides you can think of that we might have to be more aware of how long we're standing in line? We will definitely use FP to our advantage, but I want to be prepared.

Malcon10t
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Are there other rides you can think of that we might have to be more aware of how long we're standing in line? We will definitely use FP to our advantage, but I want to be prepared.Two that I can think of would be POTC and Space Mountain. While you wait in a different area, the line moves SO slowly. The standby lines generally keep moving, but the HA lines move slower due to the limit on the number of handicapped allowed at one time for evac reasons.

MammaSilva
05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Not a ride but an attraction, Mickeys House/Movie Barn. The line can back up fast on a busy day and there are no alternative waiting areas for this attraction, to visit Mickey on a set you have to go thru the house into the queue in the barn and just wait for your group to be ushered onto a set. The queue is wheelchair and evc accessible and they don't offer any level of alternate access.