PDA

View Full Version : Small World refurb?

SoCalSnowWhite
01-01-2003, 11:44 PM
I know that the holiday decorations are coming down on the 6th, but it didn't say anything about Small World being down for refurb on the disneyland website. Anybody got any info?

Undertaker72
01-02-2003, 04:47 AM
According to my sister they are keeping it up another week. I heard this yesterday.

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Well, when we were there on NYE, the CM we were talkign with said he was scheduled to work Small World for the next two weeks, but no official announcement about extending it had been made, he was as confused as us....so, it may be extended for another week, or two or may be that the schedule was wrong, who knows?

zapppop
01-02-2003, 10:23 AM
TDA delayed IASW's closing till January 13th because they didn't want so many rides closed all at once; specifically, King Arthur's Carrousel. Supposedly, Small World will not close until the carrousel rehab is finished; that's why it was extended. If it's true, expect Small World to close and the carrousel to re-open January 13, 2003.

refurbmike
01-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Unless Disney pulls a miracle (which they can), I highly doubt that the Carousel will be open in January. Remember, even after all the construction is finished, they like to do some testing.

Small World should be closing January 13th.

zapppop
01-02-2003, 02:46 PM
I disagree.
The hardest part of the rehab was actually rebuilding the carrousel structure itself and that's done. All they have to do is paint the roof and put the horses on, and such. They can test for a day or two. There's not much work left. Unless progress slows down over the next few weeks, I'm confident the carrousel will reopen this month, even if it's not on the 13th.

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 04:20 PM
According to the area lead, the carousel will reopen on Jan. 30th, and looking at the progress, I would say this is completely doable. Also, the Matterhorn is suposed to be reopen on Feb. 13th.