PDA

View Full Version : Snow White's Scary Adventures Refurbishment

ScottC4746
05-06-2009, 04:09 AM
It must really be slow at the park for most of the park to have the attraction closed this long in the summer.

adriennek
05-06-2009, 06:48 AM
It must really be slow at the park for most of the park to have the attraction closed this long in the summer.

They had iasw closed last year all summer?

Adrienne

houseofmouse
05-06-2009, 07:04 AM

Why? Because it is so wildly popular there will be riots because it is closed?? I walked on this ride all last July. It is not that popular. I don't think it has anything to do with the crowd levels? Someone said the park was packed this past weekend.

mswong40
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Actually this is one of my favorite rides in fantasyland..........:(

I enjoy all the rides here....Pinocchio, PeterPan, Mr. Toads wild ride....etc.

Perhaps they are recreating some new things.......I hope!

DisneyDustin22
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
1 month is not all summer. And it's not even during the "summer" months either. It re-opens on July 3. Summer begins on June 21.

dznyphreak
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Honestly, this ride scares the crap out of me...a nearly-20-year-old college student. I wouldn't mind (or be surprised) if it was replaced. With its low ridership and lack of richness that PPF, AiW, MTWR, and PDJ have, I don't think it'd be a shock to see it go in the near future.

Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth...the opinion of a college kid who may or may not know what he's talking about... ;)

fairestoneofall
05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Love the ride. My toddler boys LOVE the ride, they don't find it the least bit 'scary'.....maybe that's because we don't use the term 'scary'. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to see what they have in store for the ride.

candles71
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
We love it too.

leota's necklace
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Lord, I love this ride. The Silly Song scene makes me clap my hands and sing along and grin. Thank goodness I have a trip through a forest and a dungeon afterward so I can compose myself...but I'm sure the CM's see me on the cameras and think I am an idiot.

cstephens
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Honestly, this ride scares the crap out of me...a nearly-20-year-old college student.

I went with a co-worker once who was *terrified* of the queen when she turned around and became the old hag. She screamed really loudly. I laughed.

Bytebear
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I love this ride too. In fact, I love all the simple dark rides. I wish they would add more to DCA, as it proves that a simple ride that is done well, can be as popular and withstand the test of time as much as anything new and high tech.

I do have a wish that one day they extend the ending to include a proper end to the story.

Lehua
05-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I do have a wish that one day they extend the ending to include a proper end to the story.

That's the thing that drives me nuts about this ride - zero transition from the scary part to the happy ending! We usually skip it because my son would freak his freak if he rode it.

BunnyCups
05-11-2009, 01:00 AM
I love this ride too. In fact, I love all the simple dark rides. I wish they would add more to DCA, as it proves that a simple ride that is done well, can be as popular and withstand the test of time as much as anything new and high tech.

BINGO!

We only go on it to make fun of it for that very reason.

Mickey
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Sorry for all of the Snow White Ride Haters but I LOVE THIS RIDE!!! I don't care if Snow White appears only 1 time, and the fact that it's scary hey come on that's fun!!! As I read somewhere, it's Disneyland's original scary ride! Even though they can include more characters, you know where? Just when you go in the mine part they can have some dwarfs behind the jewels . Or probably add a scared Snow White running in the woods, or her hand on the floor when the door opens in the cottage and the witch offers the apple uuuuuuuuu scary but fun!

Leave the Snow White ride ALONE!!!! :)

c00kiezRyuMMy
05-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah i love this ride. It's one of my favorites in fantasyland! I have to admit its a bit scary for children. A few times i've heard parents tell their kids thats its not scary.... their mistake. Anyways, after watching its tough to be a bug, i think this isnt so bad. Hopper scares me :eek:

The ending is actually pretty funny to me. Those poor dwarf dudes are about to be bouldered and then they live happily ever after?

CariBelle
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I went with a co-worker once who was *terrified* of the queen when she turned around and became the old hag. She screamed really loudly. I laughed.

I still cover my eyes when we get to that part!

TowerofTerror
05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
i LOVE THE RIDE hope the refurbishment just make the ride new and new

GORGON
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
LOVE THIS RIDE. yeeeeah.

Spacecadet
05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
My 3.5 yo was so disappointed when I told her this morning that Snow White will be out of action for the whole 5 days we are there in June. She'd been looking forward to it so much - I am not sure why, I certainly hadn't been playing it up.

candles71
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM

LOL- while waiting in line for PP. DD (7) kept watching her opening and closing the drapes. Her conclussion- she closes the drapes when she needs to turn around and scare people as the witch.