PDA

View Full Version : LittleMissMatched coming to the Disneyland Resort

AVP
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
From my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=416):

It looks like fashion retailer LittleMissMatched will open a store in a portion of the space vacated in January by Department 56. A new sign was added to the space this weekend, and a recruiting ad was posted on Craigslist in mid-April (link (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ret/1123884514.html)).

LittleMissMatched started in 2004 by selling mismatched socks in packs of three. The line was represented in Los Angeles by the same sales group that represented some of the Disney brands I carry in my own store, and so I've seen their products in passing, but I wasn't very familiar with their current offering. When I saw the sign in Downtown Disney this morning, my first thought was "how are they going to fill that huge space with socks?!?"

I hadn't realized quite how large the line has become in recent years. Taking a quick spin through their Web site (link (http://www.littlemissmatched.com/)), I see that the company now has everything from baby clothing to a full furniture and bedding line. They still offer the funky mismatched socks - a line that has expanded to include men, women and babies - but have branched out into tourist-friendly flip flops, purses, lanyards, pajamas, slippers, luggage and even stainless steel water bottles. The line is currently offered in select Macy's stores, but very few other Southern California retailers carry the product.

There is no word on how quickly the store will open, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it open by mid-June.

AVP

foolishmortal
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
The DD will love the flip flops. I don't know about the rest as she is one of those have to match kids.
I love the miss match stuff! too cute!

Second Star
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope they are open by June 15th. DD19 is going to love this, she mismatches her socks delibrately to mess with people. :cool:

Bubble1421
05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Yay!! My 3 year old & 7 year old LOVE Little Miss Matched stuff. We first saw it in an FAO Schwartz store. I couldn't drag them away from it. Only problem is laundry time. I tend to forget which socks are supposed to have matches and which aren't. LOL!

Sansarc
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I have to admit, I found the shopping in DTD disappointing. Department 56 offered fun and interesting things, but now that it's gone, there's no other similar shop to replace it. A shop with tchochkes! Tableware, small gifts, etc. I don't understand why the area can't attract a wider variety of shops? The MissMatched store sounds intriguing. I'm just so tired of seeing Sephora and Build-A-Bear everywhere! I wonder if the stores are struggling there?

disneyfn
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Will they carry any Disney related items? It would be the only things I would want to buy from them.

ChurroGirl
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I love all the stuff!! I will have to deffinetly get my Nephew and FDH some stuff!

The mens socks have dinosaurs on them!! So cute

DizneyMommy
05-10-2009, 09:01 AM
See now, me? I'd order 2 of each and match them. :-) But I have a matchy matchy kid too.