PDA

View Full Version : Meisha B - Trip w/ Mom and Mack to WDW and DCL on The Magic - April 21 - May 2, 2009

Pages : 1 [2]

TinaMouse
05-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Whoa. So sorry about the seasickness. Ick.

Shula
06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Meisha, I'm waiting 'til your report is done before I read it but wanted to tell you I still have your fairy godmailer from last May on our refrigerator. I LOVE IT! Thanks again!
Michelle

Silvercat
06-11-2009, 03:36 AM
*silvercatholdingbreathtillsheturnsblue* :D

mom22gls
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Meisha B; We hadn't planned on dinner that night because it was Formal Night, so we didn't have any time constraints on us. [/QUOTE]

If you decide to skip "Formal Night" only because you don't want to pack "dressy" clothes, or don't think you own appropriate clothes, be aware that "Formal" is not like on "The Love Boat." You will not be seeing women in long gowns or really fancy dresses. You probably already have something appropriate in your closet, and it's actually pretty easy for women. We've worn "Target couture" and felt perfectly appropriate. A pair of black slacks and a silk t-shirt and a pair of nicer sandals (a step up from the flip flops you wear on the beach) is all you need. Or a skirt or sundress. I have packed only a few separates, and mixed and matched for several evenings. My kids did formal night in simple dresses and sandals. We saw a number of people who did not dress up at all, and they were not turned away in shorts and t-shirts. This refers to the normal rotation of restaurants, not Palo, which does have a dress code.

Meisha B
06-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry I haven't continued, I really don't want to be someone who doesn't finish a TR. We have moved, had company, busy, busy, busy. I promise to finish as soon as I have time. I need to remember my details...:eek:! I may have to skip the exact details, but you'll still get the point. SORRY:(

Shula
08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Meisha, I'm one of those crazy, anal, OCD people that won't read trip reports until they are finished. I would just forget about it but I can't, you sent me the Fairy Godmailer in '08 so I will forever have an interest in your trips! Just wanted to let you know there is someone out here who hasn't forgotten it was started and would love to hear how it ended!:)

VegasVick
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Just wanted to let you know there is someone out here who hasn't forgotten it was started and would love to hear how it ended!:)

Dear Meisha,
I, too, would like to know how your trip ended :)

Meisha B
09-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I feel HORRIBLE and still have every intention of finishing, it may be a shortened version sadly because my memory is bad....I really do feel HORRIBLE! I am OCD and it would bother me too!

:(

D2000lands
09-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Same here. I like to finish what I started. BTW, I am doing the park/cruise combo this year as well. I am staying at the Boardwalk (concierge level) from Sept. 22-26, and then the Eastern Caribbean cruise from Sept. 26 through October 3rd.

Oh, and I hope we don't have any problems at the airport. I live in Virginia Beach, so will also be going out of the Norfolk Airport.

D2000lands
09-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention I am also flying Southwest.

Meisha B
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm sure everything will be ok...I'd like to think the fish thing was a random one time occurence. I'd still fly SW again in a heartbeat...FREE CHECKED bags!

Have fun! I loved it all and am ready to go back! Please post a trip report when you get back:)

D2000lands
09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I definitely plan to. I may not write too much online during the time of the cruise since it is $0.25 per minute for internet access on there, but may pop in once while at WDW. I will have my laptop with me, so will be making notes on there about the trip to help me write the full report afterwards.

Meisha B
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I think if I would have taken mine, I would have done much better! Do you have any excursions planned?

D2000lands
09-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Not yet. It was suggested to wait until the trip itself, to cover bases if the ship has to divert due to hurricane, etc. There are no refunds on excursions. :(

Meisha B
09-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Really? Even if they are cancelled? The only one we did was the dolphin excursion in Tortola! I think next time we will do the stingrays at Castaway Cay...I have heard ALL GOOD things!

Are you guys on the Tortola itinerary? If so, I highly recommend taking a cab to Cane Garden Bay....it's beautiful!

momof three
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Not yet. It was suggested to wait until the trip itself, to cover bases if the ship has to divert due to hurricane, etc. There are no refunds on excursions. :(

If you book your excursions through Disney and the ship is diverted for any reason you will not be charged for excursions. If you book on your own then this is possible. My last cruise had the port of Cozumel cancled and we were not charged for those excursions. I would book as soon as you can because some of the more popular excursions fill up fast.

Mily

D2000lands
09-09-2009, 04:10 PM
No, we are on the St. Maarten itinerary.