PDA

View Full Version : Lilo and Stitch Move to Adventureland--Effective January 6, 2003

Pages : [1] 2 3

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Effective January 6, 2003, Lilo and Stitch will move to Adventureland and will Meet and Greet guests daily.

Sounds like Lilo and Stitch are returning from the dead (without any delay from their cancellation at DCA) to prepare guests for Stitch Mountain.

gn2dlnd
01-01-2003, 09:22 AM
I'd be more worried that they're preparing guests for "The Enchanted Stitch Room." :( eep!

ldsguy
01-01-2003, 03:29 PM
First off Space Mountain will NOT be rethemed to Stitch Mountain, this has been confirmed time and time again now. So, let's give this one a rest, shall we? I am really curious as to where this rumor got started though, esp. since it's been confirmed that it's never even been considered, much for the reasons that Al stated in his article, still don't know where he got the idea that they were doing this from.

As for why thier going to andventureland, maybe, since Aladdin has opened in the Hyperion, thier going to change Aladdin's Oasis into Lilo and Stitch's Oasis? ;-) LOL

rexfarms
01-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey as long as they dont touch Tiki I am fine. Well at least dont make it L&S, fine by me if they clean it up a little bit. :)

HBTiggerFan
01-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ldsguy
First off Space Mountain will NOT be rethemed to Stitch Mountain, this has been confirmed time and time again now. So, let's give this one a rest, shall we? I am really curious as to where this rumor got started though, esp. since it's been confirmed that it's never even been considered, much for the reasons that Al stated in his article, still don't know where he got the idea that they were doing this from.

Can you link or site your sources that this idea never existed? And where you are finding out that it is confirmed time and time again that it is not happening? If it was never supposed to happen how can it be confirmed time and time again that it is not happening :confused:

Thanks!

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, how about Leads in the area, people that work on maintence, an imagineer, city hall, guest relations at DCA, other people in park management that I have had ocassion to speak with. They all have said the same thing when asked about it, pretty close to the same wording too.....That Stitch Mountain would not be a good idea, basicxally citing the reasons that Al states it would be a bad idea and the they have no idea where this rumor got started and that the idea was never even considered.

Does that sum up where I get my information well enough for you? If it were only one source, I would simply take it as they hadn't heard yet, but when everyone is saying the same thing, even to the point of using similar wording, then I tend to believe that they know what they are talking about, my guess would be that Disney has actualyl put something out clearing this up for the CMs, but I don't know for sure, just guessing due to the similar wording from everyone.

no1here
01-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
I'd be more worried that they're preparing guests for "The Enchanted Stitch Room." :( eep!

Stitch's Jungle Cruise Adventure is more likely...

gn2dlnd
01-02-2003, 11:49 AM
From Miceage:

... TDA has agreed to foot the bill for a few new "show" elements inside the redone attraction. WDI has come up with several proposals, and so far the ones that include Stitch are the most popular with the TDA and marketing execs.

Idsguy,
Aside from talking to cast members, who, by the way, are notorious for being uninformed, do you do any sort of research before you start typing? Do you even read the columns or threads you respond to? Your posts are condescending and argumentative.
This thread began with a tongue-in-cheek reference to what most of us seem to agree is a bad idea. Al, the very same Al to whom you refer, talks about the fact that TDA likes the merchandising opportunities "Stitch Mountain" would provide. I'd say you missed both of these details.
Now, wouldn't it be nice if this thread could get back to a light-hearted discussion about what those crazy kids behind the berm have up their sleeves next? Unfortunately, I think it's been know-it-alled right into the ground.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-02-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm inclined to think the Aladdin Storytale (is that redundant or what) Adventures, formerly the Aladdin dinner theatre, would be the best place to put a permanent L&S attraction: after all, it's the site of the former Tahitian Terrace: http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 04:27 PM
same Al to whom you refer, talks about the fact that TDA likes the merchandising opportunities "Stitch Mountain" would provide. I'
I did make a comment about the tounge in check comment, my point was in response to the obvious dissinformation that Al has put out, as he usually does. Sorry, but check reality here.....Al is an idiot......but, like I said, if it were just CMs, then I wouldn't have thought much about it, but when an imagineer confirmed this, when asked, I would tend to bet he knows what he's talking about....it was further confirmed by another reliable cast member, who has yet to misinform me about anything.

cemeinke
01-02-2003, 06:20 PM
My unnamed unverified sources can beat up your unnamed unverified sources. :rolleyes:

Everything is rumour until it shows up on a Disney press release - and even then it might not be true.

Kuzcotopia
01-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Can you link or site your sources that this idea never existed?

It's pretty hard to prove that something isn't happening. Isn't it the burden of the person making the original claim to show that it is?

"Aliens just landed in my backyard.

Can you prove it DIDN'T happen?"

Al doesn't cite his sources, that's why it's a rumor site.

LDS guy, while being confrontational a tad, cites sources he trusts. His rumor holds equal weight for me with Al's.

Now sure, all that had to happen is for one guy to say "What about Stitch?" in one meeting, and Al's story is as true as he reported. Does that mean that the ride is a go? No.

It takes more than that to get a ride at Disneyland, and without any follow-up, this is just one of the thousands of ideas that probably happen in meetings that we never hear about.

Until the ride is a go, for me it isn't happening.

HBTiggerFan
01-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Kuzcotopia
It's pretty hard to prove that something isn't happening. Isn't it the burden of the person making the original claim to show that it is?

"Aliens just landed in my backyard.

Can you prove it DIDN'T happen?"

What I ment was site the sources who he (ldsguy) is saying said:
First off Space Mountain will NOT be rethemed to Stitch Mountain, this has been confirmed time and time again now..

Who is saying this? Who keeps confirming time and time again that Stitch Mountain is not happening? Al said it is, Al shares rumors, Al IMHO does not state that stitch mountian is a fact. I have a name to that rumor.

Who keeps confirming time and time again that stitch mountain is not happening?

That is what I trying to ask.

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Ok, well, sue me, I am not the type of person that drops names, whcih is why I have been relucant about even posting that it isn't going to happen, but the rumor has been around since Thanksgiving, at least to some degree, since when i was at the Hyperion on Thanksgiving day for one of the previews, Tony Baxter was there and one of the things he was saying was that some people had this idea that pace Mountain was going to be turned into Stitch Mountain, he was talking to someone else and telling them that this idea had never even beenconsidered and that he didn't know where the rumor got started. (No I don't know the entire conversation, this is me evesdropping, due to being put in the wrong place by the Hyperion cast, I was going up to the Mezanine and they sent me up with the VIPs, instead of with the others that had Special Assistance Passes, but then again, I was the only one that show that had a Special Assistance Pass that wanted to go up to the Mezzanine (SP?).)

Well, like I said, I am not usually one for naming names, esp. when they are the more high profile ones.....but this should once and for all settle that the source is unnamed. There was so much talked about when I was there, as he came in shortly after I did, which was when the doors to the que opened, he indeed waited like the rest of us, we just got to go in first, so we had a good 40 minutes.

gn2dlnd
01-02-2003, 08:27 PM
.....Al is an idiot.......

That's nice. I would say something about a pot and a kettle, but I don't want to insult Al.

Idsguy,
I'd like to make this easy for you. This is the original thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12533) regarding "Stitch Mountain." It does not state that this idea is going to happen. It asks if Mouseplanet readers think it should happen. Al's column on Miceage does not state that it is going to happen. You seem to be responding to rumors you've started all by yourself. If that isn't an example of "disinformation," I don't know what is.

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Really, well it certainly reads that way, although, I didn't read that on this message board, it was on another that it read that way, I didn't pay much attention to the first post on the thread here, as I already read a similar one elsewhere, can't say I remember which one though, sorry, it was either Laughingplace or Mouseinfo.....but I have never agreed with Al, with very few exceptions, esp. his negative posts, yes I am a strange one that actually liked Light Magic as an example, and Al does seem to have his opinions rub off on others for some reason, so I basically ignore him for the most part, but he has also put out a lot of false information in the past, and no at the moment I can not remember exactly what, but this thread is getting way off topic, so let's bring it back as to why are they putting Lilo and Stitch into Adventureland of all places? I mean I could indeed understand Tommorowland or Fantasyland, but Adventureland? Maybe, because it takes place in Hawaii? I still say that they could tear out Aladdin's Oasis and put a show for him in there, maybe even bring it back to a sit down dining establishment, which the parkes desperately lack enough of true sit down restraunts.

cemeinke
01-02-2003, 09:20 PM
I still say that they could tear out Aladdin's Oasis and put a show for him in there, maybe even bring it back to a sit down dining establishment, which the parkes desperately lack enough of true sit down restraunts.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I certainly miss the Tahitian Terrace, but I also really enjoy the current Aladin & Jasmine show. Certainly the best Character show in either park and I really hate to see that go.

But Stitch in Adventureland, why not? Just don't make him hawk pizza there. I'm sure he'll fit in with the other characters that crowd the entrance.

RStar
01-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, getting back to the topic at hand, I think Lilo & Stitch fit better there than DCA. Face it, DCA is California. As sad as the theme restriction is, how can an alien and a Hawiian family be about CA? It's an adventure movie and belongs in Adventureland. I hope they don't kick out Aladdin, but it would be kind of cool to have Lilo's Tahitian Terrace, a blend of the old and the new.

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Why not take out Alddin's Oasis? Now that we have the far, far superior Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, ok, that's a major understatement, but you get the point, at DCA, it's a bit redundant now. So, let's get a real sit down restraun back in Adventureland, again, since it's set in Hawaii it works and we can once and for all be done with having Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytelling adventure there, thus eliminating the problems that were posted on another thread about the vouchers for that location, which are only good during two different shows on Saturdays. See, it would solve two problems.

cemeinke
01-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Why not take out Alddin's Oasis? Now that we have the far, far superior Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, ok, that's a major understatement, but you get the point, at DCA, it's a bit redundant now.

That may be so (Haven't seen it yet so no comment there) but it's not a Character show. Aladdin & Jasmin don't stick around after the performance and sign autographs for the kids - they're just actors doing a show. That's appropriate for DCA, but over in Disneyland, it really is Aladdin & Jasmine and they'll even stick around and chat with you about life in Agrabah.

Techie7
01-03-2003, 01:05 PM
I feel the Aladin show at DL is better overall then the show at DCA at this point. I will gladly reevalute once the show officially opens and I see it again.

As for the Lilo and Stitch meet and greet. Sounds like a good thing for Disneyland! (They will have gone through 198 performances at DCA by the time the show closes)

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Please tell me you are joking......the DL show better than the DCA one? ROFLOL.......Everyone has to admit this much, at least in the DCA one the performers actually sing and that is a key element to any show in the park, in my opinion.

cemeinke
01-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Everyone has to admit this much, at least in the DCA one the performers actually sing and that is a key element to any show in the park, in my opinion.

Again - I haven't seen the DCA version, but the DL Jasmine is hot - and what I can tell from the photos from the DCA show, there's not nearly as much bare-midrift going on.

Consequently, I think more Dads would like the DL show - and that's what it's really all about, something the whole family can enjoy. ;)

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Take it from this guy, who agrees with you that Jasmine is hot, this applies to both the DL and DCA show, there is by far more bare midriff going in the DCA show, the costume is a bit skimpier, the onyl time she is covered is at the begining during the "One Jump" sequence thing where we first meet her, the rest of the time that she is on stage, she has the bare midriff (I would say about 25 minutes or so of her on stage with bare midriff and unlike the DL show, cold weather doesn't have her putting on one of those skin colored body suit things under it, not that I've noticed at all or anything ;-)

cemeinke
01-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes, but can you get your picture with her after the show?