PDA

View Full Version : Magical Fireworks (Why Recycled Music?)[SPOILER ALERT]

Mickey
04-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Just like Remember Dreams Come True had it's intro and finale from "Wishes" in Magic Kingdom ,Disney's new fireworks spectacular also has the same music from Tokyo Disneyland's 10th anniversary. Don't you think Disneyland Park deserves it's own musical production for there fireworks? I mean come on! the music they are using for the finale is from 1993!!! What do you think? :confused:

ryanvalle
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Just like Remember Dreams Come True had it's intro and finale from "Wishes" in Magic Kingdom ,Disney's new fireworks spectacular also has the same music from Tokyo Disneyland's 10th anniversary. Don't you think Disneyland Park deserves it's own musical production for there fireworks? I mean come on! the music they are using for the finale is from 1993!!! What do you think? :confused:

What I am thinking of is how do you know they're using recycled music? As far as I know, they havent done a public release of the song they will be playing...

unless I missed something.

Malcon10t
04-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I mean come on! the music they are using for the finale is from 1993!!! What do you think? :confused:Please put things like this in spoilers so those of us who don't want to know don't read it. It may be fun to have inside info, but many of us like to find out when we see it.

Thanks!

Sansarc
04-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, how did you know?!! I had no idea they recycled the music. I wouldn't remember the music from 1993, though, anyway. Does it matter if they recycle the music? I see your point, though, plus Disney Studios is here in Southern California -- you're right. Why can't they record music just for us?! We were the first park! Now I'm getting all riled up . . .!

MammaSilva
04-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Actually according to the web, Eden Espinosa will be doing the vocals on the new fireworks show music...so I don't know how that could possibly be recycled.

AVP
04-28-2009, 09:11 PM
We have a GREAT batch of videos on You Tube right now that give you a preview of the new show. (CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MousePlanetVideo&view=videos&sort=v)) The fireworks presentation had to be cut into two parts, and seeing Steven Davison "perform" the show is a real treat. Tony did a wonderful job of putting those together, so enjoy!

AVP

houseofmouse
04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks AVP! I am enjoying watching it right now. :)

Recycled music does not bother me. I have never been to TDL anyway and would have never known. I also would have not remembered if they had used it at Disneyland ever in the past. As I get older, well the memory is really going. What was I doing again?? :p

Mickey
04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
There is no doubt the show will be incredible!.Too bad Snow White is not included in the soundtrack :( And it's wierd because on the video 1 of 2 of Steven on min. 1.48 it does show a Snow White Picture on the Magical projection, anyone noticed it? Probably she will be included on the final mix?

Another Dimension
04-28-2009, 11:58 PM
The mix in the Steven Davison vids is not the final recording, or the final mix.

recycled music

Some people, sometimes, see it as a wonderful tribute, or a little nod, or possibly just a little further remembrance..., and some people, at times, also see it as something very special.. being shared with even millions and millions of more people than it has been ever before... or that anyone ever thought it would be.

The 'Wishes segments' in Remember... are hardly exact copies from Wishes at the MK and the 'Remember the Magic' segments in Believe in Holiday Magic are hardly exact copies of music from the WDW 25th song.
Which I personally have never been a fan of.

The fact is... and for probably millions and millions of people, the 'Wishes segments' in Remember... and the 'Remember the Magic' segments in Believe in Holiday Magic are actually, now... especially after so many years, viewed and cherished as classic Disneyland music... that possibly ranks up there with anything ever heard from '55 on, at any time at Disneyland U.S.A.

With Steven Davison obviously being a creative genius (and him working at the best possible entertainment company for his wonderful talent)...
I'd bet Steven absolutely loves Disney music. And not just full songs/pieces of music from the Dis movies, theme park shows, parades, attractions, lands, etc...
I have the feeling he really, really loves many, many, many of the underlying little bits and pieces, melodies of songs, tempos, and even more, too.
Music, melodies, beats, rhythms, lyrics, special little tidbits, everything.
Music that really paints pictures in his mind.

If a piece of music or even a piece of a piece of music strikes Steven as special, magical, wonderful and inspiring... He makes a mental note of it and then lets his imagination expand on it for a while.
Long before he grabs a pencil and sketches some blue sky concepts.

I also really doubt if he honestly cares where that piece or bits and pieces of music came from, how often it's been used, where it's been used, what parks it's been used in ...or... even what many of the relatively few 'gimme! gimme! gimme! NEW! NEW! NEW! every time, with every single song, in every single land, in every single show, in every single Disney park' fans think...

...when tens of millions of people are cheering loudly, (sometimes while simultaneously wiping away tears of sheer amazement and joy) after his now legendary Disney shows...
Year in and year out.

I look at the big picture this way...
As a DL fan, this (AP) year Disneyland is shooting off possibly 4-6 different Steven Davison-created fireworks shows
:D

The unfortunate end of Remember..., brand-new Magical this summer, the legendary Believe in Holiday Magic at Christmas time, the 4th of July show, the NYE show, and ....whatever :eek: DL @ 55(!) brings.

How can I, as a fireworks fan and Disneyland fan, really expect to do anything except pick my jaw up off of Main Street again and again, and again and again?

I've seen so many Disneyland Guests since 2005 watch Remember... their first time... with their jaw, wide-open. Sometimes for the entire show.
:eek:

That's good stuff!!!

:D

olegc
04-29-2009, 07:20 AM
I have seen Remember tens of times (more?) and my jaw does not drop that far but I still get goosebumps. Funny - but it's the feeling I get when something that Disney creates in the park gets me emotionally - which is exactly what the intent is: to create a memory that you go back to again and again that is special. Fireworks does it for me - especially when they have incorporated music synched with the fireworks.

As I said in another post.. and it fits here too.
"Innovation comes from adding and tweaking to what's there, changing names and focal points, but using what works and dropping what doesn't. I for one look forward to seeing the changes to freshen up the offerings. It will bring great additions and reasons to go to the park.

Steve Davidson needed a respirator, though. He was definitely out of breath. "

mrsdisney68
04-29-2009, 07:45 AM
All I can say is WOW x 10!! I cannot wait to the new shows:D

avalosn
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, honestly, I'm okay with whatever because I'm just excited for a new show! Can't wait!

cookie7762
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Just wached the you tube video... I can not wait! I have goosebumps already. I just got word my fiance is gonna be posted in Huntington Beach for a police academy and I've been toying with the idea of an AP since I will be visiting every other week. I will now for sure be getting one just so I can pop in for some fireworks anytime I want! I wasn't sure that anything could pass up "Remember...", but I think this just might.

Mickeygirlforever
05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm really going to miss "Remember". It's THE best fireworks show Disney has done, IMHO. So, I'm sad to see it leaving...I have high expectations for Magical though. I'm super excited for Dumbo...I think it all sounds fantastic!!! Disney knows what they're doing....

cynthia312
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
"Remember...." is a tough act to follow but I'm going to be open minded about it.

But then again...that's what I thought with "Celebrate! A Street Party!" That parade is just.....a waste. It's like Block Party bash part 2. Definitely doesn't come CLOSE to POD.

cstephens
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
"Remember...." is a tough act to follow but I'm going to be open minded about it.

But "Believe" was a tough act to follow, and "Remember" did that and then some.

ryanvalle
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
no need to miss Remember.

magical is a summer engagement only, i believe until august 23, and after that...

remember returns.

well that's the plan for now. im guessing that its possible for the show to stay if audience reaction to it is good.

olegc
05-06-2009, 07:55 AM
well that's the plan for now. im guessing that its possible for the show to stay if audience reaction to it is good.

or if the budgets are still hit hard... the fact that Magical does not require as much closure of the park in and around the castle as Remember did may let the Ops folks, who have some weight not, to make their case to keep Magical through the fall into the Holiday season.