PDA

View Full Version : I need Fantasmic help! please [viewing from wheelchair/ECV]

Pages : [1] 2

teafour2
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I have never been ab le to see this show with out being so far back and looking over peoples heads. now me in a chair I can no longer look over said heads and I really want to see this show once and for all with out squinting, fighting over hats that are in my view,and having to stand so far away I just can not see the show. I would like to ask if you all have pictures of an erea where I can park with my chair and wait until fantasmic starts. I do not want to be in folks way when they walk, and bother any one, I just want to finally after many years see the show. i am going down in August, qnd am determined to be able to have a nice close seat this time. does any one have pictures of where may be a very good viewing? my eyes are not good, and I can not see as good at night now, so I just want to see this once and for all in case its not possible for me to see in the future.
thank you :)

MammaSilva
04-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Seriously, my advice is to save and budget and purchase premium seating then be one of the very first if not the first to check in at the podium. The HCA areas are off to the side of the center stage and the view isn't great. The reserved seating isn't cheap but it's very worth it for someone who needs front row unobstructed views.

LuvPluto
04-28-2009, 07:46 AM
I second MammaSilva's advise. The preferred seating is expensive but worth it!

3Princesses1Prince
04-28-2009, 08:08 AM
How much is premium seating???

Malcon10t
04-28-2009, 08:14 AM
How much is premium seating???
$59 for adults, $49 for children under 10. Its a must do for us!

bennette
04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Preferred seating is the difference between do or don't for me. I have a bad back and cannot sit and wait that long. We hadn't been for seven years until I learned preferred seating was available.

I second the advice to be the first to check in. Even in the seats, you could be in the second row, behind someone taller.

They are pretty good about working out the best available seat for you at check in,

3Princesses1Prince
04-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I didn't know it even existed. :cool:

LuvPluto
04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Preferred seating also comes with a lovely dessert box and beverages served by a CM:)

mrsdisney68
04-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Do they have prefered seating just for the fireworks. If not can you still stay seated in the prefered Fantasmic seating for the fireworks?

Malcon10t
04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
If you are at the show prior to the fireworks, you can stay there for fireworks.

teafour2
04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I would rather not pay those prices thanks:) can I park my scooter here and sit and wait for fantasmic?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hakunamakarla/IMG_1072-2.jpg

Malcon10t
04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I would rather not pay those prices thanks:) can I park my scooter here and sit and wait for fantasmic?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hakunamakarla/IMG_1072-2.jpgOnly if you want to pay the $59, as that is the premium seating area.

To clarify, where you have the red mark is the premium seating area. The area where the pic is taken is the VIP seating area.

You can however, park down where the woman in black is walking and watch from there. Depending on when you are planning on going, that area starts filling up about 630-7pm.

mrsdisney68
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
To clarify, where you have the red mark is the premium seating area. The area where the pic is taken is the VIP seating area.

Who is usually sitting in the VIP area??

Malcon10t
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Who is usually sitting in the VIP area??Its not as "glamorous" as it sounds. That particular "VIP" area is usually for those who are on VIP tours or for guests that have had a problem during the day and Guest Services appeases them with seating for Fantasmic!. The area is really just steps that are roped off and you get to sit on the steps. The TRUE VIP area (the area you might find a celeb) is to the right of the spot where the red mark is on the pic. Looking at the pic, the pillar that is cut off is the furthest of the premium seating. There will be a rope there. To the right of the rope will be the area where the Fantasmic! sound crew is, the Fire Marshal, and in front of them, they may put 6-10 seats if there is someone famous wanting to see the show. As an example, when we were there New Years Eve, we were in the first row at that pillar, and on the other side of the rope was the Osmond family.

Sparkling
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
The handicapped section is in the far right, where the Mark Twain is parked. It is great, be there early so that you and your friends/family can get in. :)

Escape2Disney
04-29-2009, 09:11 PM
We are in the handicap area each time we go, and the view is pretty good.

Drince88
04-30-2009, 07:19 AM
If you are going to camp out early, and aren't EXACTLY sure it's a valid place - check with a CM in the area. Some areas they keep clear for exit purposes, and you do NOT want to wait until they start clearing those areas to find out you did not 'choose wisely'. Usually by camp-out time there are enough CMs around that you can ask one, even if there aren't quite as many as there will be later.

teafour2
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
The handicapped section is in the far right, where the Mark Twain is parked. It is great, be there early so that you and your friends/family can get in. :) right here where the mark twain os or in the other picture where Mark twain is way off to the side? I have been told this is a bad view.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv267/COannie/viewfromNOS-sml.jpg

teafour2
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
If you are going to camp out early, and aren't EXACTLY sure it's a valid place - check with a CM in the area. Some areas they keep clear for exit purposes, and you do NOT want to wait until they start clearing those areas to find out you did not 'choose wisely'. Usually by camp-out time there are enough CMs around that you can ask one, even if there aren't quite as many as there will be later.
Thank you, you and the people here have given me some great advice :)

stan4d_steph
05-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I believe you can only view from an ECV in the designated handicap-accessible area. The area down closest to the water with a direct view of the stage is a seated area, so if you are in an ECV you will block the view of others who are seated on the pavement.

Malcon10t
05-01-2009, 07:31 AM
I believe you can only view from an ECV in the designated handicap-accessible area. The area down closest to the water with a direct view of the stage is a seated area, so if you are in an ECV you will block the view of others who are seated on the pavement.Actually, they will allow you to stay. But, they will suggest moving down to the HA area. When I have done it, instead of sitting up against the rail, I figure out where the rope will be, and we stage ourselves there so we don't block people.

anniedg
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I definitely could be wrong, but as I remembered it everybody stood up during the show, some with kiddos on shoulders, has this changed? Just thinking if everyone is standing there'd be no reason to ban an ECV in that area.

Malcon10t
05-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I definitely could be wrong, but as I remembered it everybody stood up during the show, some with kiddos on shoulders, has this changed? Just thinking if everyone is standing there'd be no reason to ban an ECV in that area.There is a roped area down by the front that is "seated". They require everyone to be seated there. The second "layer" is standing areas.

anniedg
05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Ah, thanks for the clarification Malcon10t! It's been years since we took the time to stake out a front row seat. Last year we used the pole trick with great success. :)

Crazy4DL
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Actually, they will allow you to stay. But, they will suggest moving down to the HA area. When I have done it, instead of sitting up against the rail, I figure out where the rope will be, and we stage ourselves there so we don't block people.

That is exactly what we did and the view was great because everyone in front of us was sitting down on the cobblestones and yet we weren't blocking anyone with the scooter because we were backed up to the rope in that front section.

We did have to stake out our spot a few hours ahead of time but the scooter gives you a seat so waiting wasn't too bad.