PDA

View Full Version : Can you get

Kimi_Coconuts
12-31-2002, 01:03 PM
a SO CAL annual passport and not live in SO CAL?

I was reading on another thread and it sounded like yes. I doubt the answer is yes, but I wish it were, they are so darn cheap.

Sonya in Boise
12-31-2002, 01:13 PM
The answer is YES. Even though the wording for the pass is only for So. Cal residents, they have not been enforcing the rule regarding the AP for quite some time. My dad and step mom will be getting one in Jan for their trip, because the dates work for them and it's cheaper than the 3 day park hopper.

Watch the black out dates, there are a bunch of them, but if the SoCal AP works for you, you can buy it.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-31-2002, 01:19 PM
No you have to live with-in a zip code range in Southern California to qualify according to the disclosure that comes with the pass.

Interestingly enough - for this Christmas I bought 6 So Cal passes for my family - gave the CM each name of my family member and the process took about 20 minutes. During this time she didn't ask if I or any of my family lived here or for any ID or mention any restrictions on block out dates and having to live in So Cal or anything of that nature. Also she was out of disclosures with the blockout dates and verbage that I mentioned above.

I can't tell you to give it a try - and it's your conscious - but in my case the 'so cal' issue was never brought up. I've even heard 'oh my ID is in my car' and the passes are still sold.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-31-2002, 01:24 PM
Haha you beat me to it - *Swords clash* " Yes you do!! "

"No you fool - no one asks everyone does it"

"But But But"

Ok - officially the answer is no. Can we agree on that? What Disney chooses to enforce on any given day, month, etc. is up to them.

I'm wondering if you walked up to a window and said "Hi I live in New York and I'm here on vacation - I don't live here and I would like to purchase a So Cal pass".......... if they would let you.

I think they wouldn't.

MonorailMan
12-31-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo

Ok - officially the answer is no. Can we agree on that? What Disney chooses to enforce on any given day, month, etc. is up to them.

Hence, "Subject to change without notice." ;)

HBTiggerFan
12-31-2002, 02:51 PM
actually when asking about a socal pass for my friend in Washington DC the answer is (paraphrased) "you can get one no matter where you live, the reason it is called a So Cal pass is because of the amount of blockout dates. Most people who would come back around those dates are locals".

So while it may be their "official" policy to have it restricted between zip codes, they aren't inforcing it.

And personally I see nothing unethical about purchasing a So Cal AP if you don't live in So Cal if it fits your dates and will save you money. It is not like you are saying a 5 y/o kid is 3, or trying to buy a kids ticket for a 15 y/o.

Techie7
12-31-2002, 02:54 PM
I called in to guest relations and they said you do NOT need to live in Southern California to qualify for the SoCal Annual Pass. It is targeted primarily at SoCal residents because of the blockout dates it has. Your best bet it to contact Guest Relations and confirm with them before your trip. As has been stated before in other threads many people who do not live in SoCal have a SoCal pass and have cleared this with Guest Relations and with Guest Services.

tabacco
12-31-2002, 03:51 PM
I can vouch for the fact that it's not an enforced requirement. My trainer told me it didn't matter way back when, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't being enforced well before that :)

Nancy
12-31-2002, 04:18 PM
My family has them and we live in No. Cal. Where you live is not an issue.:)