PDA

View Full Version : Up pre-parade?

srap
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I was just checking the DR calendar for our trip May 12-17 and saw there is an "Up Pre-parade" before the Pixar parade on some of the dates. Has anyone seen this? I gather it is about the new Pixar movie Up?

Malcon10t
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
My guess would be it is something like the Enchanted pre parade thingie.

srap
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
My guess would be it is something like the Enchanted pre parade thingie.
What was that?

Malcon10t
04-25-2009, 06:44 PM
They recently had Bolt as a pre parade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI2rZ3hC2o4). It was about 1 minute long. Here is the Enchanted Pre parade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8I8D0r3CtU).

LauraTD
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I saw about 30 minutes of previews at an Up panel at Wondercon. It would lend itself well to a mini parade. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole movie.

MouseVII
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Never heard of a pre-parade, so hopefully I get to see my first one next month.
The question that comes to my mind is what would it look like? I imagine something with lots of balloons. And maybe a boy scout.:D

Malcon10t
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Basically, Bolt was a "float", with flag people walking around the float. The "pre parade" lasted all of maybe 30 seconds.

Enchanted was maybe 45 seconds. It was a horse drawn carriage with Giselle, followed by an official "cleaner" with a shovel in case the horse did anything... They traveled Main St waving.

Look at the videos, they aren't long.

HobbitFeet
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
I saw about 30 minutes of previews at an Up panel at Wondercon. It would lend itself well to a mini parade. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole movie.

Gracious, are they leaving *any* parts of the movie un-previewed? There are about 11 clips released by Pixar on Facebook so far; I won't even watch 'em since the 4th or 5th. I'd like something to be a surprise! (I love Pixar with a passion, but I don't agree with what they're doing with Up)

Enchanted was maybe 45 seconds. It was a horse drawn carriage with Giselle, followed by an official "cleaner" with a shovel in case the horse did anything...

I loved that. The cleaner was hilarious. The ones we saw were female, and she would open the decorated cart she pulled, wave her hand at her face like it smelled lovely, and I think she pulled a rose out of it, too. I barely even looked at Giselle (still trying to figure out why she wore her wedding dress when the whole point of the movie was that she does NOT become a princess or marry in that dress)! :p

BunnyCups
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
There was also a pre-parade for the Prince Caspian Narnia film that came out a while back. It just had Prince Caspian and some knights riding horseback alongside him with some people carrying banners.

MouseVII
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Gracious, are they leaving *any* parts of the movie un-previewed? There are about 11 clips released by Pixar on Facebook so far; I won't even watch 'em since the 4th or 5th. I'd like something to be a surprise! (I love Pixar with a passion, but I don't agree with what they're doing with Up)I thought Pixar made special scenes just for previews so they won't give anything about the movie away? At least that's what they did with their previous movies, and I think I remember hearing John Lasseter say something about that.

pixar
04-27-2009, 08:47 AM
I thought Pixar made special scenes just for previews so they won't give anything about the movie away? At least that's what they did with their previous movies, and I think I remember hearing John Lasseter say something about that.

I can tell you that those clips do not give away anything about the movie. :)

LauraTD
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Gracious, are they leaving *any* parts of the movie un-previewed? There are about 11 clips released by Pixar on Facebook so far; I won't even watch 'em since the 4th or 5th. I'd like something to be a surprise! (I love Pixar with a passion, but I don't agree with what they're doing with Up)

Well all of us there in that room were there to see the panel and preview so it was all "safe sane and consensual previewing". The clips we saw were from the first part of the movie so there is still enough mystery left. We all have our levels of how much we want to know ahead of time. Me- I don't want to know the ending or surprise plot twists, but I don' t mind seeing some of the early plot to whet my appetite. I have friends who like to know as much as possible about shows, especially surprise plot twists, which as long as they don't spoil it for me, I have no problem with. It's not like Pixar is forcing people to watch the clips, so I'm assuming the people watching them *want* to see them.

MouseVII
04-29-2009, 06:56 AM
I can tell you that those clips do not give away anything about the movie. :)
That's good to hear. I like that Pixar does it that way. Thanks for letting me know.

Another Dimension
05-08-2009, 02:41 AM
I read on another board that the "Up" pre-parade is scheduled to start today (5/8) in DCA.

:)

MouseVII
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I read on another board that the "Up" pre-parade is scheduled to start today (5/8) in DCA.

:)So that would mean its before the start of the Pixar Play Parade, correct? It would actually fit in quite nicely, seeing as how its a Pixar movie and all.

Another Dimension
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Correct...

The Up pre-parade precedes the Pixar Play Parade. :)

Darkbeer
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
One Float with three Characters...

The "Old Man", the "Boy Scout" and the Dog on the back of the float. (The Dog is the one with the special collar that allows him to talk).

Nice, but nothing fancy.

Got some photos of the float on Sunday (May 10th), check the link below.

LuvPluto
05-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, one float with the three characters. My DS is excited to see the movie!