PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland "Summer Nightastic!" June 12 - August 23

Pages : [1] 2

alabama princesses
04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Hot off the presses...
http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=407

24 April 2009
Lighting Up The Night With New Shows And A New Glow! Disneyland Resort Celebrates Summer Nightastic!

ANAHEIM, Calif., April 24 – Disneyland Resort will glow like never before this summer as it debuts an all-new fireworks show, Magical, along with sensational new characters and effects that will brighten the Summer Nightastic! lineup of after-dark entertainment.

WHAT: Guests can see Disneyland Resort in a whole new light as Summer Nightastic! brings nighttime shows and parades to life – bigger, better and brighter. A huge new dragon and other special effects will highlight Fantasmic! Explosive surprises will illuminate the night sky in the all-new fireworks spectacular, Magical. Guests can rock the night away at a new dance club in Tomorrowland. Sparkling new magic comes to “Disney’s Electrical Parade,” as well as to Pixie Hollow, the enchanting home Tinker Bell inhabits with her fairy friends.

WHEN: Nightly, beginning Friday, June 12, and continuing through Sunday, August 23, at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks. All shows and immersive experiences are free with park admission.

A BOLDER FANTASMIC!: Guests will find new thrills at the popular Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America in Frontierland. The evil Maleficent from “Sleeping Beauty” transforms into a 40-foot tall, fire-breathing dragon. Ursula the Sea Witch from “The Little Mermaid” introduces her pet eels, Flotsam and Jetsam, who slither into the show with new power. In addition, the Fantasmic! video projections practically leap off the giant mist screens, thanks to HD (high-definition) technology … (in this case, HD takes on a new meaning - Huge Dragon).

AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY: Magical is a new Disney fireworks spectacular created especially to celebrate Summer Nightastic! at Disneyland. Tinker Bell is once again your host, waving her wand to ignite the brilliant color, stunning special effects and charming music. But she won’t be alone in the sky this summer. Dumbo will make his surprise airborne debut in the new show. Tink’s sparkling touch awakens a fantastic array of Disney’s most magical characters, from Pinocchio to Mary Poppins to Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother, and the Three Good Fairies from “Sleeping Beauty.”

NEW FLOATS BRING NEW MAGIC TO ‘DISNEY’S ELECTRICAL PARADE’: Everything about “Disney’s Electrical Parade” will have a new glow as Tinker Bell leads the way, waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new opening parade float. The parade’s beloved music and floats will feature electrifying audio and lighting technologies, with sparkling pixie dust added to all the parade floats. Snow White and Pinocchio return to the parade this summer as well, after several years’ absence, riding bright new versions of their classic floats.

AN EXCITING NEW DANCE CLUB ‘IGNITES THE NIGHT’ IN TOMORROWLAND: Tweens, teens and families will be drawn to the TLT Dance Club at Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland. Dazzling décor will include an illuminated DJ console where the TLT Dance Club DJ will spin the hottest dance tunes, guaranteed to keep Tomorrowland rockin’ all night. Live bands and the hottest Southern California radio stations will appear on select nights throughout the summer.

PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT: Tinker Bell and her friends have been welcoming guests into their Pixie Hollow home, tucked into the glen near the entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, since fall of 2008. This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, pop jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow.

More information about Summer Nightastic! can be found at www.disneyland.com/summer.

# # #

For media information, contact Disneyland Public Relations at 714-781-4500 or go to www.disneylandnews.com

Sansarc
04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow. It all sounds so beautiful.

mrsdisney68
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
The 12th is our last day/night in the park!! I really hope it all goes as planned and we get a chance to see it. Sounds so cool.

DizneyMommy
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
That explains the walls around Tinkerbell's pond

disneylandgirl
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Thought this was interesting, they posted it on Myspace. I want to see Mary Poppins in the fireworks show... :p

Date: Apr 24, 2009 4:51 PM
Subject: Lighting Up The Night With New Shows And A New Glow!

Body:

ANAHEIM, Calif., April 24 – Disneyland Resort will glow like never before this summer as it debuts an all-new fireworks show, Magical, along with sensational new characters and effects that will brighten the Summer Nightastic! lineup of after-dark entertainment.

WHAT: Guests can see Disneyland Resort in a whole new light as Summer Nightastic! brings nighttime shows and parades to life – bigger, better and brighter. A huge new dragon and other special effects will highlight Fantasmic! Explosive surprises will illuminate the night sky in the all-new fireworks spectacular, Magical. Guests can rock the night away at a new dance club in Tomorrowland. Sparkling new magic comes to “Disney’s Electrical Parade,” as well as to Pixie Hollow, the enchanting home Tinker Bell inhabits with her fairy friends.

WHEN: Nightly, beginning Friday, June 12, and continuing through Sunday, August 23, at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks. All shows and immersive experiences are free with park admission.

A BOLDER FANTASMIC!: Guests will find new thrills at the popular Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America in Frontierland. The evil Maleficent from “Sleeping Beauty” transforms into a 40-foot tall, fire-breathing dragon. Ursula the Sea Witch from “The Little Mermaid” introduces her pet eels, Flotsam and Jetsam, who slither into the show with new power. In addition, the Fantasmic! video projections practically leap off the giant mist screens, thanks to HD (high-definition) technology … (in this case, HD takes on a new meaning - Huge Dragon).

AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY: Magical is a new Disney fireworks spectacular created especially to celebrate Summer Nightastic! at Disneyland. Tinker Bell is once again your host, waving her wand to ignite the brilliant color, stunning special effects and charming music. But she won’t be alone in the sky this summer. Dumbo will make his surprise airborne debut in the new show. Tink’s sparkling touch awakens a fantastic array of Disney’s most magical characters, from Pinocchio to Mary Poppins to Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother, and the Three Good Fairies from “Sleeping Beauty.

NEW FLOATS BRING NEW MAGIC TO ‘DISNEY’S ELECTRICAL PARADE’: Everything about “Disney’s Electrical Parade” will have a new glow as Tinker Bell leads the way, waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new opening parade float. The parade’s beloved music and floats will feature electrifying audio and lighting technologies, with sparkling pixie dust added to all the parade floats. Snow White and Pinocchio return to the parade this summer as well, after several years’ absence, riding bright new versions of their classic floats.

AN EXCITING NEW DANCE CLUB ‘IGNITES THE NIGHT’ IN TOMORROWLAND: Tweens, teens and families will be drawn to the TLT Dance Club at Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland. Dazzling décor will include an illuminated DJ console where the TLT Dance Club DJ will spin the hottest dance tunes, guaranteed to keep Tomorrowland rockin’ all night. Live bands and the hottest Southern California radio stations will appear on select nights throughout the summer.

PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT: Tinker Bell and her friends have been welcoming guests into their Pixie Hollow home, tucked into the glen near the entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, since fall of 2008. This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, pop jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow.

More information about Summer Nightastic! can be found at www.disneyland.com/summer.

Malcon10t
04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
OK, readjusting the "Cowboy Trip"!!

dznyphreak
04-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for sharing! :) Sounds GREAT. How, I wonder, will Dumbo fly? I'd think it'd be hard to get that elephant down those wir...I mean...up in the air. ;)
Involving characters in the fireworks should be interesting too...will they just be voiceovers, or actual appearances in front/on the castle? (Thinking out loud here)
Super excited for Fantasmic! to come back with a new dragon. Should be pretty awesome.

Another Dimension
04-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Mmmm, new fireworks show!

The old man
04-25-2009, 07:30 AM
How, I wonder, will Dumbo fly?
Well, I think I will have seen everything--when I see an elephant fly.

nvmom
04-25-2009, 07:52 AM
So none of these things will show before June 12??? We're there June 3-9. I thought it seemed reasonable that we'd F! or Fireworks (maybe not both.) Great.

nvmom

houseofmouse
04-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Sounds great to me! We will be there this summer and aside from dancing (which I will not do!) I want to make sure to catch the rest!! :D

disneylandgirl
04-25-2009, 09:42 AM
I wasn't planning on visiting this summer... but I think I might want to now. :rolleyes:

kdsmit07
04-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Well, I think I will have seen everything--when I see an elephant fly.

This just made my day.

3Princesses1Prince
04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm hoping the "nightly until Aug. 23" doesn't mean the show stops after Aug. 23, just not nightly? We are going in September and I am looking forward to more magic at night!

disneylandgirl
04-25-2009, 10:11 AM
(This is in "News and Current Events" also)

Chadsgal
04-25-2009, 01:23 PM
This is making me sooo excited!!! Our trip is June 12-17!!! So now our nights are starting to fill up, We have to hit F!, the Electrical Parade & the new Fireworks show. We will get our premium seating for F! :D

ladylyons
04-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Now I'm even more jealous of my friend who is going to Disneyland from June 26 to June 29th. They weren't even thinking of trying to see the fireworks!!!:eek: SO NOT FAIR!!!

HauntedKid
04-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh my God!!!! I just died of a heart attack and got back to life again....I`m going crazy right now, I just can`t wait for summer!!! Seriously, I`m crying tears of joy hehehehehehe

ryanvalle
04-25-2009, 07:21 PM
yup. they had media in the park on friday and disneygeek was there and took some photos from the event, along with some slides from their presentation which includes info and photos of what you can expect from the new shows.

nvmom
04-25-2009, 07:39 PM
So are they showing F! or any fireworks before June 12?
I checked the calendar but there's not much up for June 3-9 yet. Thanks.

nvmom

SANDYMARIE
04-26-2009, 08:20 AM
YAY!!!! What a SUPER addition to our trip!!!! :D
I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!!! :|

Thanks for the info!

Sandymarie

SANDYMARIE
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
This is making me sooo excited!!! Our trip is June 12-17!!! So now our nights are starting to fill up, We have to hit F!, the Electrical Parade & the new Fireworks show. We will get our premium seating for F! :D

Crystal,
Sooooo close to Noah's birthday too!!!
Have a BLAST!!!!!!

Sandy :)

DisneylandDad
04-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm hoping the "nightly until Aug. 23" doesn't mean the show stops after Aug. 23, just not nightly? We are going in September and I am looking forward to more magic at night!

I read about this the other day on the GAT blog and called DL and asked about the dates and what they meant. I was told (in read between the lines style) that the dates just identified the "DL Summer Season" but the new shows would most likely still be going on after those dates according to normal scheduling practices.

We are going this week for a few days but also in June for a longer visit that will include the 12th and 13th so I will have to be a quick dialer to get F seating res on either of those dates if they are in fact showing those two dates. We have never been to anything Disney on it's first showing/grand opening but since we are already going to be there and F is my daughters absolute favorite thing in DL I will try to get it arranged this time.

TowerofTerror
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Sound exciting the new thing that will be going on at Dsneyland and California Adventure I hope to perhaps see the new stuff

Chadsgal
04-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Check this video out it is a guy acting out the finally of the new firework show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZOrS-hyaI