PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort Shows?

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 09:21 AM
WDI has had many successful (and unsuccessful) shows at the Disneyland Resort. My favorite is Fantasmic!
What are your favorite shows and why?

Lacrosse Boy
07-14-2001, 09:25 AM
Although it is not really a sit-down show, I like the jazz band in New Orleans Square.:cool:

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 11:59 AM
Ah yes!
They are always fun to watch! ;)

DisneylandKid
07-14-2001, 12:17 PM
Even though I am one of the biggest Disneyland fans, and I go at least once a week, I have actually never seen the entire Fantasmic show. I'm determined to, though. My favorite show has to be the "Believe" fireworks, but I also enjoy the NOS Jazz Band.

DisneyFreak2000
07-14-2001, 12:20 PM
Every show they have put on, I have enjoyed. My favorites would have to be...

Fantasmic, Believe, MSEP, Lion King Celebration, Annimazement, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontus, Hunchback, Parade of the Stars, Hercules Victory Parade....

As you see, nearly every show the resort puts on is one-of-a-kind and "enchanting"

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 12:20 PM
DisneylandKid,
Well, next time you're there, make a point to nab a spot and watch Fantasmic!
I agree with you on the Believe fireworks. I liked it so much I got the sound track!

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 12:28 PM
I agree with DisneyFreak in that the vast majority of Disney's shows are a success!

mrfantasmic
07-14-2001, 02:31 PM
Does anybody else wish that the Festival of Fools still ran?

dghosthost
07-14-2001, 03:08 PM
For me it is the Dapper Dans. Then Fantasmic

Lost Boy
07-14-2001, 09:12 PM
Festival Of Fools was the largest and most unusual shows Disneyland ever presented. Mideveal Theater in the Round. Anyone who has ever been a part of or been to the RenFaire in Southern California would love this show. The characters looked like the stepped out of the Animated Movie. I loved this show. The only thing bad was the seating. I can't sit on the ground and the bench seats were very hard and hot because there was no overhead covering. You couldn't really because some of the action was up so high. This was the best stage show Disneyland ever did.

I also loved Beauty and The Beast, and Pochantas. They were incredible shows and I wish they could have stayed forever. I was lucky enough to be there for the last, final show of B & B and it was amazing. Everyone knew it was the last ever show, and the cast had ways of thanking us for our support of this wonderful show. It was just and incredible, funny and very unique show.

I also loved the Lion King Parade. It was the best Parade the Park ever did and I have seen them all from day 1.
:D

Morrigoon
07-14-2001, 10:09 PM
Don't flame me but...

**I LOVE ANIMAZEMENT!!!**

I can appreciate a certain level of cheesiness... it's disney, it's supposed to be! And it's perfectly appropriate for its intended audience (unlike that torture session going on in the hyperion).

I also adore the Xmas believe and regular believe (in that order)

I'd have to say the area entertainment is top notch and always worth a watch, but "Laughing Stock", the stuff that they do in Frontierland, is the one I'm most likely to stop and watch when I catch it. Those guys are really talented improv artists.

I miss the old days (meaning a couple years ago) when Rod still did more of his old stuff, like the "tap number" where we all got out our quarters and tapped along with the music... great fun, that. (Coke Corner)

JRob2k1
07-14-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I'd have to say the area entertainment is top notch and always worth a watch, but "Laughing Stock", the stuff that they do in Frontierland, is the one I'm most likely to stop and watch when I catch it. Those guys are really talented improv artists.

Agreed!!

Great show!!

-JRob

mrfantasmic
07-15-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Festival Of Fools was the largest and most unusual shows Disneyland ever presented. Mideveal Theater in the Round. Anyone who has ever been a part of or been to the RenFaire in Southern California would love this show. The characters looked like the stepped out of the Animated Movie. I loved this show. The only thing bad was the seating. I can't sit on the ground and the bench seats were very hard and hot because there was no overhead covering. You couldn't really because some of the action was up so high. This was the best stage show Disneyland ever did.:D
Yes. Feast of Fools was a great accomplishment!

Napsto
07-15-2001, 11:18 AM
Believe!

Thunderhorn
07-15-2001, 02:27 PM
What other show is there at Disneyland than the living 3-D show called Disneyland?:D

WizKidRyan
07-15-2001, 02:48 PM
I wish I could remember his name, but I'm drawing a blank, but I love to sit and listen to the ragtime piano at the Coca Cola place...(why am I drawing so many blanks on my favorite place :confused: )

Thunderhorn
07-15-2001, 03:10 PM
Whaddya know!?! I was just there Monday and got video of him and his autograph in my book! He signed "Ragtime Johnny":D

My name is Ryan too!

mrfantasmic
07-16-2001, 05:14 PM
I personally like to watch and listen to the steel drum band. :)

Uncle Dick
02-28-2002, 09:43 PM
The Power of BLAST!, of course. ;)

At Disneyland, I really enjoy the Laughing Stock. Those guys are riotously funny.