PDA

View Full Version : DLR or DCA for New Year's Eve?

snitcherus
12-30-2002, 03:30 PM
my family and i are going to be spending New Year's Eve at DLR and then staying over in the Paradise Pier Hotel. My question is, which park should we be in at midnight? right now DCA is looking better to us because we want to avoid the crowds.

did anyone spend last new year's in DCA? what were the events like? was it just bands playing at different locations? what happens at midnight in DCA?

thanks so much for any input.

ldsguy
12-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Well, we aren't exactly sure this year, as they are overhyping everything that is going on at DCA, also if DL gets too full they will be redirecting people into DCA and let them into DL if and when it empties out some, it wasn't this way last year.....so, well, I have to say your guess is as good as mine, but an educated guess would be:

DCA might be slightly better, because of the design and layout of the park it may make it seem less crowded......But personally I would look at the entertainment schedule and decide who I want to see, if you don't care about entertainment, then look at where the entertainment is located and go on rides that aren't near the entertainment.

lilblckrncloud
12-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by snitcherus
did anyone spend last new year's in DCA? what were the events like? was it just bands playing at different locations? what happens at midnight in DCA?Although as ldsguy said, it does seem like there is a lot more hype surrounding the "bands" and stuff at DCA this year than last, I really doubt it will be that crowded. We went last year and we had an incredibly fun evening. The whole park was pretty deserted and it felt like a block party or something. There were "dance" lights and music all throughout the park, and we spent quiet a bit of time dancing over in the Pacific Wharf area where they had a dj booth set up. It sounds kinda cheesy, but they had "dancers" and stuff coming through and dancing with the crowds, which was cute for the kids. At midnight they had a countdown and balloon drops at different locations around the park, and it was so much fun. I would highly recommend it; in fact, we enjoyed it so much we are hitting it up again this year. It is perfect for us because my husband doesn't like crowds too much but does enjoy hanging out and having fun.

snitcherus
12-31-2002, 08:28 AM
thanks lilblackraincloud for the helpful info! im sure we'll bump into you tonight at DCA. Have a great new year. -jen