PDA

View Full Version : Costco AP $50 Gift Card Usage

disney6
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM
My family is coming from out of state to DLR in a couple of weeks to purchase/redeem our Costco Deluxe AP Vouchers. Can someone please let me know if the $50 Gift card has to be used by May 31st or is it valid the length of the AP. Thanks to anyone that can help me out on this!

Toocherie
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
My Mom got one of these passes and used the gift card already, but I don't remember them telling her there was a limit--and in California gift cards don't expire by law. (they can assess fees after a time, however)

candles71
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
actually they can't assess fees in cali. If you read the fine print on most gift cards, they talk about fees for non-use, usually excepting California.

disney6
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I have seen some websites that give the May 31st date as a redeem date, I didn't know if that was for the pass or gift card. Thanks

Darkbeer
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
You MUST get your AP by May 31st, but the Gift Card has no expiration date.

Now, if you fail to get your AP by May 31st, your voucher will be honored, a credit of the $269 you paid, but you will NOT get the Gift Card.

Leofoenget
04-23-2009, 08:14 AM
You MUST get your AP by May 31st, but the Gift Card has no expiration date.

Now, if you fail to get your AP by May 31st, your voucher will be honored, a credit of the $269 you paid, but you will NOT get the Gift Card.

Any idea if there will be a new Costco AP promo?

DisneylandDad
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Costco HQ in Washington told me that they used to sell AP's but "messed up" a few years ago and had not been allowed to sell AP's for a while.
Now that they are being given the chance to sell them again, Costco has every intention of offering various promotions on the AP's.
The person I was speaking to could not give me any specifics of what future promotions may include or when they might be made available.
According to Costco the current AP promotion was actually available online for a short time, although I could not find it except via a link that was provided to me by Costco.
Just as I was not given any details regarding future promotion details, I was told that Costco may offer the AP's online again but there were no definte plans to do so at the present time.

candles71
04-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I had found it online for a very short time but shipping was almost 10 each!

jcruise86
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Any idea if there will be a new Costco AP promo?
:confused:
I'm also curious if I will be able to purchase APs at Costco after May 31.

Leofoenget
05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm also curious if I will be able to purchase APs at Costco after May 31.

I know. Through a fluke I am going to LA this weekend, and plan to swing by the Burbank Costco to purchase the AP. I am going to go to DL in June so I did not think I was able to take advantage of the promo. I am wondering what deal they will offer in June that might be better than getting the $50 gift card. It is very nice to know that you can redeem the voucher after May 31st so at least you won't lose the $269, that would be terrible

DisneylandDad
05-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I know. Through a fluke I am going to LA this weekend, and plan to swing by the Burbank Costco to purchase the AP. I am going to go to DL in June so I did not think I was able to take advantage of the promo. I am wondering what deal they will offer in June that might be better than getting the $50 gift card. It is very nice to know that you can redeem the voucher after May 31st so at least you won't lose the $269, that would be terrible

If you are not going to go to DL to redeem your Costco AP for the DL AP plus the $50 gc I would wait till either Costco offers a new promo or you go in June. There is zero benefit to buying the $269 deal at Costco unless you are able to reddem the $50 gift card as well.
Some people have thought it would save them time @ DL but that is not the case at all. You still need to go to the ticket booths to exchange the Costco Certificate for your AP and then you still need to go to the bank for processing of the AP itself. My family did this just last week and for us it was worth it due to the $50 gc but it will chew up a little time so allow accordingly.
If you are using them to renew an existing pass, I am not 100% sure how it would be handled other than I know it is a good deal that way as well if you take into account the $50 gc.

Leofoenget
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
If you are not going to go to DL to redeem your Costco AP for the DL AP plus the $50 gc I would wait till either Costco offers a new promo or you go in June. There is zero benefit to buying the $269 deal at Costco unless you are able to reddem the $50 gift card as well.
Some people have thought it would save them time @ DL but that is not the case at all. You still need to go to the ticket booths to exchange the Costco Certificate for your AP and then you still need to go to the bank for processing of the AP itself. My family did this just last week and for us it was worth it due to the $50 gc but it will chew up a little time so allow accordingly.
If you are using them to renew an existing pass, I am not 100% sure how it would be handled other than I know it is a good deal that way as well if you take into account the $50 gc.

I should clarify that I will take about an hour and run up to DL and get my AP and Gift Card at some point. I can still use the gift card in June for whatever that won't expire correct? See the deal for ME is, I have an $85 2% cash reward voucher from costco that I am going to use to buy the AP from Costco which will knock the price down for me from $269 to $184 only $5 more than a 3 day hopper, add in the $50 GC and the price drops to $134 (ok sorta I can't apply that to the purchace price but it's still food money for me in June) That's why I want to do this in May since I'm going to be there anyway.

MammaSilva
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
If you can get to the park and activate the AP and gift card before May 31st you're savings will work out the way you have it figured. The gift card is good until you use it up.

candles71
05-06-2009, 09:25 AM

We were not renewing a pass but had previously had one so they just printed the new pass at the ticket booth as we were already "in the system" picture and all. Now our trip we had ticket vouchers for the other 7 members of our party that had to be exchanged at the ticket booth. I made DH (and I) go Sat night after we had checked in and unloaded the car, to the ticket booth at 11pm. Total time used (we parked in the 15 min lot off Harbor) 20 minutes. By the time we arrived Sunday morning we'd have been in line at the ticket booths at least an hour. My point- If you are in the system already for an AP, park in the side lot in the evening and run to the ticket booths. AM in to afternoon is crazy.