PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland merchandise?

amelialourdes
04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't know if this is specially a question for Disneyland or more general but here it goes.

So, I went to the annual pass sale on Sunday and bought me and my mom two different types of mugs. I was checking the receipt and on it, it said (on the Mom mug) that there are chemicals in it that could cause cancer, pregnancy problems, etc.

Um, what? Is this something that I should be concerned about? Obviously there's an advisory warning there for a reason but has this happened? Should I just be putting the mug up for display and not for use by my mother?

The warning has really worried me but it is just on a receipt and as a footnote. Actually, no. The fact that it's unnoticeable except on the receipt has me worried.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Autopia Guy
04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Ah, don't you just love the State of California? Yes, that merchandise most likely does contain some very trace amounts of something that could potentially be harmful, but they still have to put that warning on it.

There is a sign with that same warning on it on one of the Monorail pylons in DTD. Been going by there for years, still healthy.

Heck, I think there is a sign with that same warning on it at the entrance of the Rainforest Cafe in DTD as well.

Look around when you go to malls and such, and you usually will see it posted there as well.

Personally though, I think you are in no danger.

amelialourdes
04-21-2009, 06:44 AM
You're right about that. I do notice them all over the place. Just wondering if they're talking about the paint or whatever they use to coat the inside of the cup and I don't want my mom drinking out of it if that's the case.

Thank you for your opinion!

Drince88
04-21-2009, 07:04 AM
As long as it doesn't say "For decorative purposes only" or "Not safe for food" or something really definitive on it like that, it would be safe to drink from in any other state in the Union, so I figure it's still safe to drink from it in California.

CV12Pirate
04-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Does it say "microwave safe" on the bottom?

amelialourdes
04-22-2009, 06:17 AM
It doesn't say microwave safe at the bottom. Should it?

Drince88
04-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Personally, I wouldn't worry if it didn't say microwave safe. I have lots of mugs that aren't labeled as such that are. Plus, I have some mugs that are labeled Not safe for microwave that are designed for drinking, they just have a shiny 'metal' rim or something on them that would cause microwave issues.

AZCardsGirl
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Google "Proposition 65".

Your tax dollars at work.