PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go!

thekirk
12-30-2002, 08:10 AM
I'm going to DL on Jan 17, 18, and 19th.

the river rides, Haunted House, and Matterhorn are the main rides that will be closed.

I want to hear from all you SoCals how you think my trip will be (crowds - etc.)

Is there any way to get around the $8 for parking? (I'm staying 30min away from DL, so will drive to DL everyday)

ldsguy
12-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Park at the park and ride behind Mimi's Cafe...of course you never heard that from me. ;-) Sriously, I don't think it's illegal to park there, as it is a public parking location. There are also no signs about being towed away there, can't say that I have ever parked there though, as I have a premium pass that includesm parking.

It shouldn't be super crowded, but it will be quite a bit more crowded than during the week, as weekends always are.

Remeber DCA, it really is a fun little park, it's not worth a one day admission, but it is definitely worth going to if you have a park hopping pass.....also, be sure to check out Aladdin at the Hyperion in DCA.

Twinsmom
12-30-2002, 12:28 PM
During our visit last week we were told by a CM at Space Mountain that this ride was also going down in mid-January for complete refurbishment. Just an FYI.

ldsguy
12-30-2002, 04:00 PM
That's been delayed, due to the Matterhorn's reopening being delayed, they aren't planning on shutting down Space Mountain until the Matterhorn's back up and running.

DisneyFan25863
12-31-2002, 01:57 PM
From what I have heard, SM won't be down til Labor Day

HBTiggerFan
12-31-2002, 02:54 PM
well if you are going to be there for 5 hours or less and plan to eat in DTD you can park in the DTD lot and get validated. BUT if you are going to be there over 5 hours or not eat in DTD then you should park in the structure, because DTD parking is expensive!!!!!!!!

You could always take the bus to the DLR (not that the OCTA is great public transportation).

If you park anywhere other than the structure or DTD you are at risk for tickets and/or being towed. So unless you OK with risking a $100+ towing fine or ticket to get around an $8.00 charge for parking, park in the structure.

thekirk
12-31-2002, 08:05 PM
I figured that I would have to pay the $8 - and don't really have a problem with it - was just seeing if there was something else I didn't know about.

Thanks guys!

hefferdude
01-01-2003, 03:22 PM
It may be a bit more crowded Jan 17-20 '03 than other weekends during this period.
(1.) Jan 17 is the end of the first semester for many schools in So Cal.
(2.) Jan 20 is Martin Luther King's birthday. Most schools observe this day and are closed which will make for more guests at DLR.

The long range weather forecast is for a wetter season all across the southern portion of the US. So far we seem to be having alternating waves of rains and good weather. The ten day outlook to Jan 11 is for broken/cloudy - little rain - ~55 deg F.
Check the Weather and NOAA sites for extended forecasts.
( The good part is the air quality in the basin improves with the rainy season. ) Best bet is layers & lockers. A poncho is handy if you go GRR at DCA anyway. :)

RE parking at the structure. The parking pass also allows you to leave and return on the same day. Just have your bumper stamped. ( really just kidding :D )

Be sure and check the other posts on the FP disconnects.
Also if not an APr and you're using the 5/3 special PHP consider upgrading to a DLx FP if you're coming back anytime in 1 year.
$51 more gets you another year or so minus blockouts.
;)