PDA

View Full Version : Applying a Fun Card Toward a New AP

River Belle
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone.-

I thought that the birthday fun card could only be applied toward merchandise (and not toward tickets), but I read in another thread that you CAN use a fun card toward the purchase of an AP. Can anyone confirm this? And can you tell me how this would work? My AP has expired, and my husband's b-day is coming up. If he goes to the park on his b-day and gets a fun card, can we then go to World of Disney and use it to purchase an AP for me? Thanks in advance for your help...

cstephens
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone.-

I thought that the birthday fun card could only be applied toward merchandise (and not toward tickets), but I read in another thread that you CAN use a fun card toward the purchase of an AP. Can anyone confirm this? And can you tell me how this would work? My AP has expired, and my husband's b-day is coming up. If he goes to the park on his b-day and gets a fun card, can we then go to World of Disney and use it to purchase an AP for me? Thanks in advance for your help...

It hinges on the definition of "merchandise". The fun card can't be used to purchase food (except for the food items that are actually classified as merchandise).

I'm not sure if it would work to directly purchase an AP, but he could use his fun card to purchase a one-day, one-park ticket for you, and then that ticket can be upgraded to an AP by paying the difference. I'd go to World of Disney and inquire about buying the AP directly, and if that doesn't work, you can always just go into the regular ticket line to buy a regular ticket to upgrade.

AZImmortal
04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
The fun card is specifically also good for ticket media (and tours if I remember correctly). I can confirm this because I've done it to help pay for both mine and my girlfriend's APs. You should be able to do this at any ticket booth or at guest services (which is where I did it).

Autopia Guy
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, FunCards can be spent on Tickets, Tours, ON SITE PhotoPass and Select Merchandise, select being not valid for Gift Cards or Disney Dollars as those are sold as "Merchandise".