PDA

View Full Version : The whole Paradise "pier" thing... [DCA Lagoon Construction]

disneyFREAK242
04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
So, what exactly are they doing with the stage and such? Is it going to be a water show on a boat?.... I am very confused....

Niwel
04-15-2009, 03:17 PM
It is going to be a new nighttime show: Disney's World of Color. The whole viewing area is being redone similar to the way Frontierland was redesigned when Fantasmic opened.

ryanvalle
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
yes, but it looks like what they've built is a stage which will float.

teafour2
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
yeah Im wondering about that black stage to. weird as it looks like it will show thru the water. unless they die it that horrible green .

disneyFREAK242
04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
well, i know that the show is going to be in the pier, but are they just going to set up all of the fountains on the black stage thing while it floats? I think it would look kinda weird...

dznyphreak
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
From what I understand, the "stage" is just a structure to hold all the fountains together. It will be submerged during the day, underwater and out of sight. (If you remember, the lagoon has always been dyed blue. You could tell when the wave machine was on.) Just before showtime, the platform/stage/whathaveyou will be raised so the fountains will be just under the surface--close enough for them to work, but without little nozzles sticking out all over the place. Should maintenance be needed, the entire structure can be raised out of the water.

Those three little rectangular blocks by the viewing area? My guess would be submerged control towers. Fantasmic's raise up and out of the way of viewers, these ones will go down into the water.

olegc
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
the Blue Sky cellar at DCA, as well as Honor Hunter's blog Blue Sky Disney, have very good descriptions and diagrams of what is going to be the final product.

it's tough to judge something mid construction and ask why is the design this way - when in fact it will be slightly different (or disappear into the water) in the final product

kdsmit07
04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I can honestly say that I have never been this excited for anything that has been built to open. This nightime water extrordinare is going to be amazing.

charpaul
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
A friend of mine and I were talking about the LARGE black construction "stage". It does not appear to be permanent....

We thought it might actually be a "roof" over the construction site while they install the special fountains, water features, and other mechanical parts that might be proprietary in nature. The black “stage/roof” is actually high enough to drive a vehicle under (as seen in some of the update photos lately).

Before they built the black “stage”, they had already installed several metal structures that seemed more permanent in that area.

What do you think??

dznyphreak
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I think those structures were lifts/supports for the fountain grid. Just my guess.

Disney Daddy of 4
05-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I am so very excited about the World of Color show and all the other improvements to DCA, but when I was there last weekend a thought occured. It now appears that some of the cement structures being built may be higher than the actual waters of the Lagoon. Does anyone know how or if they will disguise them? After looking at the plans and Blue Sky, I was left wondering...

jkweitzel
05-03-2009, 10:21 AM
I am new to MP so I'm still figuring out the whole thing. I was wondering if anyone knows when/if the DCA lagoon will be refilled?

MouseVII
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I am new to MP so I'm still figuring out the whole thing. I was wondering if anyone knows when/if the DCA lagoon will be refilled?

According to the DL Park Update it will be refilled after Labor Day this year.

DisneyDork69
05-15-2009, 12:08 PM
According to the DL Park Update it will be refilled after Labor Day this year.

Oh good...then it will be fully working by the Thanksgiving Weekend!!!...Thanks!! :D

Jon C / Follow Me on TWITTER @ DisneyDork1969

Darkbeer
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
It will not be fully working by Thanksgiving.

The goal is to try and have the lagoon filled around Labor Day, tat means all the installation work will be finished.

Then the lagoon will go into "test and adjust" phase, where after park hours, Disney will start testing each individual jet, make adjustments if necessary, and then start testing groups of jets, then start going thru the show, where they will have to make adjustments not to just the water jests, but the lighting and projections also,

Disney is claiming that World of Color will be offered to guests in the Spring of 2010.

No exact date has been mentioned, but folks have used March/April as the expected starting date.

couchlady
06-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know the schedule date to return water to the DCA lagoon. We're going for my b-day the third week in September and we were just curious if we would see water in the lagoon.

3Princesses1Prince
06-29-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm curious too! All it says is after Labor Day.....:confused: