PDA

View Full Version : How's Indy These Days?

ShirleyFilms
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Is the Indiana Jones ride still experiencing regular breakdowns? I haven't been to the park in a few months, so I am curious. Did they ever give it the refurb everyone said it needed so badly?

Thanks!

Toocherie
04-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't ride this ride, but a friend who rode last week said that all of the elements were working--so not sure if they did the total refurb they were talking about or not, but my friend was quite excited that something appeared to have been done to the ride!

racccoon
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Is the Indiana Jones ride still experiencing regular breakdowns? I haven't been to the park in a few months, so I am curious. Did they ever give it the refurb everyone said it needed so badly?

Thanks!
I was at DL on March 25 and Indy broke down 3 times in one day. I am not sure what is going on or why it breoke dwn so many times that day. But I was there last week on April 8th and I was able to ride it nor did I hear the ride breaking down.

TowerofTerror
04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
I hate it when Indy breaks down.

ryanvalle
04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I hate it when Indy breaks down.

I hate it when I'm in line or wanting to ride when indy is broken down, but I'd love to experience to have to walk off indy. haha

ShirleyFilms
04-16-2009, 06:31 AM
I have been walked off Indy twice. It was cool both times. But. Still a time killer.

Got one of them on video. I was planning to put it on YouTube, but I figured there are probably plenty of walk-off videos on there already.

AlbertaMinnie
04-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Indy was down several times throughout the day on March 12 and 13.

I have never walked off a ride though...that would be interesting - as long as we weren't up too high that is...

ryanvalle
04-16-2009, 09:01 AM
I have been walked off Indy twice. It was cool both times. But. Still a time killer.

Got one of them on video. I was planning to put it on YouTube, but I figured there are probably plenty of walk-off videos on there already.

You should still post it. I think there aren't enough online, especially if you walked off somewhere towards the middle.

Also we talked on another forums about your RED camera and if you shot the walk off with the RED, that would've been awesome...unlikely that you did, but if you did...that should definitely be online haha

BunnyCups
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
It is my DREAM to be walked off of Indy! Once we stopped for a good five minutes, but it started up again after a while. It's my favorite ride (as well as the ride that my fiance proposed to me in line for ^.^).

Last week we got to experience the changing of space mountain cars! We were in one and there was something wrong with it, so instead of going right and up the lift at the beginning, we went left toward the service station! It was really eerie but really cool :)

ShirleyFilms
04-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Also we talked on another forums about your RED camera and if you shot the walk off with the RED, that would've been awesome...unlikely that you did, but if you did...that should definitely be online haha

Hah. Well.. no. It wasn't shot with the RED. :) The RED weighs about 50 pounds with all the attachments. And while I would love to shoot Disneyland with it... something tells me they would not let me stroll in with that on my shoulder. Not without a permit of some kind. hehe.

The first time we got stuck and walked off, we were stopped right at the Rolling Ball. I recorded (in night-vision as well as regular) Indy's face for a while. It's really creepy with the night-vision filter on. His eyes look black.... dead. Not like a living person looks in night-vision.

The second time, we stopped on the Bridge. When they turned the lights on we were able to sit (for about 10 minutes) and really absorb the set decorations. It was cool. The number of snakes that are just glued to the wall (that you never really see) are amazing. Just plain old rubber snakes, but lots of them. Same with the bug scene. There are tons of rubber bugs on that wall... but you hardly notice them when you are going through the ride. At least, I don't.

I didn't get as much footage of the second walk-off (which took us out through the front), because they asked me to stop recording... and I complied. But there was a lot of dead grass on the floor (the stuff you see hanging out of the walls throughout the ride), so I took a few pieces for my scrapbook. :)

If I can find the time, I will try and upload my videos.

BunnyCups
04-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, you should DEFINATELY post videos! I know, (or at least hope!), that I am not alone in saying that I am really interested in seeing the footage!

yohomama212
04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
I took DS on his first Indy ride tonight and it looked good to me!

Elizabeth

Wildwill
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Broke down both today and last weekend when I walked by - different times of the day, and had fast-passes both times!

But no biggie.

ryanvalle
04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Im curious as to the causes of breaking down.

Are the frequent break downs just a result of a safety sensor being triggered? The ride itself is quite violent so I am sure that its filled with safety sensors. Heck, I hear if something falls on the tracks, the ride would come to an immediate halt. And my guess is that having to check up on the systems to make sure everythign is fine and reset the darn thing takes forever to do. I know that is the case for space mountain.

Or is it the mechanics of the rides that are always malfunctioning? I read that the number one malfunction are busted hydraulics on the vehicles. So they immediately halt the ride for safety reasons and would take forever to get it to the back and reset the ride system.

Any CMs on the inside to give more details as to main reasons for the ride breakdowns?

sjhanksaz
04-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I posted this on YouTube from a trip whe took about a year ago on the ride. Indi is kind of creepy in the light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7usaU0ep3s

It seems like every trip we have made the ride always goes down for a little bit each day.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
the flames weren't working quite right on the 19th

Nikara
04-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I went on it today- the lights in the entrance room (where you choose a door) were out, which was sort of strange, but otherwise it was looking good!