PDA

View Full Version : "Hidden" Disneyland logo on the back of AP passes

tonytone
04-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but when I was looking at the back of my recently-purchased PAP, I noticed that I could barely make out the "Disneyland" logo in the sunlight. Thinking that it was a hidden watermark meant to thwart folks who would attempt to create counterfeit APs, I pointed my handheld blacklight lamp at it...sure enough, I could easily make out the logo.

Now here is where things get interesting--my 50th anniversary AP has it...my current (i.e, obtained in 2009) AP has it...but my previously-expired (obtained in 2007) AP doesn't have it. And no, I did not purchase my 2007 AP from a shady source... ;)

disneylandgirl
04-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I just looked at my pass, and I saw it too! It's under my name on the back.

yohomama212
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Mine and DS' Premium passes have "Disneyland" marked on them. Mom has DD's Deluxe so I can't compare right now. What level do you guys have?

Elizabeth

shna
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
My new PAP has "disneyland.com/ap" typed over the bar code... but I'm noticing that the card is scratched on the back already - and I've only had it a week! I keep it in my wallet -- not exposed to anything that would scratch it... so what gives?

ryanvalle
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
WOAH! THAT'S TRIPPY!
I see it too! I have a Socal AP and its there! haah

Phantom2006
04-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Yup I noticed this a few years ago. On Visa cards there is a large eagle and also on CA drivers licenses there are bears walking across the card. A good way to see this is to use the black-lights that are in Space Mountain (right before you board).

disneylandgirl
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Mine and DS' Premium passes have "Disneyland" marked on them. Mom has DD's Deluxe so I can't compare right now. What level do you guys have?

Elizabeth

I have a Deluxe pass.

My new PAP has "disneyland.com/ap" typed over the bar code... but I'm noticing that the card is scratched on the back already - and I've only had it a week! I keep it in my wallet -- not exposed to anything that would scratch it... so what gives?

Mine has that too. It wasn't there before I upgraded, but after I upgraded there it was! I think they just use the same card, but sorta white out where it says what type of pass, and just print over it, and then add that thing in the barcode. Not sure though.

I looked at my pass again, and I couldn't see the "Dsneyland" on the back which is weird cause I saw it the other day... it must depend on the light you're in.

tonytone
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Yup I noticed this a few years ago. On Visa cards there is a large eagle and also on CA drivers licenses there are bears walking across the card. A good way to see this is to use the black-lights that are in Space Mountain (right before you board).
Slightly off-topic on my part, but interestingly enough not all Visa cards have the hidden eagle logo--instead (or, in addition to) there is a "V" hidden in the "VISA" logo on the front of the card. AMEX has the "AMEX" letters in front, with the Centurian logo shown between the "M" and the "E"; MasterCard has the "M" and "C" letters on the front of the card; Discover has "Discover Network" on the front; CA drivers license has three "bear flag" logos along the front bottom. :D