PDA

View Full Version : Line cutters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

weluvdisney
04-12-2009, 06:23 PM
We moved to San Diego in January and bought AP's for our family. We used to live in Oregon and would come down and visit two times a year. Since becoming passholders we have been to the parks 5 times and have ran into some shady people (line cutters).
Example-
We arrived at the DL gate on Saturday morning at 7am (we were 3rd in line). At about 7:45 there was a father and daughter that came up and stood right in front of us. We first thought that they were with the family in front of us but that wasn't the case. I asked him if he was in line and he said yes- I asked him him how long he had been in line and he said about 15 min, then asked me how long I had been in line. When I told him an hour-He looked at me like I was crazy:) The end result was that he headed to the back of the line and we went about our day. We stayed the weekend at the park and had a few more line cutters attempt and cut in front of us while in line for rides.

So I guess my question is for those of you who are regular visitors to the park. Does this happen often and how do you handle it?

jcruise86
04-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm grateful to those of you who would go off on people who cut because some ne'er do well cads probably don't cut because people like you are out there. So thanks!

But I'm a wimp on this. I figure a certain % of people will cut and I'm not going to ruin my fun by making myself an honorary security officer. I might report them to cast members though and even give them one of my deadly scary teacher expressions.

When I worked at Disneyland we talked about the 1% of guests who are awful--perhaps having bad day. We tried to turn them around, but sometimes I just consoled myself with the fact that I'm not related to them.

Tisha
04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Ugh I hate line cutters! It does seem to happen a lot. It's very annoying. I'm a very quiet, non-confrontational person, but a few times it has bugged me enough to say something.

I remember one time I had fastpasses for HM Holiday. I was in line and after the point where they took our fastpasses a group of kids from the standby line jumped into our line. They were right behind us. When we passed the cast member I told her and her response was "that's not good". :eek::rolleyes:

Drince88
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm grateful to those of you who would go off on people who cut because some ne'er do well cads probably don't cut because people like you are out there. So thanks!
I sure didn't get the impression the OP 'went off' on the people who cut.

I have been known to say as loudly as necessary, that 'the end of the line is there'. I had to do it a couple of times at Pop Century waiting for one of the buses a couple of different times, becuase they were missing some of the chains directing the lines, and one woman got upset with me, but I was in a big enough crowd that she would have been cutting in front of, that I didn't feel in jeopardy or anything. If I'm right next to the person, I don't yell, just tell them. Most people are embarrassed at getting 'caught' and will just go to the end. If they're too selfish to be embarrassed, I don't let it ruin my day.

TowerofTerror
04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I hate line cutters too. I just telll the castmmeber or I tell the ones that are cutting the lines back there

doublewide77
04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Actually what bugs me more then line cutters, since a couple of cutters don't really change the lenght of our wait, is when it turns out 1 person is holding space for a large group or family. Then they start showing up cutting all the way to where the person is. I've seen this with groups as large as 10! They trickle in 2-3 at a time.

torquedork
04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Ugh I hate line cutters! It does seem to happen a lot. It's very annoying. I'm a very quiet, non-confrontational person, but a few times it has bugged me enough to say something.

I'm pretty much the same way, but however when it comes right down to it I'm somewhat known to piss someone off.

This had happend to me several times over at the Princess Fantasy Theatre where I was the first person that shown up and then a short time later another family arrived. Had this one family who were third in line just before the Fantasy Theatre had opened where the mother was telling one of the kids to run ahead of everyone where it got to that point where I had said "EXCUSE ME WHY THE %$%^ ARE YOU PLANNING CUTTING IN FRONT OF SOMEONE AND ANOTHER GROUP WHO ARRIVED BEFORE YOU DID?"

Luckily the family that was second in line totally back me up on this one also went off on them too.

CV12Pirate
04-13-2009, 05:20 AM
I do not let people cut in front of me.

Here is one thing to think about though, you do have to keep up in line, you do have to pay attention to the moving line.

I get tired of asking people in front of me to please move up because they are in their own little world and for some reason can't look in front of them.

I like to have fun with those people, I walk around them when they can't hear my request, then notice the look on their faces when they realize the "line cutter" came from right behind them.

I get back behind them and it starts all over again. Too funny.

Bottom line here is, pay attention and keep up.

AlbertaMinnie
04-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Over the years of dealing with linecutters, my family has learned to spread out to fill the line all the way across a ride line so linecutters cannot get past us. Typically, those that are trying to catch up to their family will ask politely if they may pass and that's ok with us, but linecutters are quiet and usually won't speak to you.

CV12Pirate
04-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Over the years of dealing with linecutters, my family has learned to spread out to fill the line all the way across a ride line so linecutters cannot get past us. Typically, those that are trying to catch up to their family will ask politely if they may pass and that's ok with us, but linecutters are quiet and usually won't speak to you.

Good idea, and you are right. Spreading out doesn't work for the two of us or just me. We keep our eye's open.

Bolivar
04-13-2009, 09:16 AM
When I know someone has cut in front of me I will say something. My problem is that I stand in line, I talk to my family, I look at the happenings around and then I realize that someone different is in front of me. I think they cut in line, but I am not sure enough to say something. Maybe the people who were in front of us left and these people were in front of them, maybe these people really were there all along. I am 90% sure they cut, but that 10% uncertainty keeps my mouth shut.

Crazy4DL
04-13-2009, 09:40 AM
When I know someone has cut in front of me I will say something. My problem is that I stand in line, I talk to my family, I look at the happenings around and then I realize that someone different is in front of me. I think they cut in line, but I am not sure enough to say something. Maybe the people who were in front of us left and these people were in front of them, maybe these people really were there all along. I am 90% sure they cut, but that 10% uncertainty keeps my mouth shut.

I am pretty much with you, Bolivar. Life is too short to get too upset over a couple of line cutters, imho.

Also, sometimes someone really isn't meaning to cut. I was waiting to pay for something over in Toontown a few weeks ago and when the CM walked over to help me I stepped forward not realizing she was helping another lady and I had just cut in front. Of course, when I realized what I had done I stepped back and apologized and they both just laughed and said "no problem".

TikiGeek
04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
A whole group walks up to the front of the line (usually teenagers :rolleyes: ) with smiles on their faces like "We don't even know what we're doing - te-he!" - when I remind them the back of the line starts -> there, I get ...Que? Que? with big smiles...:rolleyes: I love to see the shocked look on their faces when they realize just how well this gringo can speak Spanish.

It makes my day. ;)

ginap73
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Dec 22 2007, 2 boys about 14 years old and 12 years old cut in front of my mom and I on the little coaster in toontown. we were walking, since the line was not too bad, shorter than the previous time i had ridden it, as we were walking, they got in line behind us then ran a head of us totally cutting...

we get up to the front , they were next..and the cast member boarding people held them back, and to the side. They were not happy little boys ... the CM let my mom and I on.. hahaha... they had to wait til we were done to ride !!!!!!!!

PlayGirlBunny
04-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Line cutters suck and I hate the ones who act like they don't understand. I also hate what I call line lovers its when you wait in line and the person behind you is practically on top of you. Some times to piss them off I don't move up right away. I figure these type of people are not ap members because ap people relax and go at their own paste as to those visiting for the day that are trying to cram in everything in a day.

Tan Da Man
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Line cutters suck and I hate the ones who act like they don't understand. I also hate what I call line lovers its when you wait in line and the person behind you is practically on top of you. Some times to piss them off I don't move up right away. I figure these type of people are not ap members because ap people relax and go at their own paste as to those visiting for the day that are trying to cram in everything in a day.

uhh I hate those people too lol Its like give me some room to breathe!

I dont like line cutters, I dont come across them too often, but if I do Ill tell them to beat it.

Funniest thing to me, is when you are walking through a fastpass line for a return and you over hear people commenting on how fastpass is BS and that you are cutting in front of them. HELLO, but everyone has the same equal right to use the fastpass system, dont give me grief because you dont know what you're doing!

Toocherie
04-13-2009, 04:53 PM
uhh I hate those people too lol Its like give me some room to breathe!

I dont like line cutters, I dont come across them too often, but if I do Ill tell them to beat it.

Funniest thing to me, is when you are walking through a fastpass line for a return and you over hear people commenting on how fastpass is BS and that you are cutting in front of them. HELLO, but everyone has the same equal right to use the fastpass system, dont give me grief because you dont know what you're doing!

well, I've been known to stop in my tracks and explain the FastPass system to someone making those comments and make sure they know that they're entitled to it too!

Tinkermommy
04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
what I call line lovers its when you wait in line and the person behind you is practically on top of you.

LOL! I'm going to borrow that phrase from you! It's particularly apt because I've been known to turn around and say, with a big smile on my face, "If you get any closer, you're going to have to marry me."

Once, after repeated nicely phrased requests to leave some space failed to resolve a close encounter, I did turn to a boy and say firmly, "You need to stop touching my butt." THAT got his parents' attention, and put an end to it. That was a last resort, however.

Years ago, I was in line for Star Tours with my brother. The line would be narrow, then widen, then narrow again. And at the widened point, people from the back would sometimes surge forward and cut in. This particular day, two teenaged girls went around and got ahead of us. When they got to the narrow part, they kept gesturing to the rest of their party -- behind us, where they belonged -- to come up. They wouldn't. One of the girls loudly said, "How did you end up all the way back there?" I said, even more loudly, "It probably happened when you two were busy shoving your way in front of everybody else." Everybody (except the guilty parties) laughed; they went back to their party -- and my brother was SO mad at me for making a scene that he didn't talk to me for about an hour...:rolleyes:

AZCardsGirl
04-14-2009, 07:33 AM
I've noticed that a lot of line cutters, when called on it, seem to have [I]no[I] idea that they've done anything wrong. "Who me?" "Line? What line?" That doesn't fly with me. I've also noticed that a lot will also respond to me with a flurry of a non-English language. Well, that doesn't work either because I know enough of several languages to tell tham that a line has formed and they need to go to the back of it.

One thing... As soon as I've spoken up all of a sudden everyone around me joins in.

I've gotten the "evil eye" more than once, but they'll get my death stare in return.

PlayGirlBunny
04-14-2009, 01:03 PM
LOL! I'm going to borrow that phrase from YOU "If you get any closer, you're going to have to marry me."
thats so funny.

sunfun94
04-14-2009, 01:32 PM
A whole group walks up to the front of the line (usually teenagers :rolleyes: ) with smiles on their faces like "We don't even know what we're doing - te-he!" - when I remind them the back of the line starts -> there, I get ...Que? Que? with big smiles...:rolleyes: I love to see the shocked look on their faces when they realize just how well this gringo can speak Spanish.

It makes my day. ;)

I need to learn those phrases... LOL!:D

mswong40
04-14-2009, 01:48 PM

OMG!!! yes!!! this bugs ME!!! I was in line at Indiana Jones, and this one lady was practically rubbing my whole left side.......I would move closer and closer to my boyfriend, and she got closer and closer to ME!!!

Finally my bf decided to switch places with me, and then she was rubbing all up on him too.....until finally I gave her the death look and loudly said "God, cant she stop trampling over us, there are like 40+ people in line before us.......trying to shove us on top of them isnt going to get her closer."

She kind of kept a distance.......BUT GOSH!!! how annoying, I would prefer a line cutter any day than having someone rub....practically are your stuck twin or something there with you. :eek:

PlayGirlBunny
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
OMG!!! yes!!! this bugs ME!!! I was in line at Indiana Jones, and this one lady was practically rubbing my whole left side.......I would move closer and closer to my boyfriend, and she got closer and closer to ME!!!

Finally my bf decided to switch places with me, and then she was rubbing all up on him too.....until finally I gave her the death look and loudly said "God, cant she stop trampling over us, there are like 40+ people in line before us.......trying to shove us on top of them isnt going to get her closer."

She kind of kept a distance.......BUT GOSH!!! how annoying, I would prefer a line cutter any day than having someone rub....practically are your stuck twin or something there with you. :eek:

I have been using a backback these days and it helps with the line lovers cuz if some one gets close just smack them around with the backpack and say Oh Sorry and they stay away LoL

mswong40
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
(I have been using a backback these days and it helps with the line lovers cuz if some one gets close just smack them around with the backpack and say Oh Sorry and they stay away LoL)

Thats too funny I will definitely have to remember to carry my backpack with me. :D

shna
04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
(I have been using a backback these days and it helps with the line lovers cuz if some one gets close just smack them around with the backpack and say Oh Sorry and they stay away LoL)

Thats too funny I will definitely have to remember to carry my backpack with me. :D

If you do, please don't become one of the line lovers who keeps bumping people with your backpack. ;) I had one of those behind me in line for something at WDW & I was about to go insane. I kept looking at her every time she bumped me & then she'd look at me as if I'd grown a third head. Um - I was the stationary one & you were the moving one. Who do you think did the bumping?!