PDA

View Full Version : A littler greener on the daily schedule

doublewide77
04-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Not sure if this has been commented on yet. Noticed the daily handout schedule is now 1/2 as much paper. Same overall size, but not doubled over as before. Nice to save some trees when you think how many of these are printed. Content appears the same they just did it by going to smaller fonts.

Also I think it's a slightly lighter paperstock and they are using lighter colored inks, both money savers.

Drince88
04-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Smaller font and lighter colored ink? I guess I'll need to make sure I get reading glasses before my next Disneyland trip! Those things weren't the biggest font to begin with!

AaronInCal
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Well it's really not that much smaller. To me, it looks like they reduced the space between the lines of text to fit more on the page. And the ink is about the same. It always changes color, seemingly based on the seasons. Right now it is a purple and a pink, if I remember correctly, different color for each park. For Christmas they have green and red, Halloween is orange and black. Summer will probably be red and blue... It's good they reduced though. Just need the more basic info on there anyway.

doublewide77
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Actually once I got use to it, I prefer the new design. The old one you were constantly flipping over as the all the info for any one park was on both sides. On the new ones, it's all on the same side.

The color is lighter from same time last year. Whether that is intentional or not we'll have to wait for a few more seasonal color changes to know.

I've always been impressed by the Disney park maps and glad to see they are unchanged so far.