PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose: Spring 2009 Menu?

TikiGeek
04-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Has Napa Rose changed to the spring menu yet? If so - any significant changes?

Would anyone happen to have a link to the current (Spring 2009?) NR menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - TIA, TikiGeek. :)

disneyochem
04-12-2009, 08:44 AM
I found the Spring 2009 menu posted on the Allears website: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_nr.htm

We are eating at the NR on Saturday night for the first time! Yippeee! A birthday treat from my hubby (as well as staying at the GCH!).

Second Star
04-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Looking forward to our dinner at the Napa Rose in June. My wife and I are celebrating 24 years with a special dinner there.

Then spending the rest of the week with our daugthers and couple of their friends as a grad present for my 19 yo.:)

BunnyCups
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM
YES! They brought back their peanut butter ice cream! My suggestion for any peanut butter lovers out there: GET THE PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM! It is simply divine, and quite possibly one of my favorite ice creams ever!

(( Might have to stop by there just to grab some dessert :p ))

celticfury
04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
The Pork Osso Bucco was simply heavenly !!!! It really was amazing ! :D

fairestoneofall
04-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Oh NOOOO!!!! I just looked at the spring menu. I totally thought that I was certain that I would get the Vintner's Menu....now I'm not so sure. There are SO many tasting sounding items. Suggestions please!!!

I'm SO looking forward to our NR dinner a week from Saturday. We're celbrating our 14th wedding anniv.....and it's our first Disney weekend w/o the toddlers!! We're staying at the GC and can't wait to sample some of the Festival items.

janell
04-13-2009, 07:50 AM
You can't really go wrong with anything on Napa menu. Its all tasty. If they still offer this, Portobello Mushroom Bisque “Cappuccino” . Its one of my fav. Very yummy.

Their Crème Brûlée, is so good, best I have ever had. I had heard they took it off the menu, so if you see it or its an option, get it! Its so yummy. Instead of being in a dish, its served in a tart(I think that is what its called). So it can be eaten, they pair it up with berries, usually raspberries. Oh gosh i wish I had one now. It is that good. They also have great desert wines. Im not a wine person, but had one at a party that was given there and it was also very yummy. You will have a wonderful time. Happy Ann.

cstephens
04-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh NOOOO!!!! I just looked at the spring menu. I totally thought that I was certain that I would get the Vintner's Menu....now I'm not so sure. There are SO many tasting sounding items. Suggestions please!!!

Keep in mind that the Vintner's Menu changes every week, on Friday. There are times when I go and I'm glad that there's nothing screaming my name on the Vintner's so that I can order off the regular menu, so I know what you mean.

splash
04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
We just ate at the Napa Rose in March. We requested the chefs table and were offered a chef's menu- the chef made special items just for us. It was myself, DH and DS (14) We each received different items and were able to taste each others food. It was priced that same as the vintners menu $85, but we all loved the variety. - The portabello mushroom bisque was amazing and we also got to sample truffles. We got 3 different meals and it was wonderful. The chef came over and talked to us and several others in the kitchen checked in with us to make sure we enjoyed our food and to tell us about some of the things we were dining on. It was an amazing meal!!!

fairykin
06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
The pumpkin fettucini with duck meatballs had a sauce to die for, OMG!
I am sitting here in texas craving this dish..thinking.. :eyeroll:maybe i can talk my husband into a quickie trip to disneyland for the weekend.

and this i want to try..it sounds delish!
Cornbread Crusted White Asparagus and Roasted Baby Artichokes - with Applewood Smoked Bacon and a Meyer Lemon "Tartar Sauce".

adriennek
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
and this i want to try..it sounds delish!
Cornbread Crusted White Asparagus and Roasted Baby Artichokes - with Applewood Smoked Bacon and a Meyer Lemon "Tartar Sauce".

It was/is.

Adrienne

KarenW2
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM
My hubby and I had our latest dinner at NR, on our 30th Wedding Anniversary Day, May 26th. We reserved our favorite seats at the Chef's Counter, #7 and #8, and had a wonderful time, as usual, chatting with Chefs Andy, Gloria and the others. Ever since our first counter "experience", back in 2005, we've never gone back to sitting at a regular table, or in the lounge, for dinners there.

Even tho it was in the reservation that we were there for our anniversary, nothing was said about it when we came in, which was unusual, so I mentioned to our waiter, when he came to take our order. He immediately went away and came back with a glass of champagne for each of us, to start, as well as a glass of Magicale, a dark red, Proseco-type sparkling wine later on, to finish the meal, "on them". We thought this was very nice! I ordered off the regular menu and my hubby went with their Vintner's Table and Wine Flight. Excellent dinner as always, great time talking with CA and the others. The dessert girl, Gracie, used dark chocolate, wrote on our dessert plates, "Happy 30th Anniversary" and gave me a box of their special gift truffles, wishing us a "Happy Anniversary", as we were leaving. We thought that was really sweet. They also "comped" my dessert for the anniversary (my hubby's was part of Vintner's Table).

Since my hubby had just taken the Napa Rose Cooking School at the beginning of the month, CA gave him a "pop quiz", asking him a question about sauces, which he got right, so CA was very happy!!

Before we left, another couple came and sat at the other two seats at our counter section (Seats #5 & #6). Turns out, they were celebrating their 30th anniversary, it was that same day, and they got married in California as well! CA thought it was pretty amazing, the odds on that happening. The other couple was obviously older than we are and CA was amazed when I told him we'd been married *30* years! He and his wife have been married 15 years. After that, we got the car from the valet and drove home - full, happy and definitely thankful to God, for all His blessings to us, over all these years!!

There's another restaurant in OC that has been a favorite, ever since our first experience there, for our 3rd Anniversary in 1982, that we usually go to, for special occasions. It's called The Hobbit, in the city of Orange, but lately, we've been enjoying NR much more, so that's why we chose to spend our anniversary dinner with them.

Here are links to the 2 pages of the menu we had that night. As previously mentioned, my hubby had the Vintner's Table, cos he couldn't resist it. I ordered off the menu ala carte, as I knew what I wanted and didn't want to be "surprised".

I started with their amazing Chef's Seasonal Market Soup (I almost always get the Scallops, but this sounded really great), which that night was Lobster and Corn Soup (definitely a "3 Bowler", in Chef Frank's vocabulary!), followed by their Strawberry Sage BBQ Maple Farms Duck Breast and finished with the Scharfenberger Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream for dessert, substituting their amazing Chocolate-Chocolate Chip ice cream for their Cinnamon (on the menu).

Page 1 is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/3574192677/
Page 2 is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/3575002710/

P.S. If you click on the "All Sizes" magnifying glass icon, it will show you just the menu page, at a decent size, to read all the words!

Enjoy!