PDA

View Full Version : Cost on blackout days

Nancy
12-28-2002, 09:23 PM
I have looked all over Disney.com and can't find out the cost of admission on blackout days. Help., ..Please!! Thanks!!:) :)

HBTiggerFan
12-28-2002, 10:27 PM
I believe it is $25 and that is for a ticket that is equivalent to your AP. I believe that all APs are now 2park hoppers so your $25 would be a park hopper. Be prepared to pay for parking though, blockout days for the parks are blockout for parking too.

Wishful
12-29-2002, 02:18 AM
According to the Nov 2002-Mar 2003 AP newsletter, the cost is $25 on blackout days. I also looked at the Disney.com site and didn't see any info on that - odd considering there's so much other information.

HB Tigger Fan brings up a good point about the parking - you have to pay for it!

I just noticed the AP prices went up too, ouch!

Wishful

Nancy
12-29-2002, 07:01 AM
Thank you so much!! I think we'll be waiting for a regular day.:)

EandCDad
12-29-2002, 08:08 AM
Can anyone (like tabacco or driftwood714) confirm that you can park hop on the $25 blackout ticket. I have to get one of these so I can enjoy the mass of humanity that is New Years Eve, otherwise, Stan4dsteph and I may just park ourselves in the picnic area and play Cranium.

DisneyFan25863
12-29-2002, 08:44 AM
I always thought it was $28. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know

tabacco
12-29-2002, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it's $25 and you CAN park-hop on it, as long as your AP is for both parks (I don't think there're any of the old 1-park passes still lingering out there, but you never know). Also, parking isn't valid on blockout days, although rumor has it that the parking people are kinda lax about checking :)

ldsguy
12-29-2002, 10:32 AM
There are near-by places that you can park for free and walk, like right behind Mimi's Cafe there's a transit center that is designed as a park and ride, but you can park there. If you are going to go on New Years Eve and pay for parking, I would recomend avoiding the parking structure, last year the Trams did not run from midnight until 1:30 AM. I would recomend the Pumba or Buzz Light Year lots, if they are parking them when you get there, yes they are a bit far, but Coach USA runs the shuttles there and from what I understand they did not stop running last year, apparently the Timon trams stopped as well.....the Timon and Parking Structure Tram routes became walkways to the appropriate locations. Also, I would reccomend being there before 11:00 am, as I was told that they may cut off all parking by then.

EandCDad
12-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Yeah, it's $25 and you CAN park-hop on it, as long as your AP is for both parks (I don't think there're any of the old 1-park passes still lingering out there, but you never know). Also, parking isn't valid on blockout days, although rumor has it that the parking people are kinda lax about checking :)

Thank's tabacco, you da man! (Assuming you are a man, which I'm pretty sure you are, but don't want to assume and make a you know what out of both u and me).

tabacco
12-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Heh... you guess correctly! ;)

Morrigoon
12-30-2002, 02:02 AM
Now, myself, I'll be bringing Disney Monopoly, and might be found at Plaza something-or-other ;)