PDA

View Full Version : Day After Holidays are officially over

shila
12-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Hello everybody, I'm new here, and I have a question for you guys.

I'm planning on going to DL on Jan 6th, its a monday, and its the day after all the holidays festivities are over at DL. I was wondering if any of you have visted the park right after the Holiday things ended and how attendence was. Also are the entrance prices going to be lowered at all since all that stuff is gone?

I went in Dec of last year and had a blast, unfourtunately, I called the DL number and asked what the last day of the holiday celebration was and was told the 6th, anyway I was either misinformed or they changed it and now I'm gonna have to miss out on all of that :(

I still plan on going though, but anyone have any answers to my questions?

Matterhorn Fan
12-28-2002, 08:28 PM
The 6th is the day that (technically) begins the off season. It will probably be more crowded than in February, but the holiday rush will be over.

Check the DL update on the main MP page for whatever's closing that day. In the past, some of the decorations have still been up that week, but don't expect a lot. The holiday rides will be down for rehab, but you may hear Christmas music on Main Street, and Pluto might still be wearing a scarf, for whatever that's worth.

Ticket prices don't go up during the holidays, so they won't be going down for the off-season. It's possible there's some kind of promotion or discount available. Check Mousesavers to see if there's anything you can use.

DL is magical no matter what time of the year you go. Have a great visit!

shila
12-28-2002, 08:42 PM
[i] It's possible there's some kind of promotion or discount available. Check Mousesavers to see if there's anything you can use.

DL is magical no matter what time of the year you go. Have a great visit! [/B]

I will definitely be checking that site out, thanks for the info..

And I agree, I have always found DL to be an amazing expierence

kikid
12-29-2002, 04:31 AM
we were at DLR for 3 days last year, Jan. 25-28....both parks were empty (of course it was raining) but we had a blast! No lines, all the rides you could stand all the fun one could have. We are going to make this our annual winter event.
Dress warm!

ldsguy
12-29-2002, 11:08 AM
It should be a lot less crowded on the 6th, and even less on the 7th and still less on the 8th, as that is when most schools start back up from winter break.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-31-2002, 09:28 AM
Of course, "when the holidays are officially over" depends on whether you're speaking commercially or liturgically. Liturgically speaking, January 5th is the last day of Christmas, as January 6th is Epiphany. Just as liturgically speaking, Advent is just long enough to include the four Sundays before Christmas.

Commercially speaking, the "Christmas Season" begins sometime in October (or is it September?), these days, and runs through about New Year's Day, or whenever the post-Christmas sales are over.

I, for one, am delighted to see Disneyland's Christmas celebration including all 12 of the 12 Days of Christmas. Even if it is merely an accident of calendar alignment.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-31-2002, 01:32 PM
I feel like I just read a Miss. Manners column...

:-)

shila
01-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Heres my update:

This really was a great day to go. There weren't too many people and the weather was great al day. I think the longest line we waited was for PeterPan and it was about 15-20 mins.

This was my first visit using the fastpass system and I loved it. Tom Sawyer Island wasn't blocked off yet but it was closed off. Also the Jungle Cruise was closed :( and it wans't on the refurb list online.

All in all I had an incredible time and we got to do everything in the park with time to spare. Also we paid 47 and we got the 2 day hopper pass so looks like I'll be returning and going to DCA for the first time.

Anyone know if we can go to DCA and DL on the second visit I thought the CM said we oculd but I'm not sure because the ticket says in very small print that it cannot be used at both parks on the same day? Anyone know?

shila
01-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Of course, "when the holidays are officially over" depends on whether you're speaking commercially or liturgically.

You read too much into the title, I was merely referring to Jan 6th being the first day after the "merriest place on earth" holiday stuff was done. IE. No parade, no fireworks, no HMH etc.

though a lot of the decorations we still up :) and Small World was still runinng. I was glad to see all the lights because I thought they would work thier magic quickly and take it all down in a night

DisneyGuy03
01-08-2003, 12:33 PM
This was my first visit using the fastpass system and I loved it. Tom Sawyer Island wasn't blocked off yet but it was closed off. Also the Jungle Cruise was closed and it wans't on the refurb list online.
Apparently the wind blew a couple of the large trees into the water.

Anyone know if we can go to DCA and DL on the second visit I thought the CM said we oculd but I'm not sure because the ticket says in very small print that it cannot be used at both parks on the same day? Anyone know?
Well, it depends on what ticket you have, if you got the So. Cal discount ticket, then no, you can't. You most likely can go to both on the first day, making it the only day for the pass, basically making your two pass become a one day park hopper....and no they will never word it that way, but that is in escense what it becomes at that point.