PDA

View Full Version : Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Adults

Niwel
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
If I wanted to get a princess hairstyle at BBB would they let me? :)

Niwel
04-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Found it!

Adult makeovers are welcome, however costumes available in children sizes only.

Please tell me I'm not the only "big kid at heart" that wants to do this....

Andrew
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd do it.

MrsGrumpy
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
If I had the extra money, I'd do it.

*sigh*

I'll settle for a haircut from the barber shop in WDW. ;)

DisneyFunFamily4
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I plan on doing this with my girls sometime in the near future....

HopeTrust N PixieDust
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Niwel - I was thinking the same thing! I always see bridal parties having a day in the park, and I thought this would be a fun activity. I hope they don't turn away "older" princesses.

turkeymama
04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm 33 and I did it with my 8 year old in 2007. This was at WDW, but you already found the policy that says it's allowed at DL too.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was so much fun and the CMs really played it up too. Everywhere we went, CMs commented on how "pretty" we were. And there were other adults getting make-overs while I was there. Of course, they were in their 20's and without children, but they still count as grown-ups. ;)

Niwel
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I just called ... it takes 20 minutes-30 minutes to do the basic package. No price difference if you just want the hair. I know I can't get the costume -- and I could live without the makeup. But getting a princess hairdo for the day with a tiara sounds awesome! :fez:

Drince88
04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I'd do it.

If you do it while I'm around, I'll pay for it!

Stichy626
04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I did it last year in WDW at age 40 with my then 13 year-old daughter. We had so much fun. The best part was our photo session with the photopass photogs. They were excited to take pics of "adults" and had us do some fun poses both solo and together. We took about 30 or more pics and I have one blown up in our family room. There was no obligation to buy the photos. We pre-ordered the photopass cd so it was like the pics were free so to speak. We were able to go online and add the BBB logo and other fun graphics to our photos.

I would have passed on the make-up had I known that was an option. I looked like someone who just discovered her mother's make-up kit for the first time. :p We proudly wore our princess hair and makeup (ugh) the rest of the day/night and used it again for the p&p party (hair only) at the end of the week.

On a side note: My "fairy godmother" (stylist) was a participant in the college program. I noticed her name tag said she was from my college alma mater in the SF Bay area. Come to find out, we even went to the same high school some 20+ years apart. It's a small world after all.

ryanvalle
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
i wanna be an adult knight haha..

Boo's Mommy
04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the grown-ups and their princess hair styles? What are the prices again? I am tempted to do that with dd this time!

MrsGrumpy
04-08-2009, 06:18 AM
I would have passed on the make-up had I known that was an option. I looked like someone who just discovered her mother's make-up kit for the first time. :p We proudly wore our princess hair and makeup (ugh) the rest of the day/night and used it again for the p&p party (hair only) at the end of the week.

I love your story, Stichy:)

AVP
04-08-2009, 08:13 AM
What are the prices again? From my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=375):

Girls 3 years old and above can choose from 3 hair styles - Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess - in 3 available packages:

The Coach Package includes hairstyle, shimmering make-up, princess sash, princess cinch sac and body jewels - $44.95, plus tax
The Crown Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels and nail polish - $49.95, plus tax
The Castle Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels, nail polish, princess gown of choice, wand, shoes and portrait package courtesy of Disney's PhotoPass®l Service (assorted prints in themed folder) (Price range determined by the choice of princess gown and shoes.) - Ranges from $195.85 to $205.85

Boo's Mommy
04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks AVP! I should've checked there first!

Sansarc
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd do it, too! But I just want the hair and the tiara, like Stichy said! I have a 12 y/o son, though. He'd probably refuse to be seen with me at the park after that. I can just see it now . . . or rather, I can HEAR him now! So unfair. Maybe I'll do it anyway . . .

Drince88
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I have a 12 y/o son, ...I can HEAR him now! So unfair.
They just announced (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=126511)they're going to have a pirate version in WDW starting in June! (Second post has a link to the Orlando Sentinel article). Maybe if it does well there, they'll migrate that West as well!