PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia Sighting in DCA (12/27)

HBTiggerFan
12-27-2002, 08:13 PM
After the horrible wake-up call I had to cheer myself up, so myself and a fellow padder went to DLR. While walking in DCA we walked by a blond woman and a man. I looked twice, and he looked at the name tag. It was Cynthia Harris. I met her once before at the DL b-day party meet (thanks adrienne...forget which one, so thanks both of you! :) ) but I did not re-introduce myself. We stopped and kept doing double takes and she was speaking with a family answering some questions about the park. The family looked to be on vacation and confused about something and saw a CM name tag, I don't think they realized who she was.

Just wanted to share that she was out in the park (though most likely for the Rose Bowl football teams thingie).

As a side, we saw the Cougars come in the main gate of DCA.

tabacco
12-28-2002, 10:18 AM
She's out in the parks quite a bit, actually.

HBTiggerFan
12-28-2002, 10:28 AM
I know, but it was kinda cool that me and dexter got to see her walking around, cause I have never seen her walkin around like she was before.

ldsguy
12-29-2002, 11:21 AM
You know, if she had seen you and she had met you before, she most likely could call you by name, several people I know that met her once ran into her again and she remembered every one of thier names.....she does care what evweryone thinks, despite that we may sometimes think that she doesn't.

Morrigoon
12-30-2002, 02:09 AM
Cynthia's really cool and totally approachable. She's in the parks way more than Paul ever was.

ldsguy
12-30-2002, 09:39 AM
She also has more brains, now if we could just get rid of those above her that keep shooting things down, "Because it costs too much money" we'd be doing really good, we'd get a lot more stuff, they need to relise that it takes money to make money.

Lacrosse Boy
12-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Why doesn't she get promoted? I think it would be a good idea.:)

HBTiggerFan
12-31-2002, 04:32 PM
many reasons that she doesn't get promoted. Does she even want the promotion? And there is that little issue of the glass ceiling.

DisneyFan25863
12-31-2002, 06:23 PM
I've met her before, and I think she would make a perfect person for a promation when the guy who replaced Pressler (whats his name?) goes to Ikea or Macys or somthing. (We all know it will happen.........It always happens:) ) Not that I don't like him. He's a lot better than Pressler (aka Lessler) :D

bluepearl
01-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Jay Rasulo is the name you're looking for.

But just to chime in, Cynthia is such a nice person. She was seen walking in WoD that same day. I met her at Cast Blast last year and she was completely pleasant and asked us all of our names. She also came in WoD a few months ago and was very polite then too (her assistant greeted all the CMs working as well).

thekirk
01-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I haven't met her - I would really like to meet her. I would love to have lunch with her and talk to her about things going on in Disneyland. There is a lot of explaining that needs to be done. That would be cool if Mouse Planet could get a full exclusive with her. Some other Disneyland site did it, but I don't think it was Mouse Planet.

ldsguy
01-01-2003, 03:23 PM
And there is that little issue of the glass ceiling.
Anything made out glass can be broken ;-)

There is a lot of explaining that needs to be done.
She's not really the one that needs to do the explaining, she comes up with great ideas (her and the people that work for her of course), but most of the time she gets shot down, with "It costs too much money." Or at least that's what we always hear and I am sure in any interview it's what she'd tell us.

JLKirscher
01-01-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm new here, so this may be a very dumb question........
But, who is Cynthia???:confused:

rexfarms
01-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by JLKirscher
I'm new here, so this may be a very dumb question........
But, who is Cynthia???:confused:

A nice lady, President of the DLR. :)