PDA

View Full Version : Hanging out with friends in Disneyland "just because"?

Rkkm
04-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Adrienne's Disneyland Resort Update report on the Big Thunder Ranch re-opening press day got me wondering when she said that Big Thunder Ranch would no longer be a place for friends to gather at week after week "just because" .... where in Disneyland do other groups of friends now meet and hang out on a regular and casual basis? My group likes the French Market. Where do you go?

yohomama212
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Our favorite spot is Rancho del Zocalo. Sometimes Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. We're just getting to the point where we don't feel obligated to ride every attraction every time we're there so we're still trying to find "our spot".

Elizabeth

DisneyDustin22
04-06-2009, 09:33 AM
For myself it's the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage when there is live music.

Bytebear
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Where would the bears have lunch? At the Hungry Bear Restaurant, of course!

foolishmortal
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
When we meet up with friends we Love to hang out at The hungry bear too!
It's cool and somewhat quite.

We used to love to hang out at the French market, but no one likes the new food. So we have went back to the bear.

pretty Omi
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Our spot USED to be the French Market, but since doing away with the fries and french dips we haven't bothered eating there further. Still trying to find a new "spot"

Toocherie
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Shoot--last time we all got what we wanted (some Corn Dogs, some Bengal BBQ) and we met up in Carnation Plaza--lots of empty tables and quiet.

olegc
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
i unfortunately go alone a lot so I tend to prefer busier walkways so I can people watch (like getting a coffee and sitting on main street or in NOS). but I think a great place for folks would also be the end tables near the Stage Door cafe. They are not too busy and you don't impact River Belle too much. They are a little sunny, though (so in the summer it might be an issue).

disneyperson
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
We hang out in NOS and listen to the Royal Street Bachelors.

TowerofTerror
04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
My spot is in front of Rivers of America in New Orleans to wait for Fantasmic

mulansgirl
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Normally we just walk around then when we are hungry we go out to the picnic area then walk around again. Great exercise and if a ride has a short line go for it otherwise just keep walking, just keep walking.

fairestoneofall
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I wish I had a 'spot' at DL....but our spot is Wine Country Trattoria. We like to relax with a glass (or 2) of wine and people watch, or watch the Pixar Play Parade.

PhiSigDuchessCV
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
either Plaza Inn for a full meal or else Golden Horseshoe for a cool drink and maybe some ice cream or mozzarella sticks.