PDA

View Full Version : Bye, bye Disneyland fudge? [It's returned!!!!]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rkkm
04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
(Please excuse if this has been previously discussed - I searched and could not find an entry on this topic.)

Went by the Candy Kitchen on Main Street yesterday, April 5, and was told by the ladies behind the counter that Disneyland has discontinued all but three kinds of fudge: rocky road, cookies and cream, and what one of the sales ladies called "fudge fudge". She said no more Tiger Butter or pumpkin.

Please, someone, tell me this ain't so!:(

Boo's Mommy
04-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Nooooooooo!

SANDYMARIE
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE the Tiger Butter!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :crying: :(

PaperCutter92
04-06-2009, 09:32 AM
WHAT?!!
I was just there on Friday, and they had some out!
NOOOO!!

Tinker Bell
04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
This seems to be and off and on thing. I was at DL in Jan and they said that to us. Then on Feb 9th there was fudge. I hope it does come back.

mommy-san
04-06-2009, 10:01 AM
The fudge with coconut was my favorite, if I can't get it now I have to start sampling other treats to take its place!:crying:
Oh, wait maybe thats not such a bad thing!

Pinkhoody
04-06-2009, 10:22 AM
In that case, I'm glad I took a chance and tried the Tiger Butter last time I was there. I loved it!

Why discontinue something people love? Maybe to turn it into a once-in-a-while treat? Maybe they are going to discontinue making it regularly? We can hope...

mousemom
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope they bring back the peppermint fudge at Christmas. That was my fave!

jcruise86
04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Bwah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaa!

My little plan to replace fudge with organic broccoli is all going according to plan. :~D

(Now if only I hadn't misspelled "excellent" in the title of this post.
Unlike fudge, titles cannot be changed.)

Niwel
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I hope they bring back the peppermint fudge at Christmas. That was my fave!

Me too!

Malcon10t
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I liked all the various flavors, especially the orange cream and peanut butter.... I will be checking on this my next trip!

Second Star
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
You might want to check out Marceline's in DtD too. I don't know if they varying the selection between the two locations.

Katran
04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Tiger Butter is my favorite! I always get one or two boxes of it every trip. :(

Toocherie
04-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I didn't think I would like it, but the pumpkin fudge was yummy! I hope they haven't done away with it!

Maybe this is part of the homogenization of the parks? Or because of the reduction in staff they don't have enough people to make all the flavors?

Katran
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Hopefully it's just temporary then. Whenever I've bought fudge I was always one of many people lined up for various flavors. I can't imagine any of them are not popular enough to justify getting rid of them.

The Evil Queen
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
What is/was Tiger butter?

K & S
04-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I didn't think I would like it, but the pumpkin fudge was yummy! I hope they haven't done away with it!

Maybe this is part of the homogenization of the parks? Or because of the reduction in staff they don't have enough people to make all the flavors?

I eat one piece of fudge a year, pumpkin fudge from Disneyland. Doing away with it is completely unacceptable!

:mad:

mousemommy
04-06-2009, 04:27 PM
it had chocotake fudge on the bottom and white choc/peanut butter fudge swirl on the top. I just recently got pregnant and tiger butter is something I was craving, so we went to downtown disney and they had NONE!!! The lady said that she didn't know if they were going to make it anymore. I also loved the pumpkin fudge and I know that was only served in the fall. We went back to downtown disney yesterday and I went in to Marcelinnes again and no tiger butter...:crying:

If anyone knows anything about this please post!

Katran
04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
What is/was Tiger butter?

It's...mmmm...*drools*...soooo goooooood!!!

I see someone else beat me to the punch on the ingredients, which is good, since except for peanut butter and chocolate I'm not really sure what's it in. I just love it!

Tinkermommy
04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
My pals and I made a stealth trip yesterday to get the big chocolate Easter eggs (as we've done in the past), and couldn't find any anywhere in DCA, DL or DD.

A CM in the Candy Palace told us they aren't making them anymore! :confused:

olegc
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
My pals and I made a stealth trip yesterday to get the big chocolate Easter eggs (as we've done in the past), and couldn't find any anywhere in DCA, DL or DD.

A CM in the Candy Palace told us they aren't making them anymore! :confused:

IMHO this (and the fudge issue) seems to go along with lots of other cuts at the Parks. Only make what sells alot - so no inventory (read COSTS) are carried. this, of course, goes against the whole guest experience idea but for some things the bean counters will always win.

The real tragedy may come this holiday when Candy Canes might get cut too - EGADS! :eek::eek::eek:

Tinker Bell
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
The real tragedy may come this holiday when Candy Canes might get cut too - EGADS! :eek::eek::eek:

Go wash your mouth out for saying such bad words. They cant take the candy canes away. They sell out right when they come out.

kiki
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!! I absoloutly LOVE the fudge!!!! Dont take it away from me!!!!

mswong40
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I was just thinking that maybe Tiger Butter might be sold at Pooh's Corner store. Perhaps they might do a theme and sell it only there?

I have never tried the fudge at Disneyland......but now that I am also pregnant and so far away.....I find myself craving all things Disney!! lol!!

Hopefully they are just making the Pooh's Corner shop the only vendor of Tiger Butter fudge.

Katran
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I was just thinking that maybe Tiger Butter might be sold at Pooh's Corner store. Perhaps they might do a theme and sell it only there?

That would make sense (which almost guarantees they won't do it, lol). As long as I can get it somewhere in the park, I'm happy.

Or maybe I just need to learn how to make it myself. It's just not the same though, is it?