PDA

View Full Version : 9-story ‘four-star’ hotel to go up near Disneyland -- OC Register

Andrew
04-03-2009, 10:41 PM
9-story ‘four-star’ hotel to go up near Disneyland (http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/04/01/9-story-‘four-star-hotel-to-go-up-near-disneyland/7149/) -- OC Register

The Anaheim City Council approved a plan Tuesday night to build a nine-story luxury hotel in the heart of the city’s resort district and, for the first time, authorized the use of city tax incentives to help ensure the hotel is built at “four-star” standards.
The use of tax dollars to help subsidize the project sparked debate among council members, who voted 4-1 in favor of the project.
The Anaheim Resort and Spa will be constructed on 2.5 acres at the southeast corner of Katella Avenue and Harbor Boulevard in the shadow of Disneyland at what has been called the gateway to the resort district.
[...]
The hotel will be built on what is currently two vacant lots and the Zaby’s Motor Lodge.

Niwel
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Did someone say "spa"? :D

mkraemer
04-06-2009, 08:44 AM
"Spa" sounds like music to my ears...no, actually, more like to my poor tired legs after walking all over Disneyland...

Bytebear
04-06-2009, 08:46 AM
It's about time something nice was built on that corner. Yea!

disney_leonard
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
You have to admire their optimism. Garden Walk is not exactly humming with business and has many vacancies but they believe the ecomomy will improve enough to fill the new venture. I hope they are right.