PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Annual Passport Appreciation Days: April 19-25, 2009

Andrew
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Step into Spring with Special Savings and Offers!

April 19 –25, 2009, take advantage of shopping opportunities and savings at participating Downtown Disney®District locations including World of Disney® Store, Disney Vault 28, Marceline's Confectionery as well as special offerings at Build-A-Bear Workshop®, House of Blues®, Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria,
Rainforest Café®, Pearl Factory, and more.

The complete list of savings and offers is attached to this post. The fine print:

Annual Passholder Appreciation Days offers are only available from April 19 –25, 2009 (unless otherwise noted above) at the listed locations. Merchandise offers valid while supplies last. Offers not valid on any previous purchases nor for phone, e-mail or mail orders. Valid Annual Passport must be presented at time of purchase. Separate admission required to enter Disneyland® Resort theme parks. Other restrictions may apply. Information subject to change without notice For additional information visit the special offers page of www.Disneyland.com/AP or www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

K & S
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I didn't know we're appreciated...that's nice.

:)

duhcat22
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
this is crazy! so how does it work?
you just flash your card?

DisneyDustin22
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Unless I missed reading this on the flyer, but does the discount at Word of Disney apply to everything? Including art and figurines, etc?

Andrew
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Unless I missed reading this on the flyer, but does the discount at Word of Disney apply to everything? Including art and figurines, etc?

There's always the nebulous "Other restrictions may apply" clause, but you're right, there's nothing specific about which particular merchandise may or may not be discounted.

Iceman
04-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Boy, Disney does a poor job of marketing. If not for unofficial places like this, I wouldn't hear about most of this stuff.

I am surprised, though, that at least some of the "special discounts" are just the standard ones you always get, like 10% off at Lego.

ryanvalle
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM
So at world of disney, does it take current 10%-15% discounts that APs already get?

stan4d_steph
04-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Not all APs get a merchandise discount at World of Disney though, just Premiums, so this offer would extend the discount to other AP levels, and it is 20% off versus the usual 10% for Premium APs.

I'm going to take advantage of the margarita discount at Tortilla Jo's.

TowerofTerror
04-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Thnats awesome that they are giving a dicount to all levels of AP`s

Pammer
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I didn't see a minimum purchase amount listed (i.e. for World of Disney)...if there isn't one, that would be excellent!

cynthia312
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I also hope there isn't a minimum purchase especially at the World of Disney since that's probably the only place I might go to for souvenirs.

Thanks for the info!

Malcon10t
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Usually, the minimum $10 purchase is enforced.

daveywest
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Is it just me, but don't you think DL management would have wanted to do anything possible to avoid inviting a rush of AP'ers during spring break weeks

AVP
04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Is it just me, but don't you think DL management would have wanted to do anything possible to avoid inviting a rush of AP'ers during spring break weeksThis is technically the week after the peak Spring Break season ends on April 18th.

AVP

cynthia312
04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Usually, the minimum $10 purchase is enforced.

Oh really? That's it? :) Niceee!!!!!

DisneyDustin22
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
So excuse me if I sound a lil annoyed in this post, but so far I've gotten nowhere with my inquiry on this program with actual DL staff.

My question was would the discount apply to ALL merch in the WOD store. The flyer didn't really state if it did or did not apply to things like big figs and art on demand.

So I sent an email asking this in great detail and specifically asking about art pieces, and a few days later received a response that said, complete information is available at this link. Thats it. One sentence. And the link was the flyer. I stated specifically in my email that I was looking for MORE information than the flyer contained.

Then today, I went to WOD and asked a CM at the counter in the art and collectibles area, and she didnt even know of the sale. She just said, well if the flyer went out, then I assume its everything, but we dont hear about this stuff til later. So I asked another CM who looked a bit more like he knew what he was doing. He went in some back room and came back and said, yeah we dont know about the program yet or when its even going to happen. Once we know the dates we'll make an announcement. To which I said, Umm, the dates are already announced. Theyre on the flyer you guys sent out to thousands of guests. Im not asking about dates, Im asking about what would or would not be included. He looked at me like I had two heads.
:confused:

So I give up. Personally that kind of service is reason enough not to make an extra trip out of my way to save another 5%.