PDA

View Full Version : Flowers around Peter Pan's Flight?

Shootingstaar
03-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know what kind of flower is planted around the Peter Pan ride? I tried to attach a link to a picture but I'm not sure if it will work.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/shootingstaar/073.jpg

bennette
03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
They are renuculas. Aren't they beautiful? Just google them to see how they grow and different colors. (That first "u" is pronounced "ah".)

KarenW2
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
The actual name of the flowers is ranunculus. Carlsbad, CA. has a great attraction for people to see - the Flower Fields. They have several kinds of flowers including these in all colors, roses, etc. They make beautiful photos!!

Here's a link to their site: http://www.theflowerfields.com/

adriennek
04-01-2009, 07:15 AM
There are a lot of ranunculus available this year at both Home Depot and Lowe's. Or at least there were a couple of weeks ago.

Adrienne

candles71
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Our Walmart even had a large selection of them. I like to roll that word around on my tongue.:)

DisneyFunFamily4
04-02-2009, 05:52 AM
The actual name of the flowers is ranunculus. Carlsbad, CA. has a great attraction for people to see - the Flower Fields. They have several kinds of flowers including these in all colors, roses, etc. They make beautiful photos!!

Here's a link to their site: http://www.theflowerfields.com/

I love the Flower fields in Carlsbad, I keep meaning to take the kids and take pictures, I remember when they only charged $2 to get in...

CV12Pirate
04-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Pretty flower. Name crackes me up though, sounds like some sort of stomach disorder. Sorry, can't make it... I got the Ranunculus. :eek:

tod
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know what kind of flower is planted around the Peter Pan ride? I tried to attach a link to a picture but I'm not sure if it will work.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/shootingstaar/073.jpg

Couldn't the landscaping department at Disneyland give a hand here? I believe Disneyland has a listed number...

--t

mowsluver
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I have been trying to figure out what smells so sweet right outside of Bugs Life Show in CA.
It almost smells like lavender but I don't believe it is. It is very sweet smelling! I even thought it might be the trees but there are no flowers on them....

adriennek
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I have been trying to figure out what smells so sweet right outside of Bugs Life Show in CA.
It almost smells like lavender but I don't believe it is. It is very sweet smelling! I even thought it might be the trees but there are no flowers on them....

Aren't there a bunch of citrus trees there?? They don't smell like lavender but the citrus trees are starting to bloom and, IMO, it's one of the sweetest smells there is. I love the smell of citrus blooms. They're very strong.

Adrienne

mowsluver
04-03-2009, 09:03 AM
I will have to check that out. There is an intersection here in our town that has that very strong sweet smell too, but I haven't noticed any trees there. I keep wanting to stop and investigate but the area is fenced off...
Now I just may have to pull over and get out and look!

We must have looked pretty crazy walking around sniffing at dl!!!

UsBurchs
04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I've never much been into the smells of So. CA (smog, etc), but I'd like to experience the citrus and such that everyone is experiencing at the moment! Sounds lovely!!! Can clouds smell? 'Cause that's all I smell up here! Gray, gloomy clouds. A little sunny, citrus-y Disney would smell so nice right now!

Bytebear
04-03-2009, 09:33 AM
There are large strawberry fields scattered around Southern California (often in the most unusual locations, like near freeway off ramps), and I drive past several on my way to work, and there is a time when the smell is absolutely amazing. But you have to endure the smell of fertilizer before the strawberries grow.

CariBelle
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM
We've got lots of sweet smells right now here in the Central Valley! I mean, we do on the days they can overpower the smog LA "shares" with us.

Drince88
04-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I think the sweet olive trees around here are in bloom, which are very very sweet, but I don't think I'd compare them to lavender. I don't know if they even grow in Southern Cal, though. There was another sweet smelling tree that grew a lot in Eastern Washington, too - but I think that was summer-blooming and I can NOT remember the name of it. Crud, now I have to go figure out what that three was...

The old man
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I love the Flower fields in Carlsbad, I keep meaning to take the kids and take pictures, I remember when they only charged $2 to get in...
I remember when it was free.

CV12Pirate
04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Driving past Harris Ranch Stockyards... It's not so much the smell, it's the burning of the eye's!

DisneylandDad
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I remember when it was free.

Wow you are old ;)

Driving past Harris Ranch Stockyards... It's not so much the smell, it's the burning of the eye's!

I never understood how or why they would build a restaurant there but I guess some peoples appetites are triggered by different smells
:eek:

The old man
04-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow you are old ;)

Yeah, I believe it was 19 aught 4.

nbaum
04-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I think the sweet olive trees around here are in bloom, which are very very sweet, but I don't think I'd compare them to lavender. I don't know if they even grow in Southern Cal, though. There was another sweet smelling tree that grew a lot in Eastern Washington, too - but I think that was summer-blooming and I can NOT remember the name of it. Crud, now I have to go figure out what that three was...

They do grow in SoCal. The development my parents live in have them everywhere.

CariBelle
04-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow you are old ;)

I never understood how or why they would build a restaurant there but I guess some peoples appetites are triggered by different smells
:eek:

Because it's the freshest beef you'll ever get! haha