PDA

View Full Version : DCA New Years Eve 2002

ChaseFresno
12-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what I can do to plan for New Years Eve at DCA. I want to spend New Years Eve there and both myself and my wife are AP Holders.

We live in Fresno, CA and about 3 Hours away. We wont be able to get to Anaheim until about 6PM or so, so my basic question is...will be be able to get in? Any tips to follow? Any Help?

Thanks,
Chase Nunes

ChaseFresno
12-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Looking for help here! :)

Baloo
12-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Well from just looking at the entertainment brochures and large promotional signs at the resort it looks like the new years celebration are being directed mostly to DCA this year.

Most of the party hats and favors will be given away at 7:00pm.
In past years Disneyland got extremely packed and would close its gates early in the evening. I am not sure how it would affect DCA. If Disneyland does get to capacity they will re-direct ticket holders to DCA and would probably have a one to one admission rate. meaning that for every person leaving the park one would be admitted in. The line up of entertainment for DCA should make a great night to spend at that park and will most likely feel less crowded because of its wide walk areas. Also DCA will most likely have a better party atmosphere since lots of people would prefer to call in the new year with a glass of wine or a nice cold beer or margarita.

According to the Latimes Disneyland will offfer its traditional New Years fireworks show in Tommorowland at midnight but will also have its believe firwork show earlier in the night. DCA is also suppose to offer fireworks at around midnight in the Paradise Bay lagoon but i am not sure how elaborate they will be.

I would go ahead and take the chance and visit the resort and if the parks are at capacity you would still be able to enjoy the party atmosphere in DTD then try to enter DCA through the hotel entrance

mriverej6
12-28-2002, 04:43 AM
so then, technically, wouldnt the day end up being like a giant park hop after 7 pm?

since DL will be at a one in one out process, that they would rather have everyone else go to DCA?

is that a possibility?

it seems that may happen.

just curious to what everyone else thinks

The P.O.P.
12-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Baloo
In past years Disneyland got extremely packed and would close its gates early in the evening. I am not sure how it would affect DCA. If Disneyland does get to capacity they will re-direct ticket holders to DCA and would probably have a one to one admission rate. meaning that for every person leaving the park one would be admitted in.

FYI - If you have a Premium pass, they cannot deny you entry. It is unrestricted during normal operating hours (NYE is a special day, but does not require a special purchase ticket). We went the day after Xmas two years ago and the signs said "Disneyland is Full - Sorry We are Closed". No one was even allowed in the parking structure. But because we had the Premium passes, they had to let us in, and did without a fuss. :)

Baloo
12-28-2002, 03:11 PM
You are right P.O.P. i forgot to mention that people with AP's are still allowed to go in unless of course you have a blackout day.
That is the reason that the park is considered to capacity eventhough it might not be at capacity but very close to it. They are taking into consideration any passholders that might show up
in the afternoon hours

ldsguy
12-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Actually in the stuff they hand out when you get your pass, it states that the pass does not guarantee Admission if the park is full.....but as a general rule they do account for Passholders showing up....but the parks may get to a one to one ratio and passholders are subject to this if they deem it nescesary, yesterday both parks got to this point, with the exception of those who already had Annaul Passes good for yesterday would be my guess, as I had not rouble re-entering after the announcement came that they were doing this at both parks. And they had of course stopped selling tickets. But for New Years Eve, I would recomend:

1. Getting there as early as you can.

2. Plan on only being able to go to DCA if you get there after 4:30(When I entered the timon lot, they handed me a list of events for NYE by mistake, not sure why though and there is a ton of stuff going on in DL, but all the signs and everything are up, trying to get people into DCA, as last year DCA was fairly uncrowded compared to DL)

3. For those that are there before 4:30, make sure you are in the park that you want to stay in before 4:30, as they may stop park hopping after 4:30 (After reading another post on here, I asked if they might do this and they said yes)

4. For best viewing of the Fireworks from DCA (Not there most likely won't be music for the fireworks, but there might be in DCA) view from Paradise Pier, Pacific Wharf, also near the Tortilla Factory, there are other locations as well, these are the ones that I know of.

5. Avoid the parking structure, they have been letting all APs with parking benefits park in any lot, even if they are not redirecting to there, if you don't care about walking a little bit, Timon is a good lot, but I would reccomend Pumbaa or Buzz Light Year Lots if they are available when you get there, as the Lion King Tram (aka Timon only tram) and the Mickey and Friends tram both stop running at about midnight until 1:30 am and the tram routes become walkways. Pumbaa and Buzz Light Year lot shuttles are run by Coach USA and do not stop running until either fo the following is true: the last car leaves or one hour after Disneyland closes.

6. Remember that it will be extremely crowsed, sobe prepared.

7. Have fun.

Well, I was there last year and this is pretty much how it went and looks like ti will go that way again, if all parking lots are completely full, try looking behind Mimi's Cafe, there's a park and ride that you can walk in from. But when I was there I had a they had five showings of Blast! and the touring cast was there, as it was thier night off and I had a Blast! (pun definitely intended)....there are only four showings of Aladdin though, but I would definitely reccomend planning on seeing at least one, as it will be fairly cold and could be raining quite a bit this year.

ChaseFresno
12-30-2002, 01:11 PM
What if I get there at like 6PM or 7PM?

What should I do then?

What is the best plan of attack?

ldsguy
12-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Well, my paln of attack still shoudl work fairly well, just adjust a bit...

The absolute most important is avoid the parking structure, if at all humanly possible.

Also, don't plan on being able to park hop, plan on which ever park you enter being the one you will need stay at, this may or may not be the case, but I was told that this is a possibility that after 4:30 or so you may not be able to park hop, presumably to leave room for those such as yourself that aren't getting there til later.

Numbers 2-4 remain unchanged, you may very well only be able to go to DCA, but we'll have to see what happens there.

Ultimately just know that it's going to be extremely crowded, that you aren't coming for the attractins, but rather the atmosphere for New Years Eve, it should be a bit calmer New Years Day, if you are going to stay the night at a hotel. If you really want to go on anything New Years Eve, remember Fastpass is your friend, assuming it's not sold out by then.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-31-2002, 01:09 PM
Heads up everyone - I just came back from the Resort as I had to purchase a ticket for a friend and get Aladdin fast pass tickets (12-31-02 1:00PM). At 1:00PM they still have quiet a few fastpasses for the 6:15 show which is a good sign.

I asked the cast memeber selling tickets at the entrance if he thought we would have a problem getting in around 7ish.

He told me word is that due to the weather - crowds are smaller than projected and if this keeps up - they will probably let everyone in all evening.

lilblckrncloud
01-06-2003, 10:30 PM
I thought I would tack this on to this thread since technically it is a question about DCA on New Year's Eve.

I was hoping someone could tell me the name of the guy who was the emcee at the "Block Party" dance location that night at DCA. He is the same guy who was the emcee at the beginning of the CHOC Walk back in October. He looked so familiar then and I never figured out who he was, and then we saw him again on New Year's and it has been bugging me ever since. I feel like he used to host a children's game show, or something of that nature.

Anyone have any clue?? :confused: