PDA

View Full Version : Visiting DCA tomorrow

RickW
12-26-2002, 06:47 PM
We are treating my Mother, brother, sister-in-law and 16 year old nephew to DCA tomorrow. Our PAP's will ease the bite a little, but we won't be able to park hop. Which leads me to my question. Is there anywhere outside the Disneyland berm where we can see Believe? I'm sure there will be plenty to keep us busy in DCA, but it might be nice to see the fireworks also. Thanks in advance for your help.

Lost Boy
12-26-2002, 07:55 PM
The fireworks can be seen from just about anywhere outside the berm that gives you a clear view into the Park. You won't hear the music, but they are high enough that from the center of the plaza area between the two Main Entrances you should be able to see them.

Be sure to try and get tickets to see Aladdin. It's very well done and worth the wait in line. Go to the Mezzanine Level and try to get center section seats. That is the best view of the stage and the flying carpet sequence.

Also the Muppet Show and Tought to be a Bug are excellent, even if you have seen them in Florida.

Have a geat day!

Not Afraid
12-26-2002, 08:03 PM
It is a bit of a treck, but one of the most spectacular places to see Believe outside the berm is from the 6th floor of the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage. No music (unless you bring a CD player;) ) But a great shot of the open sky and some very loud BOOMS.

RickW
12-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the input. I see that Believe is scheduled for fifteen minutes before DCA closes, so that may work out to be good timing. I have often wondered about Mickey & Friends for the fireworks. Maybe we'll check that out tomorrow!

ldsguy
12-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Well, if you want to hear the music, get near The Disneyladn Hotel, they play the music there and you can see quite well if you are by or in the closed off street. Also, near Paradise Pier has a great view from inside DCA. THanks to having the schedule for both parks on the map, it's easy to get the schedule.

Baloo
12-27-2002, 07:11 PM
I suggest you view the fireworks from the sun court. Take a seat next to the sandcastle and the fireworks would be visible from that area. The Golden Gate bridge icon actually frames the fireworks and you still get to hear the music that is being played in that area. You are also close enough to hear the explosions and see some of the fireworks that explode around the castle.

ldsguy
12-29-2002, 11:07 AM
Yeah, but then you don't get to hear the music for the fireworks show......it's not that big of a deal, but they do indeed broadcast the music for Believe! into the DL Hotel.