PDA

View Full Version : Blake Lively on Letterman

doublewide77
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Did anyone else catch her on Letterman Tuesday night? She told a story about being banned from DLR for 1 year. Said she went twice a week as a kid. Something about she and her brother would sneak into the park by transferring hand stamps from others.

The interesting part, they (ages about 6 and 12 at the time) were taken backstage and detained for awhile. Wondering if such treatment is even legal with kids, not sure.

Said she's looking forward to going back legally soon during a break in her show!

ralfrick
03-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Did anyone else catch her on Letterman Tuesday night?

Don't even know who she is

Malcon10t
03-25-2009, 08:06 AM
The interesting part, they (ages about 6 and 12 at the time) were taken backstage and detained for awhile. Wondering if such treatment is even legal with kids, not sure.Detained? Probably detained until parents could be found. Legal? Perfectly. If a child is shoplifting, you don't think the store has the right to stop them and hold them for police? Its the same thing.

(And I too have no clue who she is.)

underthesea1987
03-25-2009, 08:16 AM
She is "bee" in the traveling pants movies and she is one of the main characters in Gossip Girl

Blake Lively (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515116/)

Second Star
03-25-2009, 08:24 AM
... Something about she and her brother would sneak into the park by transferring hand stamps from others.

I didn't think she'd be old enough for that old chestnut to still work. I have to admit in my younger years, we did the same thing here in NorCal at Great America when it first opened. One weekend we had 35 people in the park on one ticket. Work fine until a gate person noticed one of the stamps was backwards. I think that would explain why - today- even if you get you hand stamped, you still need a ticket to get back into the park.

Side note: I only know the name because I have teenage daugthers. I think she's on one of those "reality" shows like The Hill.

olegc
03-25-2009, 08:29 AM
i was detained once by security. my friends and i were shooting spitwads from the Peoplemover (c'mon, I was 12 - give me a break!). Parents were not around so they held us for a while and then let us go. These days with cell phones it's probably easier to locate a parent - BUT - many local teens probably get dropped of by parents at the pickup lot on Harbor and then meet up with their folks at closing (or whenever). So they are on their own in the park.

Teenagers breaking rules and running amok in Disneyland? GHASTLY! :eek:

(please read irony in that last line).

missm
03-25-2009, 04:30 PM
One of my boyfriends friends tried to sneak off of Pirates while in the park for their senior trip (back in 96). He managed to jump out of the boat and get on one of the areas inside. He was detained in a small room with Disney characters painted on the wall. He refers to it as Disney jail. Since he was there without a guardian they contacted his dad over the phone (he was 17). They tried to ban him for life. How can they tell if you are banned from the park?

bananaman20
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I was on a school trip a couple of years ago at DL, and I was detained by security after accidentally setting off a security sensor on Space Mountain, which they had to evacuate the ride for. The ride was down for almost the rest of the day, and I felt really bad. Since I wasn't with my parents, the security lady interviewed me and asked me for personal information and why I was at DL. Then she called my mom (who was still at home, two hours away), and my chaperon. She then took away my ticket and I had to stay with my chaperon until the end of the day. The security guard said if I was over 18 then I would have been kicked out of the park.

I think that Disney does a good job dealing with their rule breakers, but that they need to have more security around to keep an eye on those that do break the rules, no matter what they look like.

disneyochem
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
OMG! This thread brought back memories for me! Back in 1979 at my high school's Grad Night, a classmate of mine was caught shopplifting in one of the stores on Main Street. She got detained by Disney, one of our chaperons had to stay back with her--both of whom missed our flight back to Northern California. She was able to come back the next day--told me that she was banned from DL for a year. Don't know if that was the truth or if she thought it was 'cool' to say so. All I remember thinking is how stupid she was since not only did she miss graduation ceremonies but the rest of the night in Disneyland!

DisneyDork69
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes I saw the Letterman show...how embarassing to admit that on national TV!!!....and do yo think Disney will let her back in now after she explained, in great detail, how she and her brothers used to scam Disneyland??....wow what nerve.....no wonder she is a 'Gossip' girl it seems to fit her perfectly.....Jon C