PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dragon

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Daddy of 4
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
We were at the park on Sat night and when Malicifent (sp) was to change into the dragon... SHE DID NOT!!! weep weep!!! We are planning another trip over th weekend of April 24th and are curious if the new dragon will be ready by then? :cool:

DisneylandDad
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Show will be dark at that time or at least that is what the schedule says

Bytebear
03-24-2009, 07:41 PM
That happens sometimes when the dragon mechanics just aren't working right. I don't think it is related to the new dragon. it was just a technical hiccup.

EeyoreGirl
03-25-2009, 06:08 AM
We "watched" Fantasmic from the side near BTMRR Saturday night. I overheard a guy standing behind us say that the dragon had been sold online for charity and that DL was getting a new dragon. Not sure if that's true or not. Guy seemed pretty knowledgable about Disney stuff though.

AZImmortal
03-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Can someone tell me what Maleficent did instead of turning into a dragon? Did the transformation just stop with her growing very tall?

S S Columbia
03-25-2009, 08:01 AM
At another forum (link (http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/113376-fantasmic-its-dragon.html)), someone mentioned that the dragon was not part of the show during the March 14/15 weekend.

They were saying that the dragon has already been removed, and work has already started to install the new dragon.

HTH :)

Disneyland1955
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I will be going the same time that you are Disney Daddy of 4. and fantasmic is not even scedualed to be going on that weekend. weep weep! unless you know something that I dont then that would make me very happy.

~Ash~

houseofmouse
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
the dragon was not part of the show Friday either. I have a friend who is there and said it was weird without it.

wwomant
03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Fantasmic is going down at the end of this month for refurb, and is supposed to be down for about 2 months.

houseofmouse
03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Then the new dragon will be back by the time the refurb is done. :) We won't be there until June anyway, so cannot wait to see what the "new" dragon is like.

Bytebear
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Can someone tell me what Maleficent did instead of turning into a dragon? Did the transformation just stop with her growing very tall?

she grows tall, and just waves her hands around a lot.

Tan Da Man
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I was there in mid-Feb. and there was no dragon, it was the first time I had watched the show in a long time and thought something was missing.

disneylandgirl
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
It wasn't even there on March 7th. It was very weird without it! It was just the evel queen on a big "stilt".

danyoung
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I saw the show once a few years ago when the dragon was missing. It's really a huge hole in the show, with the witch up high on the elevator, waving her arms and screaming, and then nothing else till the film comes up. I've always wondered about omissions like this, and whether it wouldn't be better to just can the show till all parts are working.

Katlovett
03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I saw the show once a few years ago when the dragon was missing. It's really a huge hole in the show, with the witch up high on the elevator, waving her arms and screaming, and then nothing else till the film comes up.
I certainly agree. The sequencing of the scenes builds up to the fire-breathing dragon as the big climax and now it is, well, somewhat anti-climactic. We really miss the dragon! (I miss the inflatable Ursula too!)

I've always wondered about omissions like this, and whether it wouldn't be better to just can the show till all parts are working.
We still enjoy the show. The last time we went, we splurged on the $50 per person for priority seating before we knew about the missing dragon issue, and maybe I would have waited until the dragon was back if I had known. But we still like the show. The synchronized firework parts are pretty spectacular all by themselves, and we like the music, and Peter Pan's ship, and the character steamboat.

Katprint

disneylandgirl
03-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Speaking of PS for F!, I heard when I was there that all you get with it now is a cookie, no more dinner. What's up with that?

mickey4ever
03-28-2009, 08:43 AM
How long is the show to be dark? We will be here the first week of May, and it does not show it on the calendar.:(

Malcon10t
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Speaking of PS for F!, I heard when I was there that all you get with it now is a cookie, no more dinner. What's up with that?It has never had dinner in DL. You get more than a cookie though! We had Creme' Brulee, the strawberry shortbread cookie, Biscotti, cheese, crackers, grapes, and more (we couldn't eat even half the food) along with sodas/coffee/hot chocolate/water.

teafour2
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
It has never had dinner in DL. You get more than a cookie though! We had Creme' Brulee, the strawberry shortbread cookie, Biscotti, cheese, crackers, grapes, and more (we couldn't eat even half the food) along with sodas/coffee/hot chocolate/water.

when did you have the creme brulee ?yummmmmmmmmm

teafour2
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
It has never had dinner in DL. You get more than a cookie though! We had Creme' Brulee, the strawberry shortbread cookie, Biscotti, cheese, crackers, grapes, and more (we couldn't eat even half the food) along with sodas/coffee/hot chocolate/water.

sorry double post

Malcon10t
03-28-2009, 04:46 PM
December. I am sorry it won't be available when we are there in a couple weeks.

DisneylandDad
03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
How long is the show to be dark? We will be here the first week of May, and it does not show it on the calendar.:(

Not sure of the exact date myself. I have heard Fantasmic starts up again in early June. If I am mistaken, I am sure someone will correct this and may even have a more definite restart date.

Mickeygirlforever
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Fantasmic without Dragon is lame. The Dragon's my favorite part. What's up with the new dragon though? What will be new about it?
I miss the inflatable ursula too!! I didn't think anyone else would remember that! Now when she does her monologue it seems so long and out of place because that's where she used to come out. Why did they remove her??

disneylandgirl
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM

Ohhhhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I would love to do that someday.

spectromen
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Why did they remove her??

She wasn't removed - she was forced into early retirement due to needing expensive repairs that they decided weren't worth it. It was my favorite part :crying: but there will be a replacement in that section coming soon (not a new Ursula, but new Flotsam & Jetsam)