PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland announces new Summer promotion: Stay 3, Get 2 Free

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
From my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=378):

We've just received word of Disneyland's new Summer promotion, which offers 5 nights at a Disneyland Resort or Good Neighbor Hotel and 5 days of theme park admission for the price of three. Kimberly Fiddler at MousePlanet Sponsor GetAwayToday.com posted details of the offer in her Blog this afternoon (link (http://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2009/03/24/2-Days-and-Nights-FREE-at-the-Disneyland-Resort-Th.aspx)), and calls it "the best summer offer ever at the Disneyland Resort!"

The promotion is valid for travel between April 1st - September 26th, 2009, though the discounts do not apply to Good Neighbor Hotels until May 1st.

The ticket-only offer gives you 2 extra days of park admisison when you purchase a 3-Day or longer Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Ticket. This means your 3-day ticket becomes a 5-day ticket.

The Disneyland Resort Hotel offer gives you 2 free nights when you book 3 or more nights between April 1st - September 26th, 2009 at the Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel or the Paradise Pier Hotel.

The Good Neighbor Hotel offer gives you 2 free nights when you 3 or more nights between May 1st - September 26th, 2009 at a participating Good Neighbor Hotel.

As with any offer, there's a lot of fine print:

Offer is valid for bookings from 3/24/09 through 8/11/09 and for arrivals from 5/1/09 though 9/26/09 with travel being completed by 10/1/09. Upon the purchase of a 3-night package, with 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets, at a participating hotel, two (2) consecutive free nights will be added to the hotel stay and two (2) days added to the tickets. Limited to two (2) free nights per package/reservation and not valid for previously booked rooms. Check for offers associated with longer night stays. The Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets expire 13 days after first day of use or 10/13/09, whichever occurs first, and each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes. Offers subject to availability and blockout dates; advance reservations required. Not valid with any other discount or promotion. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. ©Disney
Contact your travel agent for assistance. All travel must be booked by August 11, 2009 to receive this offer. AAA members should also check with their AAA travel agent for special AAA-only offers, including free parking.

teafour2
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I talked to a get away today gal and she quoted me a fantastic rate, problem was she could onyl give me the clarion as a motel choice. thats so weird so I had to turn her down. the deal was great but the clarion has some bad reviews. and is farther down then I want to walk.

Malcon10t
03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
So, I am plotting my birthday trip... So I pop the dates in and some really good rates come up for DLH. My AP will have expired so I could use the park tickets to buy my AP. So, I mention to MDM and Youngest, "Rates look pretty good for DLH for my birthday?" Both are "Mom, seriously, do we have toooooooo???" How many parents have to fight their kids with staying onsite! Not even sure why I am looking to stay there. I really do like Carousel/Hojos/Hilton, et al... better.

DebT
03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
AVP thanks for posting the info!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for the deals to go past 4/30. Just booked our DLR vacation in May through Costco!! Yeah!!!

Drince88
03-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Hmmm, might have to consider this for the half marathon!

disney1502
03-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I was planning on going to Monterey, CA for DH and my wedding anniversary, but I MIGHT have to reconsider now and celebrate a little early! This sounds like a great deal!:eek:

Rockchalker
03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
We have reservations for September and December at HoJo, but this is intriguing....

Sounds like a girls weekend for me!!

And I have furlough days and more money that I expected from taxes!!!!

houseofmouse
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
The ticket-only offer gives you 2 extra days of park admisison when you purchase a 3-Day or longer Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Ticket. This means your 3-day ticket becomes a 5-day ticket.

I forsee big crowds this summer with this new promotion!!

Too bad my DH only needs a 2 day this summer!

Do you have to have tickets to use the hotel promotion? We have AP's except hubby so no need for tickets but might be fun to try to stay on site once. :)

AVP
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Do you have to have tickets to use the hotel promotion? We have AP's except hubby so no need for tickets but might be fun to try to stay on site once. :)Check with your travel agent, because I'm getting conflicting information from two different agencies about this. I'm trying to get some clarification.

I also want to add a couple of bits of info I've heard about this offer:

The ticket offer is only available for tickets purchased in advance of your trip. You can not walk up to the Disneyland Resort ticket booths and buy the ticket there. The tickets are available on the Disneyland Web site.
Not all of the Good Neighbor Hotels are offering 2 free nights, some are still only participating in the Stay 3, get 1 offer.
AVP

Second Star
03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
The ticket offer is only available for tickets purchased in advance of your trip. You can not walk up to the Disneyland Resort ticket booths and buy the ticket there. The tickets are available on the Disneyland Web site.
AVP

Cool! :)

We are staying at the GCH on DVC dev points in June, and I've got to PAPs to initiate as part of that buy. But, we're taking 4 teenage girl too (yeah I know, I'm nuts :eek:), so this should save me a little more money to spend in the parks. :)

Thanks!

SMTHGANG5
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
ive allready booked this deal i was booked at comfort inn but now were able to stay at pardice pier of only 100 dollars more im very excited we booked thru getaway

AVP
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Do you have to have tickets to use the hotel promotion? We have AP's except hubby so no need for tickets but might be fun to try to stay on site once. :)According to Kim at Get Away Today:

Annual passholders can get the 2 nights free at any of the participating Good Neighbor Hotels, but not at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.

Hope this helps!

AVP

fairestoneofall
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
If you book with tickets, could you use your tickets to renew your AP's? We're already booked the 1st week of Sept. My DH is running the Disneyland Half Marathon and our AP's expire the week after???

AVP
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
If you book with tickets, could you use your tickets to renew your AP's? We're already booked the 1st week of Sept. My DH is running the Disneyland Half Marathon and our AP's expire the week after???I believe yes, subject to the following:

Your AP has to have less than 40 days left on it on the date you renew.
You have to upgrade before or on the day you use the 5th and final day of the ticket.
AVP

fairestoneofall
03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I believe yes, subject to the following:

Your AP has to have less than 40 days left on it on the date you updgrade.
You have to upgrade before or on the day you use the 5th and final day of the ticket.
AVP
We would be renewing, not upgrading....is that OK? Our trip is 9/3-9/8 our AP's expire 9/13.

AVP
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh darn, I mistyped - yes, 40 days left when you renew.

AVP

AVP
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
OK, this gets even more confusing. I'm sorry for posting conflicting information, but I've received a slightly different version of the promotion from each one of the MousePlanet-sponsor travel agencies I've spoken with about the offer:

At least some of the agencies CAN book room-only packages at both the Disneyland Resort Hotels and/or the Good Neighbor Hotels. At this point, and until everyone can agree on what the offer really is, I'd say if your preferred agency can't book a room-only package for you and that's what you really need, call another agency:

Get Away Today (said they can book hotel-only packages at Good Neighbor Hotels only)
800-523-6116
www.getawaytoday.com (http://www.getawaytoday.com/)

Mouse Ears Vacations
800-886-8601
www.mouseearvacations.com (http://www.mouseearvacations.com/)

Small World Vacations (said they can book hotel-only packages at Disneyland Resort Hotels only)
http://www.smallworldvacations.com/

AAA members should also check with their AAA travel agent for special AAA-only offers, including free parking. (AAA says they can not book hotel-only packages at all)

alabama princesses
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I just booked our vacation! We are going June 20 - 25. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and our whole trip(hotel and tickets) is being paid for with Disney Visa Rewards points!!! I've been saving for several years. Also, my birthday is June 21st! I can't wait to hear how the birthday fastpass works. Have any of you used it? This is our first trip to Disneyland. I'm so excited! My 3 girls are thrilled.

1nolbear
03-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I was able to book through Disney Travel this afternoon. We are AP holders and when I asked if we could book without tickets, she said no, then hold on. She came back on and said yes, they could, but we had to book the whole package with tickets and then give her every AP pass number and they took the tickets back out! It was a long process but totally worth it; we are staying at GCH May 8-13! Yeah!

AVP
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
I can't wait to hear how the birthday fastpass works. Have any of you used it?You'll be shown a list of FastPass attractions, divided into two groups. You get to choose two attractions from each list, so two from the "Daisy" group and two from the "Donald" group. You'll then get FastPass access for your party size, up to 6 people, for those four attractions.

I've been told that you may receive more than four FastPasses, depending on how busy it is projected to be on the day you visit. If it's a really busy day you'll get four, if it's a slow day you may get as many as 6. (No, that doesn't make any sense to me either)

AVP

houseofmouse
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
What are the chances for July? I know it is a busy time.
I could not find any links on Smallworld travel for this deal.

AVP
03-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I could not find any links on Smallworld travel for this deal.Mouse Ear Vacations and Small World have not yet updated their Web site with this offer, but you can contact an agent at either place for help.

AVP

fairestoneofall
03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
I was able to book through Disney Travel this afternoon. We are AP holders and when I asked if we could book without tickets, she said no, then hold on. She came back on and said yes, they could, but we had to book the whole package with tickets and then give her every AP pass number and they took the tickets back out! It was a long process but totally worth it; we are staying at GCH May 8-13! Yeah!
What number did you call for that? I'm on HOLD, HOLD, HOLD!!!

houseofmouse
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Mouse Ear Vacations and Small World have not yet updated their Web site with this offer, but you can contact an agent at either place for help.

AVP

AVP- i cannot get a phone number for Small World as you have to request a quote first. I will try to mouse ears.:)

AVP
03-25-2009, 02:15 PM
AVP- i cannot get a phone number for Small World as you have to request a quote first. I will try to mouse ears.:)Right, they assign you to a local agent after you fill out the request-a-quote form.

AVP