PDA

View Full Version : Blockout ticket prices

Nancy
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Has the price of AP blockout day tickets gone up?

stan4d_steph
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
The price is currently $40.

Nancy
03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Thank you!

CariBelle
03-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Is the blackout ticket available at Guest Services? It's been so long since I've gone on a Saturday that I forget! lol

EeyoreGirl
03-27-2009, 06:20 AM
You have to buy it at the ticket booth on the blackout day. That's what we've always done anyway.

stan4d_steph
03-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Is the blackout ticket available at Guest Services?You can buy it at Guest Services or at a ticket booth.

CariBelle
03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks! I thought I had went to GS last time. I'll be the only one in our group that has to buy a ticket at the park and I'm trying to cut down any wait time that I can.

soccerlady16
03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
If you renew your pass on a blackout day do you get to go in?

soccerlady16
03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
What if you UPGRADE you pass on a blackout day? Do you get to go in?

Bytebear
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, you get in if you upgrade. You can also buy a blackout ticket, and then at the end of the day, use the ticket as part of the upgrade price. (double check this with upgrades to Deluxe, but I know it's true for Premium upgrades). Also, if parking is added to your pass (automatically if you go Premium) then you can use your parking stub toward the price of the upgrade.

cstephens
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
What if you UPGRADE you pass on a blackout day? Do you get to go in?

Only if you upgrade to a pass that doesn't have that day as a blackout day. If that day is a blackout day for the upgraded pass level, you still wouldn't be allowed in without a blackout day ticket.

Seashellmama
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Only if you upgrade to a pass that doesn't have that day as a blackout day. If that day is a blackout day for the upgraded pass level, you still wouldn't be allowed in without a blackout day ticket.

But you can apply the cost of the blackout ticket to the upgrade, regardless of whether the new pass is blacked out that day (and in the case of socal select to socal, the difference is then $0, so it costs nothing beyond the blackout pass to upgrade to the socal pass from the socal select, even in the middle of the summer when both are blacked out). At least you could last year...

Autopia Guy
03-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Basically, as long as the Upgrade to you Pass is $40 or more and it IS NOT to upgrade to your current pass + parking, you can go in the parks that day. The reason behind the not allowing Parking as a valid Block Out Upgrade is because it wouldn't matter if your pass had parking that day or not, it would still be blocked.

So, yes, when you go to the Ticket Booths to purchase your Block Out Ticket, see how much it would be to just upgrade. A lot of people who have SoCal Selects are always surprised that it gets them the next level of pass as well as into the parks that day.

Keep in mind as well that you need to upgrade your pass THAT DAY though. Block Out Tickets lose their $40 value (ie, it has been used up) at the end of the operating day, just like all 1-Day tickets and all Multi-day tickets on their last day of use/expiration date.

Katlovett
03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
But you can apply the cost of the blackout ticket to the upgrade, regardless of whether the new pass is blacked out that day (and in the case of socal select to socal, the difference is then $0, so it costs nothing beyond the blackout pass to upgrade to the socal pass from the socal select, even in the middle of the summer when both are blacked out). At least you could last year...
That is EXACTLY what we recently did for my niece and nephew (who live in so.cal) when we went in March 2009. Initially we were going to just buy the blockout ticket for them because they had the lesser so.cal pass, but the upgrading to the better pass for free was recommended by the cast member in the ticket booth - we didn't think of it on our own.

Nancy
04-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Will they let you buy a blockout ticket on your birthday and use the $69 birthday ticket money for food or gifts?

disneylandgirl
04-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Will they let you buy a blockout ticket on your birthday and use the $69 birthday ticket money for food or gifts?

No, if your birthday is on a blockout day, the only option you have is free admission. You only get to choose the other options if your birthday is NOT on a blockout day.

AVP
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
No, if your birthday is on a blockout day, the only option you have is free admission. You only get to choose the other options if your birthday is NOT on a blockout day.That's not the current offer. I put together a great chart (click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8766/Disneyland_Resort_Update#news3)) showing your options, depending on what type of admission you have on your birthday.

If you are a: Deluxe, SoCal or SoCal Select Annual Passholder

and you have a: Deluxe, SoCal or SoCal Select Annual Pass that IS blocked out on your birthday AND you have purchased a Blockout ticket on your birthday

you can receive: One of the three "alternate" gifts, which includes the Birthday Fun Card. BFCs can not be used for food though, so you could only use it for merchandise, guided tours, PhotoPass products, spa and salon services.

AVP

TowerofTerror
04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
The cost FOR BACKOUT TICKET is 40 bucks. It`s what you pay if your annual pass is blocked out

Nancy
04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
The cost FOR BACKOUT TICKET is 40 bucks. It`s what you pay if your annual pass is blocked out

Then you get a $69 birthday fun card so it is like having $29 free play money. That doesn't buy much, maybe a trinket or two.

Tinkermommy
04-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I'll be the only one in our group that has to buy a ticket at the park and I'm trying to cut down any wait time that I can.

Just so you're prepared -- Guest Services may not be the fastest option for this. The last few times I've been there (since the Celebration promotion started), the line at GS has been incredible. Friday morning, it was all through the queue, then backed up almost to where the Walk of Magical Memories bricks start. Since GS has fewer windows than the ticket booths, I'm wondering if the ticket booths might be faster. I haven't waited in a ticket booth line for years, so this may not be the case, but I've never seen such long lines at GS. Anybody have wait time estimates?

Nancy
04-09-2009, 09:08 AM
That's not the current offer. I put together a great chart (click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8766/Disneyland_Resort_Update#news3)) showing your options, depending on what type of admission you have on your birthday.

If you are a: Deluxe, SoCal or SoCal Select Annual Passholder

and you have a: Deluxe, SoCal or SoCal Select Annual Pass that IS blocked out on your birthday AND you have purchased a Blockout ticket on your birthday

you can receive: One of the three "alternate" gifts, which includes the Birthday Fun Card. BFCs can not be used for food though, so you could only use it for merchandise, guided tours, PhotoPass products, spa and salon services.

AVP

Thanks, sounds good to me!

CariBelle
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Just so you're prepared -- Guest Services may not be the fastest option for this. The last few times I've been there (since the Celebration promotion started), the line at GS has been incredible.

Ah yeah I didn't think about more people lining up there for their gift cards, I'll just have to see what the lines look like when we get there.

cstephens
04-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Then you get a $69 birthday fun card so it is like having $29 free play money. That doesn't buy much, maybe a trinket or two.

But it's $29 more than you would have otherwise.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Can you buy block-out tickets in advance online or by phone?

Malcon10t
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Can you buy block-out tickets in advance online or by phone?
Nope, only in person on the day of.