PDA

View Full Version : Nicer motels with their own shuttles (that can take scooters)

teafour2
03-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I have a reservation already, but I would love to find a nicer motel that has a good breakfast and shuttle service.One that can acomadate a scooter, anyone know ?.
thanks

CV12Pirate
03-22-2009, 03:00 PM
If you stay on Harbor you won't need a shuttle. From Hojo's to the Residence Inn, your scooter will take you to the park and back. As for breakfast, I eat in the park. Carnation Cafe.

SeansMom
03-22-2009, 05:23 PM
The two that come to mind that have their own shuttles are Candy Cane Inn and the Sheraton Anaheim. BUT, you'd have to contact the hotels directly to find out if they accomadate scooters.

As mentioned above, staying close might be the best option.

stan4d_steph
03-23-2009, 05:32 AM
I have a reservation already, but I would love to find a nicer motel that has a good breakfast and shuttle service.One that can acomadate a scooter, anyone know ?What do you consider a "good breakfast?" In my experience, the continental breakfast offered by the neighboring, walking-distance hotels is not good, based on the quality of offerings; I'd rather skip it and get something at Downtown Disney or in the park.

Malcon10t
03-23-2009, 06:31 AM
For "good", the ones I consider "good" are Residence Inn and Homewood Suites. But they are on ART and they can carry ECVs. ART goes to most of the hotels/motels in the area. Few have their own shuttles.

stan4d_steph
03-24-2009, 07:23 AM
For "good", the ones I consider "good" are Residence Inn and Homewood Suites. But they are on ART and they can carry ECVs. ART goes to most of the hotels/motels in the area. Few have their own shuttles.I was actually trying to remember which hotels still have their own shuttles now since ART was implemented. Do you happen to know?

Darkbeer
03-25-2009, 07:01 AM
I have to agree, "Good Breakfast" is Residence Inn (I like Maingate, next to AGW) but the RI on Harbor is also very nice, and Homewood Suites. FRESH to order Omelets, Bacon, and lots of Hot Food, usually either Pancakes or Waffles. Not the pre-packaged Muffins and some cereal and fruit.

Pretty much, almost any Hotel/Motel in the Anaheim Resort HAS to use ART due to City Zoning/Building Permits.

And ART is very good with folks that have Wheelchairs/ECV's, the few vehicles that can't handle them, the driver will call and dispatch a "friendly" vehicle. But most of the vehicles do have lifts and space for both Wheelchairs and ECV's.

Darkbeer
03-25-2009, 07:06 AM
I was actually trying to remember which hotels still have their own shuttles now since ART was implemented. Do you happen to know?

Candy Cane Inn and Sheraton Anaheim (on Ball) have been Grandfathered, but if they want any type of major building permit, they will have to join ART.

Disney found a way to not participate with ART, but also have no sort of Tram Service. (Other than the Monorail)

Some of the Hotels in Garden Grove (outside of Anaheim's control) have a shuttle. The main one is a shared shuttle between the Hyatt, Crowne Plaza, and the new Sheraton Garden Grove (even though they claim "Anaheim South"). Knott's Resort Hotel in Buena Park has its own shuttle, as do some other hotels outside of the Anaheim Resort area.