PDA

View Full Version : Questions about free birthday and tickets

ochibiyo
03-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi! I hope some mouse planet members can help me on this! I'm a little confused on the free birthday ticket.

First question: If you are staying at a Disney site hotel, can guest service at that hotel issue a free birthday ticket? Or do you have to go to the ticket booths by the Disneyland entrance, is there anywhere else?

Second question: If you buy your tickets at Vons or at any grocery store, can guest service issue an upgrade on your ticket for the free birthday? I know we had trouble one visit when we wanted to upgrade for another day and they couldn't because the tickets were bought from another source other than Disney.

Sorry if this is confusing, I'm confused! Thanks for anyone willing to help me on this!:confused:

disneylandgirl
03-18-2009, 09:43 AM
First question: If you are staying at a Disney site hotel, can guest service at that hotel issue a free birthday ticket? Or do you have to go to the ticket booths by the Disneyland entrance, is there anywhere else?

I doubt it... from what I know you have to go to the ticket booths. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...

Second question: If you buy your tickets at Vons or at any grocery store, can guest service issue an upgrade on your ticket for the free birthday? I know we had trouble one visit when we wanted to upgrade for another day and they couldn't because the tickets were bought from another source other than Disney.

Do you mean you want to buy a one day ticket from Vons then get it upgraded to a two day ticket using the amount from your free birthday ticket? I doubt that would work... because the birthday ticket isn't "money", its a one day addmission. If you had a pass and got the Fun Card, then maybe. But I think the free admission is just good for free admission, and not upgrading anything. But again... someone correct me if I'm wrong...

ochibiyo
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks! Also another question! Is the free birthday ticket to both parks or just Disneyland? Thanks again!

Malcon10t
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks! Also another question! Is the free birthday ticket to both parks or just Disneyland? Thanks again!It's a one park ticket, but you choose which park. I think if you are a SoCal resident, you get a 2-fer though.

Darkbeer
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
It's a one park ticket, but you choose which park. I think if you are a SoCal resident, you get a 2-fer though.

Yes, if you have proof of living in the right zip codes, you can get a 2fer just by asking for it (until the promo ends in early June), as you can upgrade to any other ticket, and it is the same price as the one-day/one-park ticket.

So if you want a SoCal 2 day Parkhopper (2 days for the price of 1), you would just pay $25 more.