PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly River Fastpass off network is now back on network

Mark Mywords
03-16-2009, 10:50 AM
So, I got a surprise when trying to pull the usual "Freebie" FP from GRR on Sunday. It spat out a non valid ticket (saying, correctly, that I already had a FP for Soarin').

Bummer, looks like they put GRR's FP back on the network.

Anybody know when this happened? Is Roger Rabbits FP still "Disconnected"?

olegc
03-16-2009, 05:56 PM
So, I got a surprise when trying to pull the usual "Freebie" FP from GRR on Sunday. It spat out a non valid ticket (saying, correctly, that I already had a FP for Soarin').

Bummer, looks like they put GRR's FP back on the network.

Anybody know when this happened? Is Roger Rabbits FP still "Disconnected"?

went to Disneyland on March 8th and Roger is still disconnected..

TowerofTerror
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
wow it was always off the network. I wonder why they put i t back on the network

mkraemer
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
wow it was always off the network. I wonder why they put i t back on the network

Spring break is coming, with larger crowds...
(that's my guess)

Bolivar
03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
My question would be why was it off the network in the first place?

SeansMom
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
My question would be why was it off the network in the first place?

Because it's the Happiest Place on Earth :fez:.

FolsomFan
03-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Pickle sauce. Having it off the network last summer was outstanding.

cynthia312
03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I think slowly but surely people are finding out about this little "secret" with Roger Rabbit and GRR fastpass off network. I think we should continue to be "Shhh!" about it.:rolleyes:

The old man
05-17-2009, 07:52 PM
So there I was Friday around noon at DCA and going to work my usual pattern. Pull a FP at SOC then over to GRR to get a FP there. When out came the message that I already had a FP at SOC! What gives? I guess the jig is up.

Not that I care, but did the same thing happen to RR at DL?

Mark Mywords
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I posted a (confusingly titled) thread about this a while back.

Yeah, bummer, no "Free" GRR fastpasses anymore... I gather that Roger Rabbit is still "Off-network", though.

mrsdisney68
05-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Bummer:(

Burnt Toast
05-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Grizzly has always been seasonal (for as long as I remember it, though during the first two years it wasn't really). Basically when it comes around towards Memorial Day (the start of summer), then they "hook it" back up to the network. Afterwards, when it dies down again, they take it back off.

Mark Mywords
05-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Grizzly has always been seasonal (for as long as I remember it, though during the first two years it wasn't really). Basically when it comes around towards Memorial Day (the start of summer), then they "hook it" back up to the network. Afterwards, when it dies down again, they take it back off.

I'm not sure about that.

My family uses the same scheme as the old man... pull passes for Soarin, then hit GRR for the "Free" pass right away. We've definitely done this successfully for at least the past two summer time trips (mid to late June), and I want to think going back earlier than that.

In any case, it's been tied back to the FP network since at least early March.

AlbertaMinnie
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure about that.

My family uses the same scheme as the old man... pull passes for Soarin, then hit GRR for the "Free" pass right away. We've definitely done this successfully for at least the past two summer time trips (mid to late June), and I want to think going back earlier than that.

In any case, it's been tied back to the FP network since at least early March.

Yeah, us too. We have always found GRR disconnected....March Spring Break, July last year and August the year before..... Too bad!! Maybe this is just temporarily connected to the fastpass system??? Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch....

TowerofTerror
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I loved it when GRR was off the network because I wOULD Grabb one from there and another form Say Soarin

Chadsgal
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
THIS SUCKS!! I heard that the line for GRR yesterday was 90min! I always counted on that being my free fastpast. So sad.

The old man
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I believe this is incorrect.

FolsomFan
05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
I will be there in two weeks and plan to test it. As other have mentioned, the "free" Fastpass was always nice.

evrythngwmn
05-19-2009, 08:55 AM
With all the construction there have been shut downs and re-configuring of power supplies and computer networks. They probably realized during the re-hook up that it was offline from the system.

AlbertaMinnie
05-19-2009, 09:03 AM
With all the construction there's been shut downs and re-configuring of power supplies and computer networks. They probably realized during the re-hook up that it was offline from the system.

I always assumed it was off the network on purpose - like RR. But you may be onto something there....maybe during the interruptions, they accidentally connected it to the system....??? Here's hoping!