PDA

View Full Version : 12-24-02 closing time

disneyscott
12-24-2002, 08:47 AM
With both parks closing at 8pm tonight is it because no one is at the park or are they being nice to there employees, Im thinking about going after work

Grandbreaker
12-24-2002, 01:06 PM
I get to work tonight and tomorrow 11pm-7am, so I guess they are not being nice since I mainly work DAYS>

Polar33
12-24-2002, 02:18 PM
The rumor is that they do it to be nice to the CMs...but even with an 8PM closing most "closing" CMs won't be out of there on till around 11 or 12 anyways. Then there are all the third shift folks starting their day at around that time. To be honest...I can't figure out why they really close the park that early. Unless it is so they can schedule more CMs to work on Christmas without having to worry about double-back.

ldsguy
12-25-2002, 08:21 PM
I think you may have this right, as in California, if you schedule someone to work two shifts, in which the second shift starts less than 12 hours after the last one ended, then you must pay overtime, of course not all employers do this and there are ways to get around it, i.e. Union Contracts. But my guess is that this would be a good reason as Christmas day is generaly very crowded.