PDA

View Full Version : School Bread Revisited...Yucky Chicken Nuggets

mzloolue
03-14-2009, 06:12 PM
In the past I have expressed my love for Kringla Bakery's School Bread.
I now take it all back!

The school bread that I held in such great affection is apparently no longer available.
The replacement is definitely inferior and also much smaller.
Boo:eek: Hiss:mad:

It's not quite totally yucky, but it is more like the mass production donuts from Kroger or somewhere equally uninspired.

Also, the chicken nuggets are now, well, kind of like doggy treats...stale doggy treats.
And the tuna fish sandwiches are over $8!
I don't know about anyone else, but for me tuna fish sandwiches are desperation food for when the cupboard is bare or the electricity is off.
Eight bucks for a tuna fish sandwich was a shocker for me.

Thank goodness for Garden Grocer!

TinaMouse
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Bummer! I still hadn't gotten one, so that was on the list for the next trip. Oh well, I don't know what I was missing since I never had the old one.

I had chicken nuggets on my salad at Columbia Harbor House and I thought they were dreadful. Hard as rocks with WAY too much breading on them. Ick!

MrsGrumpy
03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Awwwww Bummer! I had read your rave reviews in the past, mzloolue, and was looking forward to trying the school bread.

Oh Well...at least I'll save a few calories. ;)

mzloolue
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Hopefully they'll bring back the good school bread.

And do something about those doggie snack chicken nuggets.

Didn't they used to have chicken strips that were decent?

JTM
04-14-2009, 05:43 AM
I am so sad...we just booked our trip and schoolhouse bread was one of our must haves (right up there with figaro fries and a dole whip).

When we were there Jan. 2008 we had a roastbeef sandwich and a shrimp salad one...neither were very good but we didn't care because of the schoolhouse bread.

I'm hoping by August they will bring it back :)

TinaMouse
04-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh, I don't want to tell you that they changed the figaro fries too. Last time I was there, no lettuce & tomato, which just equalled cheese & bacon fries. Not nearly as good as in previous trips.:confused:

JTM
04-15-2009, 05:14 AM
I gasped when I read this....I diet from the booking of the trip until I sit down with my fries! I am heartbroken. Figaro Fries are my all-time favorite....what is happening...next thing I know you will say the dolewhips have no pineapple :(

TinaMouse
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
JTM, you're safe there. Dole whips are untouched (although I had it "twisted" with vanilla last time and I LOVED it).

Maybe you can ask for tomatoes and lettuce on the FF. I just thought it was WAY too heavy without the veggies on it.

Drince88
04-15-2009, 11:10 AM
But don't get Mike Demo going about them taking away the sprinkles from the Dole Whip stand!

WdwGurl4life
04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
They used to have the BESTTT chicken strips.. a joke between my cousin and I was.. the last day b4 i left I would buy her some chicken strips and when I got homme that night.. I would bring her by them.. they were THAT good! Now.. NOT CLOSE! The only thing I can think of for THIS explanation.. Health?? I know they were ALLL batter.. Maybe that's why?

JTM
04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Ahhh great minds think alike...My plan is to ask for lettuce and tomato and I will chop and dice and add it to my fries at the table. Changes to the classics are really starting to irritate me :mad:

What is this about sprinkles...I like sprinkles....