PDA

View Full Version : New Disneyland food treats

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
12-23-2002, 11:39 AM
From the Disneyland today I picked up on Sunday:

jalapeno or cream cheese pretzels: soft pretzels with your choice of jalapeno or cream cheese filling; available in DL at Refreshment Corner, Troubadour Treats and Bengal Barbecue and in DCA at Pacific Wharf and at vending carts in both parks

chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick: icy cold cheesecake, hand-dipped in a chocolate coating and choice of toppings; available in DL at Gibson Girl and Club Buzz and in DCA at Burrrrbank Ice Cream

apple pie pop'ins: bite-size apple pies with caramel dipping sauce; available in DL at Club Buzz, Hungry Bear, Village Haus and Stage Door Cafe

fantasy funnel cakes: piled high with fruit toppings and whipped cream; available in DL at Club Buzz and Hungry Bear

apple fries: deep fried apple slices, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, with a side of caramel sauce; available in DL at Club Buzz and in DCA at Strips, Dips and Chips

gn2dlnd
12-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
apple pie pop'ins: bite-size apple pies with caramel dipping sauce; available in DL at Club Buzz, Hungry Bear, Village Haus and Stage Door Cafe

How about a Christmas version called, "Merry Pop'ins." :rolleyes:

Are they trying to kill us? At the rate they're going, nobody's going to be able to fit into any sort of safety restraint, we'll just wander around the parks grazing, periodically checking into first aid to give ourselves insulin injections.
Maybe its their secret long range plan to close all those dangerous and costly rides, and just have us plop down for another show every half hour. I'll bet this is the Hamburglar's doing! (shakes fist)

SzczerbiakManiac
12-23-2002, 01:56 PM
cstephens, I did not need to know this...! :mad: ;)
Especially the chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick. I'm not going to fit through the turnstiles anymore.... :rolleyes: :p

Kimi_Coconuts
12-23-2002, 02:02 PM
I had the mini apple pie bites with carmel on them, they were DELICIOUS!

Next trip I'll try the jalepeno pretzel, yummy.

Not Afraid
12-23-2002, 02:03 PM
May I refer anyone who is interested and needs some help avoiding these foods here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12303)

MammaSilva
12-23-2002, 03:31 PM
the new sweets sound yummy but PLEASE tell me that they still have the wonderful tamales over in Frontierland that they have had in holiday seasons past! My mouth is already watering for one next weekend for dinner!

Laffite
12-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Why, this is good news! Because folks, I love food! (http://home.earthlink.net/~captbulldog/guess8.mp3) (114kb)

Preston

WickedQueen
12-24-2002, 08:38 AM
jalapeno or cream cheese pretzels: soft pretzels with your choice of jalapeno or cream cheese filling

I saw the ones with cream cheese filling at the El Capitan and they looked delicious!

chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick: icy cold cheesecake, hand-dipped in a chocolate coating and choice of toppings

My son's favorite treat at the Disney Studios Holiday Faire! Looks like they have been trying these out elsewhere before introducting them at Disneyland.

apple fries: deep fried apple slices, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, with a side of caramel sauce;

If these are the same as the ones they have at Legoland, they are amazing! I can't wait to try these!

cstephens
12-24-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by WickedQueen
Re: cheesecake on a stick - My son's favorite treat at the Disney Studios Holiday Faire! Looks like they have been trying these out elsewhere before introducting them at Disneyland.

Hmmm, I must have missed those at the Holiday Faire. I'm trying really hard to miss them at the DLR too...

re: apple fries - If these are the same as the ones they have at Legoland, they are amazing! I can't wait to try these!

My husband remembered the apple fries at Legoland (which he loved - the apple fries and Legoland) when we went a few years ago, so he tried them at DL on Sunday, and he thought they were really good.

Not Afraid
12-24-2002, 04:30 PM
I can highly recommend the jalapeno pretzles at Coke Corner. Ummm Ummm Good (with cheese sauce, of course).

Typing from Innoventions is not ideal :rolleyes:

jslivinski
12-31-2002, 03:22 PM
YUM!!! Can't wait to try the yummy sound new treats. Thanks for posting them.

Mstevef1
01-02-2003, 09:11 AM
We tried the cream-cheese pretzels and funnel cake with strawberry sauce on NYEs:

1) The cream-cheese pretzels are actually coated with a bit of cinnamon-sugar so they make a tasty dessert [I was expecting a unsweetened pretzel].

2) Funnel cake: I tried it once w/o the sauce a few years ago and was unimpressed [too dry for my tastes] but the one with topping was good stuff. We asked for "extra-heaps" of strawberry sauce and whipped topping on ours - so much so that most everyone at Club Buzz was staring at our plate with jaws-dropped!

[I really wanted to try the other goodies but simply could not eat more that night: hopefully these desserts will be around for a few more days...]

Steve

KarenW2
01-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Both my DH and I are addicted to the caramel apple cider at DCA & DL! Thankfully, Starbucks has a wonderful version of the same thing & they're a LOT closer to home (and probably cheaper as well). But suffice to say, each time we've been to the DLR lately, I have to get the cider before we leave.

I even introduced it to a woman who was waiting in line ahead of us, last time we were at DCA. She overheard us talking about it and had to ask. She said she was planning on getting the hot chocolate, but after hearing about the cider, she had to try it!!

My DH also likes the jalapeno & cream cheese pretzels. I tasted his first regular cream cheese one and later had to have one of my own. But I found they can differ greatly between pretzels! His was nice, warm, and very full of the cream cheese, mine was not warm and had very little cream cheese in it. It was also tougher to chew.

Anybody know when these things go off the special menu at the parks?

Dexter
01-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
jalapeno or cream cheese pretzels: soft pretzels with your choice of jalapeno or cream cheese filling

I recently tried one of the cream cheese pretzles, I will dare say they were really good, I would advise having something to drink with it, but the cream cheese is sweetened and was quite a surprise when I bit into it!

I was expecting something like a bagle with the plain cream cheese. It wasn't bad, but I'm sure I gained a pound or two. :rolleyes:

ldsguy
01-02-2003, 10:20 AM
I had the Apple Fries at DCA on NYE and they were good, but the menu there said they are only for the holidays.....but I noticed when i was watching Barrage the thier menu didn't say that, so the question is which is true?

PurpleDove33
01-03-2003, 11:59 PM
cstephens, thanks for the posts about the holiday goodies. Ever since I first read your post, I was dreaming of that chocolate dipped cheesecake on the stick. Well NYE I tried one. WOW was that soooooooo good!!! I really wished that it would be a regular item to get not just during the holidays. The deep fried apples were good too. But anything with chocolate is A+ in my book. Thanks again.

ldsguy
01-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Again, the guidemap doesn't say it's a holiday item, nor does the menu at Club Buzz....so, who knows, maybe there at least, they'll be a regular item.

jslivinski
01-16-2003, 06:03 PM
I don't know if we had the apple fries or the pop'ins (minds a bit fuzzy on which one), but whichever they were delicious. Instead of dipping sauce the carmel was poured over them, which made for an goey mess, especially at night, but Josh and I loved them.

Hubby and I are heading down by ourselves in March and it is fast become dubbed the food trip. It supposed to be so we can do all the things we can't with the kids and as I plan our time food seems to be a major factor. Resturants without the menu on the wall, I can't wait.:) :p

jslivinski
01-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Both my DH and I are addicted to the caramel apple cider at DCA & DL! This is probably just a holiday thing, but where would you find this caramel apple cider? It sounds delicious.

Lashbear
01-16-2003, 06:12 PM
...How about a Make-It-Yourself recipe for us folks not near DL ??? ... can any one come up with a make-alike recipe ?? Kevin.... are you out there ??

tiggerandtink
01-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Like Ben Stiller in "Something About Mary" I am a big fan of meat on a stick. My favorite corndogs in the world are at DL. I was at WDW for a week and looked in every park for their version of my favorite treat and they don't have it! West Coast baby! I must admit that all of those sound good but for those of you worried about poundage don't forget the ol' fruitcart on Main Street. I usually hit it for an apple or something between my many bites of junkfood just to balance the whole thing out.:D

As for that carmel apple cider I believe someone said that Starbucks makes a good one, they say it's seasonal but they can do it year round. Trust me, I live in Seattle and there are three Stabucks for every one in CA. They are everywhere!!! Try their Gingerbread Latte, it's yummy!

KarenW2
01-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi jslivinski,
At Disneyland, they sell the caramel apple cider at the Blue Ribbon Bakery and at DCA, they sell it at the Baker's Field Bakery. When we were at DCA for the annual passholder Aladdin thing, we were still able to order it, so I'm not sure if and when they'll be discontinuing it. It's not on the menu, so you have to ask.

And, yes, I was the one who mentioned getting it at Starbuck's, much closer to home and now on my local store's menu under "coffee alternatives" or some such thing.

I just picked up some Torani Caramel Syrup at a local Cost Plus store and intend to try our own home-grown version tomorrow night. On the bottle, it says to add 1/2-1 oz. of syrup to drinks like cappuccino, caffe latte, steamed milk or iced coffee, but it doesn't say how many ounces of the various drinks, so I guess we'll be doing some experimenting with the hot cider, to figure out the right amount.

If you'd like, I can let you know what we come up with.

SoCalSnowWhite
01-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh man, another reason I have to go this weekend!!

HBTiggerFan
01-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
I just picked up some Torani Caramel Syrup at a local Cost Plus store and intend to try our own home-grown version tomorrow night. On the bottle, it says to add 1/2-1 oz. of syrup to drinks like cappuccino, caffe latte, steamed milk or iced coffee, but it doesn't say how many ounces of the various drinks, so I guess we'll be doing some experimenting with the hot cider, to figure out the right amount.

If you'd like, I can let you know what we come up with.

I worked at a coffee cart for a while, making drinks. I would say for 8oz 1 "pump" of syrup is most likely enough, 12oz would be 1.5 pumps and 16oz is 2 pumps.

drjones
01-17-2003, 11:47 AM
thanks every one here i am 7 months pregnant and can barely fit through the turnstyles as it is and now you have me craving dl desserts. :crying: