PDA

View Full Version : I've got Spring Fever!! How do you cope??

Squeaky
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I have a serious case of Spring Fever and can think of NOTHING but going to Disneyland!! Sadly, our trip isn't until July :( How do you best cope when the Spring Fever bug bites and you can't just jump and go to DLR?

houseofmouse
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Our next trip is the end of June. I feel your pain. I was just there last month with my parents for two days so that helped. (See trip report)
I like to look at pictures of our past trips, go on YouTube and watch my fav ride and show videos and drive my kids nuts listening to Disney music all day!!!
My parents go a lot, as the live there, so I live through them too. They always send me a Buzz pic when they go and call me so I can hear the music of the land.:)

disneylandgirl
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I play my Disneyland CD in my car. And spend all day on MousePlanet. :fez:

Squeaky
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I play my Disneyland CD in my car. And spend all day on MousePlanet. :fez:

heehee, you just summed up half of my day!!! :D

adriennek
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
More cowbell.

Adrienne

Bytebear
03-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I am lucky enough to be able to go nearly every weekend. But, I am neglecting my gardening.

candles71
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I am lucky enough to be able to go nearly every weekend. But, I am neglecting my gardening.

**SIGH** I can't even do that as it keeps freezing. Temperature this AM 34 degrees.:( And then it turns into a beautiful gorgeous California Day that I could SO go plant something.

disney jones
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
fortunately we have one of the first spring breaks in the west so we're among the first to get to go. :cool:

bantha09
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Listen to Disney CD's in car, youtube, mouseplanet, and google earth and yellowpages. com looking at the parks from above.

dznyphreak
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
If you're missing Disneyland, may I recommend this video?:
Disneyland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuH2nBarrrw)
Someone compiled videos of pretty much every ride, show, and attraction at Disneyland AND DCA and linked them into a YouTube map of the parks. I find it to be as good as it gets without actually being there.
Enjoy! :)

ladodgerjon
03-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Until eight months ago, I lived in LA. I was born and raised there...

I had a premium AP since they first started the program. I'd go with my son to the DLR AT LEAST once a month.

That was until July when I signed a deal that took me to NYC.

For the first time in my life, I'm experiencing spring fever...

...and SEVERE withdrawal for Jack in the Box... AND DISNEYLAND.

Thank goodness for the DLR updates -- and pix -- on Mouseplanet!

My son & I read/flip through the souvenir guide for a quick "fix"... talk about past visits... and watch a few park related dvd's.

We're planning a trip to WDW in April.

The worst was last week: for about two days I thought work was going to send me to Vegas AND L.A. Trip got pushed a few months.

Can you say, "PSYCH!!!"??!!??

CV12Pirate
03-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm a Pirate... I get a Wench!

Tan Da Man
03-10-2009, 01:02 PM
If you're missing Disneyland, may I recommend this video?:
Disneyland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuH2nBarrrw)
Someone compiled videos of pretty much every ride, show, and attraction at Disneyland AND DCA and linked them into a YouTube map of the parks. I find it to be as good as it gets without actually being there.
Enjoy! :)

Freakin AMAZING

I love it lol

Squeaky
03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
...The worst was last week: for about two days I thought work was going to send me to Vegas AND L.A. Trip got pushed a few months.

Can you say, "PSYCH!!!"??!!??

ouch!! that's painful! Well, you'll get go soon!

ssturgeo
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
My next trip is probably not until November...:<(

I cope by reading the boards every day, looking at everyone's...especially DarkBeer's....pictures. I am constantly updating my DL book ( really a 4 inch binder) and trying to keep all the info in it current, including menus; planning and daydreaming about my next trip; looking at pictures of past books; listening to my 6 CD DL set.

I too have a bad case of "I Want to be at Disneyland" fever!!

teafour2
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
We went to WDW in November and had to go again so our trip coming up will be in August. Talk about having to go 2 times a year LOL!!