PDA

View Full Version : The Wall on Main Street - Still there? Till when?

Carina
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
A Friend of mine leaves today for DL ( she will be there Monday for 3-4 days)

I have seen pictures of the Main Street Wall & when I think of that AND all the stuff in DCA its sad to think that they will see a whole lotta costruction going on!

Any chance that the Main Street wall is about to come down since its pretty much spring break time starting this weekend ( not going by Disney Stats going by the fact that many Schools here are getting out for Spring Break today and next week)

evrythngwmn
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I believe the wall at the end of Main St came down today.

ESS Heckler
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM
OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! I hope it is true!!

We leave tomorrow for a 4 day stay in DLR. I REALLY want my nieces to see Main Street for the first time in all it's glory!!!

ryanvalle
03-07-2009, 08:31 AM
If I were disney, it'd be in their best interest to have the wall down by today (saturday), being that bigger crowds will start coming in and down season will once again start around april 20ish. Lots of schools start to have spring break (not necessarily in the area, but other places), so guests start traveling in.

DisneyDustin22
03-07-2009, 12:49 PM
walls on Main St were down as of last night

ESS Heckler
03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
walls on Main St were down as of last night

Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Oh I am so very happy!!!!
Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!!

AlbertaMinnie
03-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Yay! Thanks for the update!

Carina
03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Oh I am so very happy!!!!
Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

My friend & her family are on a once in a lifetime trip (their 3 kids first DL trip) and I soooo wanted it to be "pretty" when they got there. Especially considering DCA is not as picturesque as usual!

They are scheduled to arrive in Anaheim tonight and their first day at DL is tomorrow!

ryanvalle
03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth!

My friend & her family are on a once in a lifetime trip (their 3 kids first DL trip) and I soooo wanted it to be "pretty" when they got there. Especially considering DCA is not as picturesque as usual!

They are scheduled to arrive in Anaheim tonight and their first day at DL is tomorrow!

I think disneyland would be prettier if they took down the celebration decor out of main street, especially the huge balloon set up in town square.

disneylandgirl
03-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I like the balloons...

Wendi
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
One of the main street shops is covered with tarps, but everything else looks nice and one side of the street is repaved. Now DCA is another story... walls all over the place! Luckily there were a couple of spots where my son could stop and watch all of the construction activity for the World of Color. He was so fascinated with the empty "bay" when we were there in November and yesterday he was even more interested in seeing what was going on down there. I can't believe it's taking 15 months... that seems so long!